All reviews outdoor pool room was clean direct tv waffles waffle maker would stay here again complimentary breakfast shopping and restaurants business center breakfast area pa turnpike pittsburgh area off the highway easy access exercise room lobby annette
Reviewed 20 May 2014

There were some good aspects for this motel, but the one bad thing, to me, over-shadowed the good: Upon entering the room, it seemed stuffy, so my companion turned the fan speed to a higher setting. However, no more airflow seemed to be forthcoming. So, she pulled the air filters & they were absolutely filthy. Since they were "permanent" she rinsed them off, dried them with a towel & re-inserted them.

Otherwise, it was fine for a night-- a rather small room, but it had a nice refrigerator/freezer, a small microwave, an HD-TV, hi-speed internet capable of reading e-mail or stagnant sites (for streaming video, paying to upgrade to a higher-speed would be necessary. There was also a nice free breakfast. The building was conveniently located off I-79 & the PA turnpike, had ample parking, had a pool (not yet open) & was convenient to a large shopping plaza.

The bed was comfortable enough, the bathroom had everything in it, so it would have been better to have the sink outside of the enclosed area. And even though it was close to the highways, it seemed quiet enough.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Madori R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Cranberry Township, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

I am sorry to hear that you had some maintenance issues that made your stay less than satisfying for you. When you walk into a guest room you should be able to relax and enjoy the space that you’re in, most definitely not have to pull apart an HVAC unit in order to have a good night’s rest. I am glad to know that besides that issue you seemed to enjoy some of the amenities that we have to offer, and I sincerely apologize that this was not resolved before the end of your stay. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future, and hope that any stay with a Marriott is an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Our room was clean, spacious enough for one night, they gave us a cot (first come, first serve) free of charge. 24 hour coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cookies. Breakfast in the AM was really good for hotel fare. Waffles, eggs, sausages, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, pastries. Really couldn't ask for more. Our room was on the third floor facing the highway but we heard no noise. Black out curtains that actually work in every room - yay! The shower had the BEST water pressure we have ever experienced. I had 2 showers within 12 hours LOL. Very kind staff, beautiful renovations to the lobby. Fitness centre wasn't used by us but did have free weights as well (instead of just cardio machines like many hotels) which is a huge plus and if it had been a workout day we certainly would have partaken. We were all very happy with our stay and the price was a true bargain, in my opinion. Right off the highway with tons of food/stores/gas/etc. right there. We will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: I liked the third floor due to the inside/elevator access vs. the more "motel like" first and second floors with outside doors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for you review we appreciate your feedback and will continue to bring experiences like yours to other guests, I'm glad your stay was enjoyable, ploease feel free to visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was a lovely hotel. We were having an overnight in Pittsburgh and wanted to stay at a hotel right off the highway so this was perfect. Cranberry Township is about a 20 minute drive away from Pittsburgh so the commute isn't painful. The hotel was clean, offered free parking, free WiFi and free breakfast too. There is also a "Connect & Print" station that allows you to print up boarding passes, attraction tickets, etc. for free. There is alot of shopping by the hotel (even within walking distance) which is great if you want to shop but a little slow from a traffic perspective. The bed wasn't overly comfortable but for one or two nights, it's not that bad. Another nice touch is that they have a candy bowl in the lobby :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to rate and write a response regarding our hotel. I am glad to hear that your stay was to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed the local area. I hope that you visit the area again with us soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for about a week and I really liked this place. The room was very clean and well managed. The hotel staff was great and very helpful. Only thing that I did not like at this hotel was the breakfast. They served same breakfast every day....same menu. I talked to the front desk person and he told me the breakfast menu is decided by the hotel management and he can not do anything. I do not understand why the hotel management do not change the breakfast menu. It is so boaring eat the same breakfast everyday....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The name Marriott...even Fairfield....implies a certain level of quality Hotel. This Fairfield is a renovated Motel. It looks nice....but even a renovated motel, still looks...and even smells...like a Motel 8. The staff however were Marriott quality. They did refund us when we left shortly after checking in since we didn't feel all that safe having an outside door. (And like Motel 8....they did keep the light on for us)

• Stayed: April 2014