“Hunan Chinese Restaurant”

Hunan Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 77 Restaurants in Coraopolis
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Best Chinese Food and friendly staff! Staff take a delight in greeting their customers and provide fast and friendly service with a smile! They have been a local gem for over twenty years and appreciate their customers!

1  Thank travelinggirl009

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I went to Hunan with two teenage boys. The place is small and appears to be mostly carry out but we were eating in. We ordered two kung pao chicken and one general tso. The kung pao ($12) was very good with plenty of chicken and properly spicy. I enjoyed it however, one of the boys ordered general tso ($14) and it was really good. If I went back, I'd get it. Portions are huge, easily enough for two. We probably took 70% of our food home with us.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

They have the best Chinese food in the area, great service eat in or take out and delivery.. They did just raise there prices for a my family of 4 our take out order came to $54.00.. We will go back because it is so good, but order less.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My family and I decided to grab some Chinese food and since there is only a very limited amount of Asian/Chines restaurants directly located in Moon Township, we decided to give the Hunan Chinese Restaurant another try (after quite a few years of not getting food there).
We ordered the following items (yes we were hungry):
-General Tso's Chicken
-Pork Lo Mein
-Chicken Fried Rice
-Sweet and Sour Soup
-Egg Rolls
-Eggplant dish (don't recall the name)

I went to the restaurant and was recognized by the owner. The food was already sitting there (about 15 minutes was the estimate provided for pickup).

Once I came home and we sat down to enjoy the food we ordered & picked up we noticed the following:
-Egg rolls were very salty
-General Tso's Chicken was rather bland, not really spicy and very little sauce and veggies -- used to have way more veggies and more sauce & flavor.
-Fried Rice & Lo Mein were ok
-no idea as to the Eggplant as I didn't have any
-soup was ok but luke warm -- definitely not what it used to be.

Overall a rather very disappointing $50 dollar dinner and I think the next time we are in the mood for chinese food we will have to explore other establishments though further away.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Hunan Chinese Restaurant has good food and service. During my military service, stationed in Germany, I have enjoy eating in many Chinese restaurant and grown fun of eating duck with peanut butter source. Although not advertised in the menu but I have ask and they had honored my request and it was the best. Come and experience it for yourself. It is minutes away from the Embassy Suites Hotel.