“Overpriced for average food”

Jimmy Wan's Restaurant and Lounge
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Jimmy Wan’s Restaurant and Lounge is a Pan-Asian restaurant that offers a vibrant array of Asian favorites and delicacies, ranging from the traditional classics to the innovative and contemporary. Sushi Chef Aki and Head Chef Chen utilize locally sourced ingredients and seasonal ingredients for local favorites such as Kung Pao Filet Mignon, Miso Chilean Sea Bass, New Style Magura Tuna Sashimi, and Iron Chef Maki Rolls. Our contemporary lounge is the perfect place to sip on Western Pennsylvania’s largest selection of wine and Japanese sake or Bar Manager Josh’s creative cocktails. The elegant dining room interior sets the mood for a romantic date or an important business meeting, coupled with friendly and attentive service. Jimmy Wan’s also offers takeout and delivery services, patio dining, private dining, and full-service catering. Family owned and operated, Jimmy Wan’s Restaurant and Lounge Cranberry was opened in 2006. This is Jimmy Wan Sr.’s fourth restaurant in the Pittsburgh area since his inaugural restaurant launch in 1985. Jimmy Sr. and his wife Kathy have worked tirelessly to bring exceptional Asian food to their very many friends and family members who have supported them through the great journey over the many years. Joined by their son, Jimmy Jr., the Wan family will continue to deliver great dining experiences and joyous memories to their guests.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Overpriced for average food”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Live in the area and used to eat here from time to time. Haven't been back in a very long time. The service is okay and the food is overpriced for what you get. A lot of frozen seafood dishes, not fresh. Just average food. Would go somewhere else in the area. Sorry, there are no really good asian restaurants in the area. This area could really use some independent restaurants, but the rent is too high for them to get in.
I would recommend a visitor to the area to go to the Strip District, Lawrenceville, or Shadyside for a good meal (as we do) Check out Andrew Zimmern's Pittsburgh episode for some good options worth your while.
If you have to stay local, BRGR has a tasty Kobe burger. Be careful, though, they charge you for the fries and any sides with the burger. They didn't tell us this when ordering and haven't been back there in a while.
Aladdins is also another good option for fresh fruit & veggie juices and interesting lebanese choices (great hummus w/ meats plates:).

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ServiceRater_11

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Usually excellent, but disappointing this time”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I agree with many others, this is a good restaurant - most of the time. But our last experience was a disappointment. When you order a sushi role for $18 (iron chef) you expect something above average. This time, it was average at best. Perhaps it was the fact that it was Sunday (maybe the regular sushi chef's night off). We will definitely give it another chance.

• Visited June 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best Chinese in Western PA”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I've been a big fan of Jimmy Wan's restaurant for many years (back to Taipei). I regularly eat here at least once a week and the best entree is Kung Pao Chicken. I've order many different dishes here and I haven't had a bad dish yet. My wife and I also like ordering the eggplant dish which has a nice garlic sauce. Get the lava cake for dessert which is chocolate cake with fudge and ice cream. The restaurant itself is nicely laid out and decorated. Prices are on the higher side, but worth every penny.

“Addicted to this place!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I discovered it a few years ago when we drove by and decided to try it since we love Japanese and Chinese food. I ordered the Ruby Chicken and it was over! I was addicted to it!!! I MUST go back here any Saturday I am off work to get this. I have ventured to order the garlic chicken as an extra lunch meal and thought it was great too. I can't go back to the conventional places to eat no more. This is high quality food and you can taste the difference. The bartender's know us when we come in and bring us our drinks by the time we sit down. Talk about great service! All the kids know to get us a gift card from here at Christmas. They have great lunch time specials. I would say it's more expensive after lunch hours BUT you get a good amount of food so it is very worth it! great Sushi also!

• Visited May 2014
MARS
“A Fun Group Dinner”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Our first visit, we had eight at dinner at Jimmy Wan's on a Saturday evening. We had our menus for about ten minutes before being greeted by our server. We ordered cocktails and appetizers at the request of our server. Unfortunately the appetizers arrived before the drinks so a suggestion would be to order in order of expected service. We placed dinner requests and had just the right amount of time to talk and enjoy the appetizers before our main courses were served.

The food presentation was great. All dishes looked and were delicious. I had the Peking Duck and the half-order was plenty. My wife had the General Tso's and, requesting it less spicy, wasa just to her liking. We liked the food so much that we had the same mains for take out several nights later. This will be nearly a weekly take out location for us.

• Visited April 2014