“Clean, friendly and convenient”

Quality Inn Cranberry Township
Ontario
“Clean, friendly and convenient”
Reviewed 2 August 2008

We'd stayed at a Fairfield Inn at Albany last year and liked it. This one was just as good and I also chose it for the fact that it's just off the highway exit.

The hotel seems to be an older building but kept in very good shape. There were cookies at the reception and free coffee/tea in the lobby. All were welcomed after a 5-hour drive.

Our room was on the first floor, just opposite the pool. There were people using the pool but the noise didn't get into our room. Room was clean. The washing basin was in the room, outside
of the bathroom where the toilet & shower were. I preferred that as it's more convenient with four of us traveling together.

There was a mall across the street from the hotel with a Giant Eagle supermarket. So rather than eating more fast-food, we just grabbed something there. But there was a Wendy's in that mall and though I didn't pay attention, I am pretty sure there was a pizza place within walking distance from the hotel too.

The hotel offered complimentary breakfast with all the standard offerings. What made it different was the lady who managed the dining room that Sunday morning. She was friendly and stood there the whole time, keeping an eye and refilling everything quickly.

All in all, it was a good experience except for the grass spider that was in the bathroom and gave my mother a fright when she walked in on it at 4 in the morning. No harm done for mom but the spider wasn't so lucky!

p.s. this hotel is only 30 minutes from the Grove City Outlet and can be a viable option if you are looking for a place to stay after a long day shopping.

• Liked — The staff were professional and friendly and the free, hot coffee/tea in the lobby
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gamespeed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Perrysburg, Ohio
Reviewed 25 February 2008

Stopped at this Fairfield Inn while traveling during a snowstorm and was very pleased with both the room and the friendly service at the reception desk. This hotel is very well maintained and my room was immaculate. As an FYI, this is a 100% non-smoking facility, so be prepared to go outside if you want to smoke.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank osumom311
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 February 2008

Just stayed here 2/15. We live in the area, but just wanted a Valentine's weekend getaway thing. And as Marriott Rewards members, we chose the Fairfield. And we loved every minute of it!
It is one of the original 1990-ish Fairfields, with 3 floors-the 1st and 2nd have outside entrances, and the 3rd inside(this makes the 3rd floor rooms slightly smaller, but for my wife and I it was not a problem)
The rooms were amazing- the wonderful quilted bedding, crisp, VERY clean sheets, and toasty down comforter, Coffee maker, iron/board, hair dryer, and a 25 or 27 inch tv with FULL cable. I also requested a refrig, and got one- plus a microwave. They also honored my request for a room on top floor(no stomping above), and away from the elevator, and ice machine(no noisy equipment). The room apparently was recently renovated-everything was new and clean, not even any mildew in the bathroom. Nice curved shower curtain, and massage shower head.
The breakfast was awesome!! Don't quite know what the previous reviewer was un-impressed about. It was WAY more than continental. All the usual fixings-plus- microwave breakfast sandwiches(TASTY), hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and waffle iron
The hotel has an outdoor pool that was obviously closed. No whirlpool or fitness room though. Again, no big deal for us.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing at all
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jmat
Atlanta
Reviewed 4 February 2008

I was travelling with my husband on business, and he had stayed at this hotel in the past and found it adequate, so we booked there again.

Although we arrived in the early afternoon, the hotel allowed us to check in early, and our room was clean and ready. Actually the room was pretty much spotless.

They had coffee and fresh baked cookies in the lobby too, as well as coffee maker in the room.

Our beds were very comfortable, and there was an assortment
of pillows on each bed, so you could have the firmess you are used to at home. Also, the beds are made with the comfortor between two sheets so you don't have to touch a bedspread that has been soiled by previous guests.

The hotel is all "non-smoking", which I found to be wonderful since I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke. In most hotels, even if you book a non-smoking room, the room still smells like smoke (probably due to the fact that the vacuum cleaners in other hotels are used for both smoking and non-smoking rooms, and the exhaust from the vacuum spews out smoke residue all over the non-smoking rooms). When I walked into the room, I breathed in the fresh air.

The continental breakfast was adequate, but nothing remarkable. The dining room was clean and well maintained.

Probably the only negative I would give is that there was no
fitness room, which my husband and would have like use if one had been there.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — no fitness room
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JaneD03
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2006

My mom and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn for a weekend getaway to a spa in Cranberry Township. I had heard some good things about this hotel, so I thought I'd give it a try. Check-in went well.. the front desk staff was friendly. When we went up to our room, it was a complete mess. The beds weren't made, there was trash all over the floor, used tissues and q-tips all over the sink. It was disgusting. When we went back to the front desk to see what was going on, they didn't believe us! They gave us such a hard time for a few minutes and finally had somebody go up and check the problem. Once they found out the room wasn't cleaned, they apologized and quickly gave us another room, plus 10 dollars off our room. The discount never happened, though, and when I called about it, they had no idea what I was talking about.
Other than that fiasco, the Fairfield is an average hotel. I wouldn't stay there again, though.

• Stayed March 2006
5 Thank wildangel58
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 March 2005

We stayed here in November 2004, having moved from the horrible Red Roof Inn down the street. They were just completing a renovation and the hotel was very nice, staff helpful, rooms were clean, breakfast crowded but good. A very good value.

• Stayed November 2004