This is the first Fairfield Inn we've been to, so perhaps my expectations were higher than they should have been for this type of Marriott property. But for the money - $125 per night - it absolutely wasn't any better than a less expensive hotel (such as Comfort Inn, etc). Kid at the desk was very nice, but needed more training when it came to knowing the area, etc. Didn't even know where to recommend for dinner, but thankfully the manager was there to make suggestions and also where we could get discounts with our room key (more on that later).
Rooms, and especially the bathrooms are small. Bedding was just so-so. No fan on the heat/AC unit for air circulation/white noise. We did request a quiet room, and did get that (other than the elephant in the room above us who kept clomping around). Flat screen TV, good internet speed, clean room, but nothing to rave about.
Breakfast buffet pretty standard and OK.
Now about the restaurant discount. We were told by the hotel manager that we'd get a "free appetizer" at Houlihan's (which by the way is definitely worth the stop). Mentioned this to our server and his startled response was, "Well I've never heard of that one, but sure." A few minutes later the asst. manager came over, as baffled by what we told him as the server. They were most gracious, however, and wanted to know where we were staying so they could work this out. They did bring us a fabulous comped appetizer (stuffed mushrooms), but think they thought we were the old geezers trying to scam them!
Anyway, back to the hotel. Would I stay there again - probably not, but because 2 other chain hotels in that same area where we've stayed numerous times had gone down hill so badly we felt we needed to try another brand. Just felt for the $ it was only average and pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn hotel in Cranberry Township, PA near Cranberry Highlands Golf Course gives you more for your hard-earned money. Our convenient location off Interstates 76 and 79 puts us near a variety of attractions in the Pittsburgh area, including: - UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex - Heinz Park - PNC Park - Consol Energy Center - Rivers Casino Our pet-friendly Cranberry Township hotel offers so much value you'll feel like you've found a bargain, with amenities like our Value Qs, a meeting room that can hold up to 10 people, guest laundry services and: - Free full breakfast - Free WiFi - Seasonal outdoor pool - Business center - Exercise room Guest room amenities include a 32-inch flat-screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer and coffee maker. Get your money's worth at the Quality Inn. Cranberry Township hotels like ours help you relax and focus on the people and experiences you came for. Book now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn Cranberry Township reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Pittsburgh Cranberry Township Hotel Cranberry Township
- Fairfield Inn Cranberry Township
- Fairfield Cranberry Township
- Cranberry Township Fairfield Inn