“Good location with inviting atrium area”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Coraopolis
Cooper City, Florida
“Good location with inviting atrium area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is just a few minutes drive or a hotel shuttle ride from the airport. The location is good for local businesses or as a staging area for downtown. It has a nice presence located hilltop in the office park area. They do the standard Embassy amenities well. The atrium also has a separate restaurant...not something you find with all Embassy's. The rooms are standard Embassy quality with up to date amenities and furnishings.

I believe a sign of a good hotel is how they deal with problems. I was given a room that was noisy due to it's proximity to the laundry room. When I called the front desk they promptly moved me to another room, gave me a voucher to the restaurant and followed up to make sure everything was satisfactory. No complaints from me!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank caryon1
Erin H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for the time you took to post a review about your stay with us. We take pride in our service and it is good to hear that you were taken care of by a friendly front desk agent. I am excited to share your comments with the team. We hope to see you back in the future!

Director of Revenue Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I had on of my best nights ever in this luxurious hotel. I couldn't believe I would have a free dinner and a delicious breakfast. The view inside the hotel is wonderful. I couldn't resist the beautiful fountain and flowers inside. The pool is ok. Room size is convenient. Very clean. Nice and welcoming staff.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank AbuBakr E
Charlton, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Always like Embassy Suites - lotsa bang for the buck. 3 adults and 1 child - king suite with pullout sofa and excellent breakfast included - $129. We were here with a sports team for a tournament downtown - about 20 min drive to the convention center. Caught a Pirates game while were there over Memorial Day weekend - great time. They seem to be very busy with weddings and rehearsals. Could not get extra pillows first night, which was disappointing since I had to pay $10 for the 3rd adult. But got them the next day along with extra shampoo and conditioner :) Free happy hour (don't get too excited, not much, but its "free" and kids can feed the koi in the pond. I would stay here again.

Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

While this hotel is listed as an Airport hotel, it is not an easy drive. After many hours of flying, it was all we could do to navigate the winding highways of Pittsburgh's suburbs at night to get to the hotel. Once there, we were totally charmed. The Embassy Suites is always among our favorites for pampering and we weren't disappointed. The suite was well appointed, and the bath toiletries were a quality brand. Breakfast was fabulous, as one would expect in Embassy Suites. A chef prepared eggs any style to order, with ample variety of ingredients for your favorite omelette. Hot and cold breakfast foods, along with a wide variety of juices and other beverages created a wonderful meal to start the morning. After breakfast we enjoyed walking through the atrium and relaxed watching the koi swim in the ponds. It made the airport drive much less of a concern.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from the elevators have less foot traffic passing by.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at a many ES and this one by far did not fall in my category of "memorable" for the right reasons. My booking was easy but the ADA room with a SINGLE twin-sized bed was a definite turn off! Very clean room and bath though I will say! Atrium is nice with beautiful fish in the pond but breakfast was a total let-down. It seemed cold and not prepared with any kind of TLC. Ax those shredded potatoes and what ever happened to the Made-To-Order the day I was there!? I'll choose wiser in the Hilton portfolio next time I'm in PIT.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Erin H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance, as well as our breakfast presentation is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Embassy Suites to attend a wedding, which was also held at the hotel. From the minute we came in, we were treated like royalty. Check-in was a breeze, and we elected to have a bellman take our luggage to our room on the 5th (top) floor. All rooms look onto a fabulous atrium that boasts falling waters and a really great fish pond. There are elevators at both ends so getting to your room is easy. Jenna and the other hosts happily answered all my questions about the facility and shopping in the surrounding area. Embassy has an airport shuttle bus that will take you to destinations of your choice within a few miles of the hotel in addition to airport pick up and drop off. The rooms are very nice 2 room suites, which have microwaves and small refrigerators. Our fridge wasn't working properly, so I placed a call to Jenna at the front desk and she dispatched a maint tech which came right away. The tech looked at the fridge, said "I can fix this", disappeared for a moment and returned with another fridge and swapped them out immediately. We had a good laugh at this. This is the level of customer service we received which was during Memorial Day weekend where the hotel was full. The complimentary breakfast was terrific, which included anything you could ask for AND an omelette making station as well. We ate at the restaurant our first night and the meals and service was excellent. The meal I had at the wedding reception was very good, served hot and by friendly staff. It is my opinion that the weeding weekend was a complete success. The facility and staff provided an high level of satisfaction for their guests, and delivered anything a reasonable guest would want. I would go out of my way to stay here if in the greater Pittsburgh area.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet and face center courtyard. Each floor has cold drink vending and ice machines. The...
1 Thank JazzmanShane
Erin H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for the time you took to post a review about your stay with us. We take pride in our service and it is good to hear that you were taken care of by our friendly front desk agent. I have shared your comments with the team. We hope to see you back in the future!

PENFIELD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had an awesome stay there. The waterfalls, tree's and fish in the center of the hotel was really cool. The breakfast in the morning was very nice. The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and polite. The soak in the hot tub was very relaxing as well. I actually wish I could have stayed another night. Business would not allow it however. Being that it was located so close to the airport was a bonus.

Room Tip: The kids will love the fish in the pond/water fall in the middle of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
Pittsburgh Airport Marriott
#4 of 12 in Coraopolis
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Airport Robinson Mall Area, PA

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - International Airport? Share your experiences!