“Local, quaint motel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coudersport
Sweden Valley Hotel & Cabins
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Coudersport
Maryland
“Local, quaint motel”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend visit to the Pennsylvania wilds and to visit local state parks and forests. This motel is in a perfect location to do this and is great for the price. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. This is not a luxurious hotel but i believe the accommodations are perfect for visitors who come to the area to visit the outdoors. We appreciates how close the hotel was to restaurants as well as about six state parks. The motel could be updated but we had a pleasent experience!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rasheda V
svcsvc, Owner at Sweden Valley Hotel & Cabins, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation. Cindy, our new manager is very pleasant and is a joy to work with.

Our location, close to Cherry Springs, the Pa Grand Canyon, State Parks and the Pa Elk Herd are some of the reasons we purchased the hotel and cabins.

It is particularly good to know our budget rates provided you with a good value.

Please try and visit us again in the spring or summer next year here in Potter County. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
HOPE MILLS,NC
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stayed here last July 2012. The hotel is old but very clean, Made reservations early this year for this July. Called to reconfirm reservation, left a message...no return call...called next day and was told I would get a call back in 10 minutes... no call...called back and was told by the desk clerk our room "might" have been given away to workers that were coming into the area. The new owner was trying to work something out and would get back to me. Never got the call! I would of arrived with no room available.

Room Tip: Don't book here. You may not have a room!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank MASHERER
svcsvc, Owner at Sweden Valley Hotel & Cabins, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
I would like to apologize for any problems you had in confirming your reservation. We have owned this hotel since 2007 and have recently hired a new manager and Mandy has just begun learning our reservation system. Your reservation was not given away & I do apologize that we did not personally speak with you in a timely manner. When my wife spoke to you, you had already made another reservation at another excellent nearby hotel. This certainly does not excuse the fact that you were not contacted regarding your reservation. We have built a strong reputation for our customer service, cleanliness, friendly staff and overall goodwill towards our guests. I take this matter very seriously and personally. I assure you I will do everything in my power so this does not happen again. All of our guests comments our extremely important to us and are communicated to our manager and staff

Thank you very much for the positive comment regarding our cleanliness. As one of the original Coudersport Hotels, we strive to offer our guests very clean rooms and value for their hard earned dollars. Clean rooms & cabins are what we have built our reputation on.
leicester
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

We didn't stay here but couldn't find anything on TA just for the diner. We ate at the diner which isn't posh but is really great. The food was really good but what made it for us was the welcome and service. The staff really should give lessons to others in the industry, they were absolutely brilliant, fab welcome and very helpful getting us leaflets/maps and showing us good places to visit. If your in this area I would really recommend eating there. I don't know what the accomodating. Is like-we stayed nearby at a fantastic B & B called Frosty Hollow which I would highly re omens if you like peace, quiet and an outstanding breakfast

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank kercol1
Stockholm NJ
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I try to get to Cherry Springs state park in PA. a few times a year to do some stargazing under the beautiful clear sky. As dawn breaks after a long night of enjoying the stars I head 15 minutes down the road to The Sweden Valley Hotel to get some sleep in a nice warm bed, as opposed to the cold hard ground of a tent at the park. This is a great place,,rustic setting and quiet, and right next to a great place to eat,,The Sweden Valley inn. The room is always comfy and clean and the folks are very nice. You can spend a lot more elsewhere , but for $55/night with a microwave and a small fridge what else do you need ?

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Greg T
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

I was initially surprised when we went to our cabins, because they were not what I expected after reading the other reviews and the Washington Post article. The cabins are rustic and very basic... However... They were extremely well stocked with towels, shampoo, soap, coffe and tea. The owner, Kate, was extremely gracious and helpful in helping us to get oriented to the area, and the price is right. We were doing tours of northern PA state parks - so "rustic" fell right in line with that. The setting is beautiful and restful. I would stay there with my family again - it is not my usual taste, but I would stay there again in returning to the area - which we plan to do.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Jill S
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 15 October 2010

My hubby and I spent a week in this beautiful place. The location is just great and I guess this was one of the rare ones if not only vacation I had where I really rested.
I loved the nature and it was perfect for hiking or anything you like doing outdoors.
There is a great restaurant next door and we had some great meals there. We both love to eat so this was one of the features we loved ;)
When we didn't feel like going out, we stayed in and made some quick food. It was easy since we even had a kitchen!
The prices were totaly OK and I loved everything about this place.
The best thing - it is a pet friendly place! Next time I am bringing my puppy with me :)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Pit620
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coudersport
Rough Cut Lodge
Rough Cut Lodge
#1 of 1 in Gaines
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wellsville
Oz's Homestay Bed and Breakfast

Been to Sweden Valley Hotel & Cabins? Share your experiences!