“Go here!!”

Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Egg-cellent breakfast. Chorizo was great. Potatoes yummy. Service was fast for Sunday morning. Note this place only has seating for 30 in winter and a lil more than that when the patio is open. Worth the wait if there is one!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

As other reviewers wrote, small place. Never had a bad meal there and it is well worth it if you hit it without a wait.

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Smaller, I mean really small, place that has maybe 10 tables. Sunday mornings are packed.
The service is really good. The waitresses are really on top of things.
The food is really really good and reasonably priced.
We have eaten breakfast there three times and have had good experiences every time.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I visited Eggs N 'at during our trip home to South Carolina. It was noonish on a Sunday, and we were peckish. Rather than stop at a corporate fast food place, we hoped to find a small, independent place that reminded us we were in Pittsburgh. We found Eggs N'At through an Internet search and knew immediately it was locally owned, just by its name. We read the reviews and it didn't take much deciding that it would be our destination for breakfst-y lunch-y deliciousness.

When we arrived, the parking lot was packed and we were lucky to grab the last available space. Not coincidentally, the restaurant was also jammed, with one small two-top open. It took us a while to get the attention of wait staff to get a seat (an omen of things to come) but after a bit we were brought to our table with a smile and given menus.

Such choices! Each offering looked better than the last. Plus there were specials on a chalk board. While we took a few minutes to peruse the menu, our waitress came by asking if we were ready to order. "No, please give us a few minutes." She asked if we'd like coffee, which I always do; my wife ordered tea.

After another minute or two, we had settled on our choices. We closed our menus and looked at the decor. Rock and roll album covers were on display everywhere in neat frames, (I'm a record collector) and we took note of the different bands, some well known, some obscure. Then we talked about which were in my collection...then we sat, waiting for our coffee and tea and to place our order. "It's busy...." I told my wife. She agreed.

Soon our coffee and tea arrived. The waitress took our order and flitted off.

Wife and I talked about the wedding we had attended the day before. How good did so and so look? Didn't the bride glow? Did you see the cheeks on that adorable baby? Who was that guy in the pink coat that crashed the wedding?

Then we watched the Jets game begin on the many TVs. The first quarter was more than half over when we scanned the entire restaurant hoping to find our waitress. We finally spotted her and asked her what the hold up was. "Oh, the kitchen is very busy."

The place closes at 2PM, and now more than half the tables were empty. We had ordered breakfast items, fried eggs, which don't take very long to cook. Meanwhile, the people next to us, who arrived after us, were served their food. We saw our waitress seat an older gentleman and speak with him for a while. It was obvious he was a regular, because all of the waitresses smiled broadly at him as they passed. His food was served very quickly.

"Where is our order???" we asked. "We are hungry and have a really long drive ahead of us."

"I'll check," said the waitress.

"If it's not here in two minutes, we're leaving," my wife warned.

Lo, and behold, our waitress made it before the deadline. She placed the plates in front of us. It looked great...well worth the wait.

Except...it was cold. Our food had obviously been ready for a while and sat until it lost its heat.

The food, though cold, was well prepared and presented. It tasted good, but not as good as it should have. At least the waitress discounted the meal (as she should have)...we didn't have to ask.

So... based on the reviews and the other happy faces in the restaurant, it seems like our trip was an aberration. But, alas, we can't give a review of someone else's experience. We have to give Eggs n 'at an "average" based on the terrible (but friendly) service and cold food. Hate to do it.

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are in PA for the weekend, and we stopped in for a late breakfast. What a great find! We like to support local businesses, and we were thrilled with our experience here. My wife ordered an omelet with fries and sourdough toast. I ordered the pancake special: two cakes, two eggs, and chorizo sausage. Absolutely delicious!
Our server was quite friendly and very attentive. I'm sure she was a college student, and she was great. The staff was friendly as well. I purchased a t-shirt to take with me back to Florida.
If you're in the Pittsburgh area and have some time for a delicious meal with great service, look no further.