“Working In PA!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coudersport
Sweden Valley Hotel & Cabins
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Coudersport
Lagrange, Wyoming
“Working In PA!!!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My review is a little late!! My company worked in the great town of Coudersport PA from June 2013 till around October 2013. Kate & Chris were TERRIFIC at the Sweden Valley Hotel & Cabins. I had around 30+ crew members coming into town looking for places to stay. They were so helpful! Not only did they have great cabins for employees but they also had a beautiful "Crew" house that a couple of my guys stayed in as well. No matter when I had employees coming to work they did their best to have something available. Considering I have traveled all over I will say this, Sweden Valley was one of the top most pleasant experiences I have had. They did everything to try and accommodate our needs. Coudersport is equally as beautiful and I enjoyed working and meeting everyone there!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank C D
svcsvc, Owner at Sweden Valley Hotel & Cabins, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review. Your group was a great bunch of guys and we enjoyed hosting them for their short term stay here in Coudersport. They are always welcome back. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My stay started off great because the dates were both Fall Foliage and weather dependent for a photography trip during Rutting Season. The owners penciled me in until the final dates were chosen based on the critical criteria. Then, my dates had to be start a day later, and again they were very understanding and accommodating. They even kept an eye on the changing colors - reporting the progress. I moved the trip up by a full week based on the info they gave me (it worked out perfectly.)

The cabin I was assigned was neat and clean. The microwave and refrigerator worked beautifully for my needs (lots of back-roading for hours every day means I have to prepare lunches to take along.)

The location of the cabins was great - easy proximity to Hwys 6, 44/144, 872, 120 & 555, and most of the vistas, overlooks, and the State Parks. The city of Coudersport has a good variety of restaurants, gas stations, and some produce stores. My itinerary included several trips to Benezette for photographing the Elk herds. It was the farthest distance, taking only 1-1/2 hours (which is a normal drive-time for any destination in the PA Wilds.)

On site management is terrific (as were the owners). Cindy went out of her way to show interest in my plans and experiences, and to assist me with a couple of problems unrelated to the Cabins.

Would I stay here again? In a heart beat!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
svcsvc, Owner at Sweden Valley Hotel & Cabins, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you so much Kathy. Our new manager Cindy is a gem. We try to do whatever we can to assist our guests for their special needs. We hope you got some excellent pictures of the changing leaves, elk and the Pa Grand Canyon. Please feel free to share them with us we would love to see them. I hope you had the chance to grab a bite to eat at the adjacent Sweden Valley Inn, Amber makes excellent food..
Maryland
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend visit to the Pennsylvania wilds and to visit local state parks and forests. This motel is in a perfect location to do this and is great for the price. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. This is not a luxurious hotel but i believe the accommodations are perfect for visitors who come to the area to visit the outdoors. We appreciates how close the hotel was to restaurants as well as about six state parks. The motel could be updated but we had a pleasent experience!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rasheda V
svcsvc, Owner at Sweden Valley Hotel & Cabins, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation. Cindy, our new manager is very pleasant and is a joy to work with.

Our location, close to Cherry Springs, the Pa Grand Canyon, State Parks and the Pa Elk Herd are some of the reasons we purchased the hotel and cabins.

It is particularly good to know our budget rates provided you with a good value.

Please try and visit us again in the spring or summer next year here in Potter County. Thank you again.
HOPE MILLS,NC
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stayed here last July 2012. The hotel is old but very clean, Made reservations early this year for this July. Called to reconfirm reservation, left a message...no return call...called next day and was told I would get a call back in 10 minutes... no call...called back and was told by the desk clerk our room "might" have been given away to workers that were coming into the area. The new owner was trying to work something out and would get back to me. Never got the call! I would of arrived with no room available.

Room Tip: Don't book here. You may not have a room!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank MASHERER
svcsvc, Owner at Sweden Valley Hotel & Cabins, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
I would like to apologize for any problems you had in confirming your reservation. We have owned this hotel since 2007 and have recently hired a new manager and Mandy has just begun learning our reservation system. Your reservation was not given away & I do apologize that we did not personally speak with you in a timely manner. When my wife spoke to you, you had already made another reservation at another excellent nearby hotel. This certainly does not excuse the fact that you were not contacted regarding your reservation. We have built a strong reputation for our customer service, cleanliness, friendly staff and overall goodwill towards our guests. I take this matter very seriously and personally. I assure you I will do everything in my power so this does not happen again. All of our guests comments our extremely important to us and are communicated to our manager and staff

Thank you very much for the positive comment regarding our cleanliness. As one of the original Coudersport Hotels, we strive to offer our guests very clean rooms and value for their hard earned dollars. Clean rooms & cabins are what we have built our reputation on.
leicester
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

We didn't stay here but couldn't find anything on TA just for the diner. We ate at the diner which isn't posh but is really great. The food was really good but what made it for us was the welcome and service. The staff really should give lessons to others in the industry, they were absolutely brilliant, fab welcome and very helpful getting us leaflets/maps and showing us good places to visit. If your in this area I would really recommend eating there. I don't know what the accomodating. Is like-we stayed nearby at a fantastic B & B called Frosty Hollow which I would highly re omens if you like peace, quiet and an outstanding breakfast

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank kercol1
Stockholm NJ
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I try to get to Cherry Springs state park in PA. a few times a year to do some stargazing under the beautiful clear sky. As dawn breaks after a long night of enjoying the stars I head 15 minutes down the road to The Sweden Valley Hotel to get some sleep in a nice warm bed, as opposed to the cold hard ground of a tent at the park. This is a great place,,rustic setting and quiet, and right next to a great place to eat,,The Sweden Valley inn. The room is always comfy and clean and the folks are very nice. You can spend a lot more elsewhere , but for $55/night with a microwave and a small fridge what else do you need ?

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Greg T
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

I was initially surprised when we went to our cabins, because they were not what I expected after reading the other reviews and the Washington Post article. The cabins are rustic and very basic... However... They were extremely well stocked with towels, shampoo, soap, coffe and tea. The owner, Kate, was extremely gracious and helpful in helping us to get oriented to the area, and the price is right. We were doing tours of northern PA state parks - so "rustic" fell right in line with that. The setting is beautiful and restful. I would stay there with my family again - it is not my usual taste, but I would stay there again in returning to the area - which we plan to do.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Jill S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coudersport
Rough Cut Lodge
Rough Cut Lodge
#1 of 1 in Gaines
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wellsville
Oz's Homestay Bed and Breakfast

Been to Sweden Valley Hotel & Cabins? Share your experiences!