“Nice hotel in remote mountain area”
Review of Millstream Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coudersport
Millstream Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Coudersport
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was quite pleasantly surprised to find a nice hotel in a rather out-of-the way place in the mountains of Pennsylvania. The room was clean and included breakfast (although not a good selection for me). The hotel staff was very helpful and even made me a pot of coffee. I asked about restaurants in the area and attractions and she was very helpful. Price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: Second Floor would be better as you could hear people walking in room above; however, if you have lo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GEKGlenRockPA

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was slightly dissapointed by this hotel. The front desk clerk seemed to be involved in something else when I checked in, she offered no information about the hotel or anything else that would have been helpful for my stay (this was my first visit to the area). When I specifically asked about certain things (like the hiking trails in the back of the hotel), she seemed like she couldn't be bothered with helping me. The room was clean, but it had no in room coffee - I thought that was standard for ALL hotels! The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean, so all things considered, it was decent I suppose.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank katrboyer
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night while on business in the area. My expectations were not very high but all I was looking for was a clean hotel. Yes the hotel was clean but based on the unprofessional experience with the staff you couldn't pay me to stay here again! The front desk clerk (guessing to be in her early 20's) had her male friend hanging out in the lobby who was there when I checked in as well as when my coworker and I left for dinner. After returning from dinner I received a call on my room phone from a guy and received a notification from my Facebook account that I had a friend request (from the same guy), who lived in Coudersport, PA. Because of the Facebook request photo I could see that this was the same guy hanging out in the lobby earlier. Being from 4 hours away and never having visted Coudersport before I was completely scared and uncomfortable with this guy trying to get in contact with me, especially knowing my full name and now room number at the hotel! I called my coworker to come to my room who calmed me down. The only possible scenario I can think of is that his friend working the desk that night gave him my information. Really!? This is how you run your hotel, by giving out peoples personal information??? Furious, my coworker and I had the front desk clerk (who assured us she didn't give out my information following with the statement that she would call her friend to tell him to stop calling my room (ridiculous!)) a new room with two double beds to share. In the morning we spoke with the manager and owner who bascially told us we were overreacting and told us he couldn't believe us because he received a different story from the desk clerk the night before. Then, to top it all off the manager stated "I don't see what the big deal is, random people facebook me all the time". This incident clearly wasn't random and I don't know if it is more disturbing that it happened or that the staff acted so nonchalantly about it. I do know one thing though, that eventually, for my job, I will have to travel to Coudersport again and I will drive as far as I have to to find a different hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
11  Thank Maureen115
scott B, Owner at Millstream Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

It is not the policy of the Millstream Inn to give out our guests room numbers or names. I'm sorry that our desk clerk acted so unprofessionally. When I spoke with the guest in the morning, I expressed my understanding of her concerns and I asked her what I could do to make it "right with her". I offered to comp the three rooms she and her friend used the prior night and she agreed that that was acceptable. It was my understanding that that would be fair compensation for her unsatisfactory stay.

Obviously there was nothing I could do to reverse what happened the prior night, other than to comp her entire stay. I had all the front desk employees reread the employees manual and I trust that this will not happen again. Once again, I personally apologize for the conduct of my employee and I wish you luck in finding a suitable hotel in Coudersport.

Scott Buchsen

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights for business, place is very clean. Had the king size bed which was comfortable. Heating system was great also. Bought my own breakfast stuff at the stop and shop because the free breakfast is horrible. Toaster waffles, and dry powered eggs, that is my only complaint. If the breakfast was better they would of gotten 5 stars. Not many places to eat in this one horse town. Will be returning at end of April for a week and also in October, but might get cabin with full kitchen so I can make my own meals.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank heaterguy100
Reviewed 6 November 2013

At first sight I knew that this place was what my wife and I needed in our first experience to Pa.
Check in was very pleasant and room was a great deal.The room was very clean and arranged to accommodate each and every need. The clerks went totally out of their way to make sure all was done to make sure we were comfortable. Although three days doesn't seem long stay I will surely miss our new friends.

Room Tip: Second floor is best
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 1HAPPYMAN40
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The price of this motel was a GREAT value. The first thing I noticed was that the hotel was very, very clean. It looks as though it might have been recently remodeled. The problem I had, was that I booked too late and the room selection was limited. My room was at the very front of the hotel, directly off of the highway. Next time I will book ahead, and get one of the rooms in the back of the hotel that backed up to a serene wooded area. The temperature control in the room was spot on, but a the fan had a rattle to it, that I heard all night. The room was a nice size with a frdge and microwave, but the bed was a little low to the ground for my liking. I have a muscle condition, so baths are sometimes very important to me. The batroom was rather small, which means that the toilet was very, very close to the tub while you are soaking. In addition, the tub is shaped a little strange and that made it a bit of a tight squeeze. If you don't need a tub, the bathroom would be very adequate. The hotel offers a full breakfast in the morning, it was not great ( really disliked the eggs), but again, for the price, there was enough of a selection that I was able to have a light breakfast. The service upon arrival and check out was polite & helpful. The bottom line is, for the price, this hotel provided a clean, comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank lorriv20
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My wife & I stayed here during a recent weekend trip through the Allegheny Forest. We were torn between a couple of chain hotels or Millstream. Glad we decided here. Aways like to help the locals if possible. Check in / check out very quick. Coffee/tea & soft cookies in the lobby.
Large clean room with ref/microwave. A flat screen tv with plenty of channels. Soft towels and one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on. Looks like motel was recently remodeled.
Only thing that we had inital concerns about were when we arrived around 8:45 PM were that there were around 5-7 kids in the breakfast area being REALLY LOUD and carrying on. And our room wasn't far from the lobby. As another reviewer had said, you can hear people outside your door. However, I don' t know if anyone was next to us or not, but after 9-10 PM we didn't hear a sound. Also I agree, they could use a nightstand with a lamp next to your bed. They only have one on a pole which you have to get up to turn off. They offer wi-fi & a more than sufficient breakfast with computer service in the breakfast area. Also one of the best in-room heating/cooling systems. All in all a most pleasent stay. Would I stay here again...Most definitly!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BoyertownMusik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coudersport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wellsville
Rough Cut Lodge
Rough Cut Lodge
#1 of 1 in Gaines
Oz's Homestay Bed and Breakfast

Been to Millstream Inn? Share your experiences!