“Under Construction Be Warned”

Quality Inn Cranberry Township
Toronto, Canada
“Under Construction Be Warned”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a nice little place, really nice staff, comfortable beds, and a good breakfast and for the dollar really good value.

However... it is currently undergoing a very extensive external renovation. I mean really extensive, basically everything outside of your room and the little dinning area is unfinished and messy. There is an ongoing throng of banging, hammering, workmen communicating, dust, debris and the sound of heavy machinery all day long. From about 7:00am until dark it is a construction site, and you will be walking over boards, torn tar paper and loads of dust and styrofoam bits which cling to everything. I am sure it was a very nice place before the construction began, and I am sure it will be even better when it's done but had I and my three guests known what we do now, we never would have booked. Imagine our surprise when we pulled up and saw the large Fairfield sign sitting on the grass and all the light fixtures hanging on wires along the hallways. Holes and paper bits all along the hall ceiling. It really should not be operating. It looks like a huge insurance liability to me.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Flourtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Cranberry Township is conveniently located north of Pittsburgh with all the shopping and dining. Fairfield Inn is conveniently located in the heart of all the action. There is no walking to the various spots, but a short drive. We stayed one night and it was quiet. The bed and pillows were comfortable with plenty of choice for the firmness of the pillows. Our bathroom was odd because the sink faced away from the mirror and it was tiny. There is only one elevator, so you expect to wait when coming and going. Parking was ample. Breakfast was free and edible.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Vaughan, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is exactly what it is a 2 star hotel. Staff were accommodating and pleasant. The cleanliness is acceptable. Behind the dresser between the beds is very dirty. The free breakfast in the morning is a nice touch. While not perfect it is free. We stayed on the second floor and I swear the people above us had 3 kids running a marathon. Not the hotels fault but if you're a light sleeper you might want to ask for a 3rd floor room. Overall a pretty good deal for $110. 20 minutes from Consol Energy Centre and Heinz Field. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: if you're a light sleeper you might want to ask for a 3rd floor room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I stay in Cranberry often and would be counted as a regular. I rarely write reviews but was reading some I just had to say something. Number 1 this is the original style Fairfield. Rooms are smaller and the 1-2 floors open to he outside - cannot change that. So all the reviews about the size of bathrooms or rooms are something the staff or owners cannot change. Anyone who travels on business is aware, but the rooms are always clean, I have 24 stays this year here and over 150 altogether and keep coming back. Yes some other hotels are newer and larger. But for anyone who stays in Cranberry it is not cheap! This is the best deal in town, (I will not stay at budget chains) I see complaints about 125.00, go price the other chains , Courtyard, Hampton, Hilton Garden are a lot more. By the way- I have stayed at all of them. The staff is great which is typical of most Marriot properties.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Marriott at a super discount. Friendliest staff ever. Clean bright and cheery. Room good size. Free buffet breakfast, not just muffins. Less than half hour from PNC field. EZ to get to and worth the $$$.. Welcome snacks on arrival and there's a fridge micro in the room. Ask for 3rd floor to be inside hotel.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stu B
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stopped here for one night with my mom, husband and two young kids. My mom was in one room, and the rest of us were in the next room over. My mom had issues with the wifi not working, a bug in her room and some empty shampoo bottles left on the floor. My main issue was the noise. We were on the first floor. The person above us sounded like stomping elephants until after midnight. Then at 6am we were awoken again to the sound of stomping. Also, the pillows are terrible... we should have brought our own. This stop was an attempt to get a good night of sleep in the middle of a long drive, so it didn't help much with that. Oh, and when we first got there, the room was set to a freezing 60 degrees.

The one thing I was pleased with was that my son left his beloved stuffed animal in the room, and they were able to find it and ship it home to us. I'm very grateful for that.

Room Tip: Go on an upper floor where you won't have people stomping above you.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed there one night. Courteous staff. Very quiet, clean, adequate size room leading directly to the outside parking area. Nice pool. Breakfast was very nice and a relative stayed at the more expensive Marriott up the road for a lot more money but no breakfast. Very nice for a short stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo