“Good place, but...”

Hyatt Place Cranberry
“Good place, but...”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed here on our way back from vacation as it was a good break up point in our roadtrip. I picked the place based on reviews on here and plus with the fact the price was great. When I went to book on-line, I said I wanted a AAA rate. Well, the website gave me two different prices. It sounded like they were both the same stuff, but I wanted to make sure about the free breakfast, so I e-mail Hyatt customer service. The reponse I got back did not clear anything up at all. Very poorly reponse. So, I ended up calling the hotel and the woman didn't know really why they had the two different rates, but told me that they both contain breakfast and I might as well choose the cheaper rate.

When we got there, customer service was great, the place was cleaned and the room looked awesome. It was very roomy and the kids loved it as they had space to run around. I found out later that we were in a handicap accessible room, so I don't know if all the rooms are as roomy as the one was had.

The beds we not the most comfortable beds. I slept fine, but my wife did not. I'm hoping that it's a one time thing because I really liked the hotel.

The breakfast food looked great and was more of a grab and go type of breakfast. However, two of the three main items were cooked with cheese on it, which we couldn't have. I sampled one item and it tasted really good. We ended up getting breakfast on the road.

This hotel looks like it caters more to business people as my kids were the only kids I saw the whole time I was there and most of the people there looked to be single business travelers.

Overall, I liked the place and I hope we will stay at this chain again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three days while visiting relatives in Cranberry. The rooms were well laid out and very clean. Our stay was very relaxing. The breakfast every morning was good and always was kept full of food. I especially thought it was nice to have a movie and popcorn in their meeting room to entertain the kids on one of the evenings. We will return to stay here when visiting.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Excellent hotel with big, clean rooms and all amenities including pool, wifi, etc and just a few minutes drive from downtown Pittsburgh with an easy access to/from a highway. Hot breakfast was especially good with a variety of toasts, melts, fruits, juices, yogurts, etc. Breakfast area in the lobby was big with comfy seating, great for reading newspaper or email with a cup of coffee. Sleep quality was great due to comfy beds and low noise. It is not a big hotel so it never felt crowded, would definitely stay again.

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way through town on vacation. Professional staff, clean, modern rooms. Really a gem of a hotel. Breakfast was hot and tasty, coffee was good, wi-fi seamless. We stayed at other hotels in Cranberry previously, but will only stay here in the future. See you soon...

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel. The service is top notch. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean and spacious. They serve a complimentary full breakfast in the lobby with plenty of seating space. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate all of our requests.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Luis M
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Very nice place. Room was very comfortable and clean. Right off the turnpike. Easy on/off. I thought the room was quiet being next to the turnpike. They have a small bar and serve a full breakfast in the morning from fruit/cereal/bagels/eggs/pancakes/sausage. A great value for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Russ K
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2013

To sum it up, the staff doesn't seem to care. During my 4 night stay, I encountered many problems. The biggest, obviously was noise - the 3rd night. As I pulled into the parking lot at 10pm the 3rd night. A "party bus" pulls up and 30 loud, drunk people staggered off the bus and into the hotel. Scared, but sleepy enough to face this mob, I made my way to the lobby. The drunks thought it was funny to blow smoke in my face as I entered. From the lobby I could hear elevator alarms going off. I made my way to my room, but part of this roudy group was staying on MY floor in the same wing! The parents were so drunk, they let the kids run up and down the halls hitting the elevator alarms - and the adults were loud and were shouting down the hall from several different opened room doors. I called the front desk to figure out what on earth was going on and to complain about the noise. They said it was a wedding party (I found out the wedding wasn't even held at this hotel) and that the group was split between TWO floors (including mine -even though I had asked for a quiet room). Really? Why didn't they put them on the same floor as to not disturb the other guests? After hours of constant noise - now it was 2:30 in the morning, I kept calling the front desk. They came up a few times to tell the group to be quiet, but after the staff left, the group got louder. I guess I wasn't the only guest who couldn't sleep because of the noise, I peaked my head out the door and saw a police officer telling several members of the group to quiet down. Thankfully, that worked...until 6 am that SAME morning. The part of the group that I assume was from the other floor started knocking on almost every door SHOUTING, "Room service," as they ran down the hallway. I called down to the front desk, ready to pack up and switch hotels, but found out that group was getting ready to check out. So, they were willing to give up everyone's sleep just to accommodate a group that only stayed for ONE night?! Never have I encountered anything so absurd!

The staffs' indifference didn't end there. I noticed dog poop on the sidewalk as I left for a meeting. I called the front desk to alert them. When I returned several hours later, the dog poop was still there. I walked up to the front desk and asked them why they didn't remove it. When they saw i wasn't leaving until it was addressed, they told me they'd take care of it. I literally had to stand over them like a parent and watch them put on gloves and remove the "obstruction." I love animals, but if you have a "pet-friendly" hotel you have to make sure that those of us who don't have pets don't step in, or even see poop.

The other issue was maintenance. The room I had was one with a roll-in shower. I wondered why the room smelled so musty - I soon discovered why. When you turn on the shower, the water doesn't drain properly. I'm not talking puddles - you literally had to wear tennis shoes to tred through the water and even then my shoes got soaked! From the shower, the water made its way around the back of the toilet and finally into the secondary drain in the middle of the floor. Letting it drain on its own took all night. I finally had to use 4 scrunched up bath-sized towels to redirect the water to the secondary drain - and still had to use the towels to mop up the extra water EVERY time I wanted to shower. Upon checkout I mentioned the problem, but the staff just gave me a blank stare and said, "Oh."

I cannot recommend this hotel and will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Asking for a quiet room doesn't seem to help. Ask if they have any groups coming during your sta...