“First rate property” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Cranberry Township
North Texas
“First rate property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

Not sure when, or if, I have had a better extended stay experience. Candlewood Suites in Cranberry Township, PA is fairly new, well maintained, well run by a very attentive staff, and located in the heart of the west Pittsburgh, PA market area. Taking a holiday break and will then be back there after the first of the year. My home away from home.

Room Tip: Can't tell you because I don't want you requesting my room! :-)
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

We had a King Studio Suite that was very large...full kitchenette, micro/mini stove, refrig, dishwasher, coffee-maker...this property only about 1 yr old so everything looks/feels new...our only surprise was there was no housekeeping service except once/week...it is an extended-stay concept, where you do bed-making, fresh towel exchange, replace used coffee packets, wash used cups/etc...just different from other places...we'd stay there again, but now know what to expect (or not to)...good location with many restaurants near by...we've stayed at several other Cranberry hotels & this is the best!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stay in hotels 90% of the year and often at Candlewood Suites. This hotel is one of the best.
The rooms are very spacious and the kitchen was top notch as well as the bath room. This was the first Candlewood Suites that offered me a king size bed and it was fit for a king. Nice lobby and indoor pool. Only advise is it's standard at this chain to turn off the ice maker in the fridge when guests leave. Call ahead and ask for the ice maker to be turned on before you arrive. It take a day or so to make ice and they have none on site.

Room Tip: I always choose top floors. This chain is very popular with construction workers and you can tell w...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Bloomington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed here for 30 days. Stay is very friendly, although the day I checked out.... I witnessed the manager, whom I rarely dealt with, treat a potential guest (who appeared to be homeless or walking) very rudely.
The hotel is very new and you can still smell fresh paint.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Excellent accommodations! Very Clean!! Spacious Bathroom, fantastic shower!! Well equipped kitchen. Comfortable beds!! Reclining chair for my husband....all the comfort of home!!
My husband forgot my 24oz Tervis Tumbler in the refrigerator when packing to leave....& the management was very kind & understanding & mailed it to me COD, but I received it in 2 days. I appreciate the promptness!! Highly recommend Candlewood Suites!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

This hotel is fairly new and was built 1 yr ago. Rooms are very well appointed. Each room has a full size refridgerator, dishwasher, cooktop, and dishware. The bathroom is nice size as well. There is also a flatscreen tv and a DVD player.

Candlewood has free washer and dryers for guests, but you have to provide your own laundry soap, softener, and dryer sheets. (There are stores nearby to purchase groceries etc.) This location also has an indoor pool and hottub. They also have a lift for the pool for handicapped folks to use.

Rick checked me in and was fantastic. There was a problem with my reservation and he handled it for me. Thanks very much for the great customer service.

Just a side note the gentleman was a bit rude when I checked out in the morning, but I would stay here again. The rooms are very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
michaelc33, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cranberry, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank You for your detailed review of our Candlewood Suites, HappyGilmore. I have discussed your comments with our team. Rick discussed your reservation situation and could not have done a better job making sure everything was perfect. Our team will go out of their way to make sure our guest are comfortable. I have thanked him for a job well-done. We were also happy we could extend to you, a late check-out for early afternoon the next day. Being an extended stay property, extending a late check-out is difficult to do as it takes a longer amount of time to properly prepare the Studio Suite for the next guest, as our check-in time is 3pm. I have inquired about your check-out and found that our staff had become concerned when the agreed upon check-out time was not observed. Obviously, they had to follow-up by calling your room. I apologize if you felt this was inappropriate, but they were concerned after a certain period of time had elapsed. We were thankful that everything was OK. We appreciate your comments.
Hanover, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions in the past year. We recently moved to Philly from Pittsburgh but have been back to Pittsburgh at least twice a month for the past year. We loved this hotel as the suite was just what we needed with two small children. The room is spacious and right over the pool so no one below us could hear our children running around the room. The staff seem to know us by first name now and that is #1 in customer service! We have always had excellent service. Recently, the rates have increased to the point that we are no longer staying at this hotel. We have stayed at the Candlewood Suites--Pgh Airport and this hotel is less expensive than the Cranberry location. It does not have a pool but we never used the pool anyway. The "Pantry" is stocked with more options at the Cranberry location but we have brought our own "snacks" to make up the difference. It is extremely unfortunate the rates have increased so much at the Cranberry location. The difference between the two locations is at least $60.00 and up. I understand its an ideal location for traveling Interstate 79 or the PA turnpike but we can stay in Downtown Pittsburgh at a hotel in Station Square with a river view for less money. Extremely unfortunate as I said, we have stayed at least twice each month in the past year. Other than the price of the rooms, its a great hotel. I am a Platinum Club member and we only stay at Priority Club hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank btandnv
michaelc33, Manager at Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cranberry, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
We appreciate your comments concerning our rooms and our staff. Our team strives to make your stay an enjoyable and comfortable experience. We strive to provide a home away from home environment. Being an extended stay property, we have enjoyed hosting so many people with different needs and have always put an emphasis on our customer service. I will share your comments with the entire team. Thank You. I appreciate your comments concerning our price. We are committed to being the best value in the extended stay market in Cranberry Township, PA. The room you describe is our largest and nicest 1 Bedroom Suite. The longer you stay at Candlewood Suites, the lower the price becomes. Also, weekend pricing tends to be higher than weekday pricing. We constantly monitor our competition pricing. We will continue to monitor our pricing and appreciate your comments. We will certainly make adjustements if necessary. We hope to see you in the future. Our team wishes you the best, btandnv!!