“Average Food Large Portions”

Segneri's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 75 Restaurants in Coraopolis
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 14 February 2013

The atmosphere of the restaurant is somewhat like a local pub but probably closer to a mom & pop restaurant. Decor is sparse. However, it does make for a friendly and very casual ambiance. Out server was excellent and fun, definitely a plus. I had spaghetti and meatball (yes, singular is correct). The amount of food was more than ample. The quality I would rate from average to a bit above average. I am not a fan of a lot of spaghetti sauce and my dish was swimming in it. I had figured that, since there was only one meatball, it would be of good size, but it was only slightly large than normal. That being said, the portions were big to the point that nobody could finish their meal.

In summary, I would say that I would go back but I wouldn't give the restaurant high marks. I would recommend it but with reservations. If you want fairly good food Italian food in large portion, then this is the place for you. Great Italian food.... not so much.

There are newer reviews for Segneri's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed 29 December 2012

This is a neighborhood joint that reminds me of my childhood in Hoboken, NJ. There is a limited menu here of classic Italian dishes with some specials of the day.

I opted for the Chicken Parmesean which was not on the menu but was one of the day's specials. It was so good! I got two large, perfectly breaded and fried chicken breasts with a side of penne. Lots of cheese and sauce - probably a bit oversauced - and the pasta was a little overcooked. Still, not a dealbreaker as it was a delicious dish overall.

My wife opted for the lasagna - our server highly recommended this and said it is homemade. It also was delicious if not a bit oversauced.

I also ordered the Italian Wedding soup. This was a good dish but on the verge of being too salty.

Overall, this is a cozy place with a very familiar way of serving customers here. Highly recommend for delicious food at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Walked in and were allowed to choose our table. Our waitress, JoAnn, was the sweetest lady ever. This is obviously a family owned restaurant and the staff is very laid back and friendly.

I had the wedding soup(delicious) and the gnocchi (amazing!!) which came with one meatball. My husband had the lasagna and he enjoyed it. We didn't drink and our total bill was $28.00. WOW! We usually can't get one entree for $28!!

Segneri's is right next to an old abandoned train station which was kind of neat. The building itself is really old and is screaming to be updated inside. None of these things matter to us at all if the food is good and it was. If you are looking for an upscale dining experience with a cool atmosphere and a great view, run for the hills. If you are looking for amazing Italian food, this is your place.

We dined at Eleven, Kaya, and a few other nice places while we were in Pittsburgh and Segneri's was our favorite. The food was that good!

2  Thank pinkbutterflyteacher
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The service is really bad, and the food less than memorable. We've actually refused to back there, ever again. We usually give places at least 3 lousy visits before we decide it's them, not us, and we gave them the benefit of at least 5 bad visits in a row. The last straw....we were seated relatively quickly in a half full restaurant. We waited, and waited, and waited, and finally got the waitress to stop avoiding eye contact. We tried to order, and she barked at us that they were closing in 1/2 hour, and we couldn't get anything with pasta, because it would take too long. And then she stomped off again, without giving us a chance to order anything.

1  Thank kimly55
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I have been to Segneri's quite a few times and have always had a great meal. I tried the Tripe and Bruschetta this trip and both were wonderful. Now mind you I am not a big tripe fan but the way they prepared it made it worth eating. Now if you plan to visit this restaurant, everything is ala carte but reasonably priced. Really you dont need sides since the size of the main dishes are huge. On the flip side the service is so so, depending on your Waiter/Waitress.
It is a small place that gets packed fast, so if you plan to go, the best time is around 7:00pm.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant.