“Didn't tell us about the pet fee until we got there in the middle of a blizzard.”

Residence Inn Pittsburgh Cranberry Township
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We realized that we wouldn't be able to get to Philadelphia because of the weather, so we called ahead to the pet-friendly hotels in Pittsburgh. The woman booked us a room, and I made sure they were pet-friendly because we were traveling with our cat. She didn't tell us anything about a pet fee. We arrive, somewhat late because of the snow, and the man on duty told us it would be an extra $70 non-refundable for the night. I told him that the woman said nothing about a pet-fee on the phone, and he stood there to argue with me about it! "I know the person who made this and she would DEFINITELY have told you about the fee." No sir, she did not, and there are far more hotels in the area that we could stay at for cheaper and don't require a pet fee. We left immediately and I will NEVER stay somewhere like that again. Tip #1Don't lie to a customer. Tip #2 Don't argue with a customer. From someone who worked hospitality for 7 years this place was all around bad service.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mechelle S
MGRRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Pittsburgh Cranberry Township, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
We want to apologize for the most unfortunate way you were treated at our hotel. You are correct that you should have been told about the pet fee as that is our policy to do so. I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am that you were argued with. Again, that is not our policy. Our goal is that every guest has a "Great Residence Inn Experience" from check-in to check-out. I have used this response as a learning tool with the front desk staff so that it never happens again. It was unfortunate that you had to be traveling in that weather and then not to be treated graciously is unacceptable. If you are travelling this way again, I hope you will give us another chance to show you what customer service is really about here.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Our family stayed here in early october 2013 when we moved to Pittsburgh (while we are looking for an apartment). We stayed more than a week (9 days), and I could say the hotel is excellent. They cleaned our room everyday without anything I could complaint. The room was spacious dan cozy with the fire place. All equipment was functional, with great amenities.
Other great things was free breakfast and a light dinner (sometimes burger or pasta), which is very nice.
The warm indoor pool was excellent (with a sauna and spa bath), since we arrived when the temperature is already cold in Pittsburgh. It was a great activity for me and my son, rather than only sitting and watching tv.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about our hotel. We really appreciate the great comments. We are always happy to hear when we were able to make a stressful time in your life a little easier. I was also glad to hear you enjoyed the pool. Not only does it give you something to do, it helps our little ones use up a little energy!!!
Please visit us if you are travelling in this area in the future.
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have stayed here before and love the suites, hot tub, pool, and breakfast. Front desk is very welcoming and made us feel right at home. The only thing that I should have requested was a room NOT on the first floor. I was unaware of how loud it would be on the first floor, I really gave it no thought. I was awakened by the elevator several times, people coming in and slamming doors and yelling down the halls to each other at 2 a.m. I was a rough nights sleep to say the least. I hate to say that, I do like this hotel, but not the first floor.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor. It's just too noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank GImomma
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay here at our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed all of our ammenities. I am sorry though that you did not get the best night sleep due to the noise. Unfortunately, the first floor can get noisy with people coming in and out. In the future make sure you request a higher floor when you make your reservation and then again at check-in. We will be more than happy to make sure you get a quieter room! We do appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us in the future.