“Nice clean large room but don't expect a shuttle past 12:30AM from the airport!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Coraopolis
New Philadelphia, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I called the day prior to our arrival to confirm the room and that a shuttle service would be provided from Pittsburgh Airport to Comfort Suites when our flight didn't land until 1A. The shuttle service is owned by the Marriott so the receptionist called them to check to see if shuttle service could be provided. I was called and assured that service would be held over for us and to call as soon as we landed so they could have the shuttle start for the airport. I did this but the night receptionist didn't know anything about the prior arrangement and evidently the night person at the Marriott didn't either. The shuttle had stopped at 12:30-12:45. I was given two phone numbers for cab service. The first one didn't run that late and after receiving a recorded message from Yellow Cab saying they don't keep cabs at the airport so they can have faster responses in the city, I felt stuck. I had my 82 year old mother and sister with me wanting to get the motel to sleep after a very long travel day from Arizona. When I looked out the doors at where you get baggage, I could not see any cabs. But later learned you had to go outside, past the building to see down the road where they were parked. After complaining about the Comfort Suite bragging about having shuttle service, they paid the cab fair to the motel, which was $15.75. That at least helped. It was a strenuous half hour from the time we landed to getting to the motel but we slept well in a nice clean room and that helped us start off the next day nicely. I was disappointed in taking the time to assure transportation arrangements and having that confirmed to a stressful time of finding out that wasn't true until it was finally accomplished. So if you are picking Comfort Suites for the shuttle service as an added perk, make sure you have service if it is after midnight! The only reason I didn't give a lower rating was because the facilities themselves were nice. It's pricey buy nice. We paid $128.59 for three people, 2 queen beds.

Room Tip: I was disappointed with the lack of shuttle service for late flights from the airport but the room w...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at the Comfort Suites on February, 6, 2014, utilizing the park, sleep and fly. From the time I made our reservation through our checkin and shuttle service to the airport, everything was done in a very professional and proficient manner. I have noticed some reviews mentioned that this hotel was difficult to find. That definitely was not our experience, easy to find but I will mention that the turn off of the highway came up on us quickly and did a complete U turn before we were ready to make our next turn to go to the hotel. Our checkin went very smoothly. The front counter staff explained everything to us in great detail regarding the hotel itself, the complimentary happy hour from Monday through Thursday that included keg beer and the procedures for the shuttle service, both going to and coming back from the airport. She was very information and friendly and even offered us a wakeup call. That doesn't always happen and at times the alarm clocks are difficult to figure out! Once we got into our room, as always the first thing we look for is cleanliness, including the room itself, the bathroom but most importantly, the linens on the bed. Everything was very clean and the linens were clean and crisp. I will add that the bed was very comfortable and they have a pillow selection that is great. The pillows are fluffy and vary in firmness. Very comfortable as well! Our room also included a microwave, refrigerator, tv and a seating area that included a sofa and tables. The bathroom was very clean as well including the linens in the bathroom. Clean and fresh scent. Our flight was leaving at 6:10 a.m. We got up at 3:30 with just enough time to get dressed, etc and get out to the lobby to catch the shuttle. We were just about to go out of our door to the lobby when the phone rang. It was the front counter. The shuttle driver was early and they wanted to let us know. When we got out to the front lobby, the front desk staff had all of our appropriate checkout paperwork waiting on the counter for our signature, along with a complimentary grab and go breakfast that included bottled water, an apple and a breakfast bar, all because we were leaving too early in the morning to be able to take advantage of their complimentary breakfast. Very thoughtful! The shuttle driver was very friendly and especially since it was very early in the morning. He loaded up our luggage and had one more stop to make. This shuttle is shared amongst other hotels in the area. He took us directly to the door for our flight provider and unloaded our luggage. When we returned from our trip, we called for the shuttle. It was about a 20 minute wait which wasn't that bad. The return shuttle we had to watch for was from the Marriott. Once, again, the shuttle driver was very friendly and professional and took us directly to our car at the Comfort Suites. I would highly recommend the Comfort Suites for you next visit to Pittsburgh Airport area. This hotel was as good as or even better than some of the other Pittsburgh Airport area hotels that we have stayed at in the past but this one was also very economical.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank captainschoice
Jamestown, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

The comfort Suites in Coraopolis, Pa offered very large clean rooms and a shuttle to and from the Pittsburgh airport. The staff was helpful and courteous. For a fee, you can park your car form up to two weeks. The only downside is that there was only one restaurant within walking distance, and driving to a restaurant during rush hour on a Friday is crazy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is a decent place, looks to be updated. Very friendly staff! I wasnt sure if they had a shuttle from the airport, called them when I arrived and the very nice lady that answered gave me excellent instructions. I also had forgotten my phone charger and she was able to supply me with one for the night.

The room itself was nice, flat screen tv, decent couch and made my stay a pleasant one. Next time I will definitely look to stay there as well and thats all you really want out of a hotel right? No worries, no hassles.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nycwbyfan
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was my second stay here for an early flight out of Pitt Airport. I have stayed at many of these airport options and they do tend to fill up early.

The reservationist was exceptionally helpful and friendly. A year from my first visit, though, the property definitely has deteriorated. It is a tricky place to find. Parking was fine. My room on the first floor was basically clean and comfortable. I found the front desk persons very pleasant. I left too early for breakfast. The shuttle was convenient and driver was friendly. I asked him about some complaints on here about guests being denied shuttle transport and he assured me he had never experienced or heard of that. He said there are occasions when guests are late for the scheduled shuttle and then are upset that they have to wait for the next scheduled rotation.

I would stay here again if the other better options in the area weren't available or were very much more expensive.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ANNIEPG
Erie, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were in town for a baseball game, and decided to stay at the Comfort Suites based on a fair rate and the fact we stayed at this facility in January. Our January visit was fine-clean room, friendly staff, and easy check in & check out.
Our visit last month was anything but. As we were getting into bed for the night after coming back from the game, I discovered something growing out of the carpet between the bed and wall. As you can see in the attached photos, it’s some sort of fungus or plant, with the stem similar to a dandelion. We did not move it, and left it as is. I then put a hand towel over it, and when i took off the towel in the morning, it had bloomed a "flower". It was approximately 2 inches in length, and obviously had been "growing" there for a few days which means the cleaning staff probably never saw it, and never vacuumed on that side of the bed. Had they vacuumed it would have been removed from the carpet. Knowing that the hotel was sold out (so we couldn't move to another room) I didn't bother mentioning this situation to the clerk at 1 am. However I did mention this to the female clerk upon checkout and she made a note to tell housekeeping, and gave me the business card of the manager.
An email reply from the manager indicated he checked the carpet for moisture with a digital moisture meter but the test showed the carpet was dry. Ok, but what's a logical explanation for this object sticking out of the carpet? He consulted with the housekeeper and her assistant. Apparently the housekeeper and her assistant assumed it could have been some type of soft plastic children's toy that you would throw on a wall or was soft enough to throw in a pool. The manager never did get to see the object as the housekeeper had thrown it away thinking it was broken. If it wasn't broken would she have kept it?
Having played with many toys over the years, I've never seen one stick in the carpet, have a stem like a plant, and bloom over night like a flower. Maybe I was mistaken, but this is definitely something that would keep me from using this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

A coworker insisted that we stay here to save some money, there was about a $20 difference between Comfort Suites and some of the other places in the area.
The parking lot is way too small. The front desk receptionist that greeted us was rude and was not very helpful. The room that I was in looked like it had been remodeled but they had cut every corner to save a buck. I really thought I had seen everything that people could do to cut a corner but the picture I have of the lamps is ridiculous. Instead of wiring in a lamp they simply cut a hole in the wall and ran the cord to the outlet. When I first saw the cord running behind the night stand and did not see an alarm clock I thought there was something going on, a hidden camera, the room next to me did not have enough outlets, but not that they mounted a lamp and cut a hole in the wall for it. There were glue marks on the wallpaper where pictures or mirror use to be. The carpet did not look very clean. There was an old dirty sweater left in the dresser that the TV was on. The bed was not very comfortable and I did not care for the half size pillows. It looked like whoever cleaned the shower only turned it on and sprayed bleach.
I thought for the amount of money that I paid per night that breakfast would be decent. It was your typical budget hotel breakfast, cereal, mini muffins, Belgium waffles, mystery eggs and bacon.

Room Tip: Don't be a cheap, go spend a few dollars more and stay somewhere nicer. But if you do stay try t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coraopolis
Pittsburgh Airport Marriott
#2 of 12 in Coraopolis
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Airport
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Airport
#2 of 7 in Moon Township

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!