All reviews outdoor pool room was clean direct tv waffles waffle maker would stay here again complimentary breakfast shopping and restaurants business center breakfast area pa turnpike pittsburgh area off the highway easy access exercise room lobby annette
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The name Marriott...even Fairfield....implies a certain level of quality Hotel. This Fairfield is a renovated Motel. It looks nice....but even a renovated motel, still looks...and even smells...like a Motel 8. The staff however were Marriott quality. They did refund us when we left shortly after checking in since we didn't feel all that safe having an outside door. (And like Motel 8....they did keep the light on for us)

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MDWil
Reviewed 30 March 2014

After reading many of the reviews I was nervous to stay here but I was very happy with my overnight stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was under construction but most of the work has been completed. The breakfast buffet was very good and I enjoyed the 24 hour complimentary coffee and chocolate chip cookies. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor in case there was noise from the remaining construction. I heard nothing. Really liked that no one could get on the elevator without a room key.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2014

A bit concerned when we pulled up... Construction outside, and outdoor entrances. But once we entered the lobby, I got excited..

Older building that has just undergone serious renovation. Designer lobby is small, but so efficient. Small snack/sundrie shop, oversized monitors in business center, state of the art workout center (tv on every piece of equipment - but you'll need headphones), and a stunning breakfast room. Warm cookies and small sub sandwiches served in breakfast room. on arrival.

Comfortable beds, new carpet and linens, lemon-scented toiletries, and very quiet surroundings. Nice sized tv, attractive linens and furniture.

Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014
Madori R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Cranberry Township, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for your response and we greatly appreciate your feedback. Im happy to hear that you liked our recent renovations!

In your response you said that you needed headphones while using the fitness equipment., if you should happen to stay with us again in the future, we do have headphones available at the front desk upon request.

Thank you for your time.
We hope to see you again during your travels!

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

In the 5 years I have been traveling and been part of the Marriott platinum elite status, I have never ever encountered a problem like I encountered at this hotel. Unprofessional and a lack of knowledge doesn't even begin to describe the "manager" that told me I "got bumped" because reservations change throughout the day. When you are a platinum elite member, marriott often has rooms on reserve to accommodate. Not only did I have a reservation for WEEKS, but I even called the day before to request a certain room type and was told that will be fine. I asked numerous times how this could even happen. The girl just kept repeating the same thing over and over AND had another employee had the audacity to check in another guest as I stood there!!!! Are you kidding?!?! I promptly called the platinum service desk and they were mortified that not only was I bumped at my status but that they checked someone in after turning me away. They offered to put me in another hotel which is all fine and dandy, but it does not solve the problem of why I was bumped in the first place. And by 5pm, no call to inform me. After 2 days of nonstop travel with another 3 ahead of me, when I get to my hotel I want to unwind and relax. Not the case here. I did however go to the Marriott Pittsburgh North and was treated with respect and superb customer service. I will never book at this Fairfield ever again. They should be ashamed to be part of the Marriott family....

• Stayed: March 2014
Madori R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Cranberry Township, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

We apologize that your time at our property was unsatisfactory; our goal is to provide excellent service to all of our guests, especially all of our loyal elite members. We hope that this experience will not change the trust you have in Marriott and we hope that you may stay a loyal Platinum Elite Member. Although this will not negate the experience you had with us, I wish to offer you compensation for your inconvenience. Again I do apologize and wish you well on your future travels.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I travel to Pittsburgh every other week. This was by far the best value hotel in the city. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. Hotel has been under renovation for a couple of months. Its 90% done and is worth the discounted price I paid. Ad no parking fee and a free breakfast and its a good deal. Don't get me wrong its not a regular Marriot but a midrange hotel.

Room Tip: Third floor is best.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple