“Wonderful Extended Stay Hotel!”

Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cranberry
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Cranberry Township
Helena, Montana
“Wonderful Extended Stay Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

I wound up staying here for approximately 2 weeks during a trip to Pennsylvania. The rooms are very nice with kitchens in them. I had a full size fridge to put groceries in and a small stovetop to cook on. They supply all the silverware, dishes, and pots and pans you need. There's also a complimentary bag of popcorn in the microwave for you. This hotel seems newer. Everything is in great/like new condition. The pool and hot tub were always clean with perfect water temperature. They have a small store area in this hotel which is very convenient and reasonably priced to purchase drinks or food from. The laundry facilities are free to use which is another added benefit. The staff was always very nice and accommodating if I ever needed anything. Another concept I enjoyed was that housekeeping only comes once a week unless you request them sooner. You always have the convenience of getting towels, toiletries or anything else you need at anytime though. I liked this because I get stuck working from my computer a lot and hate having to leave the room every day or get all my things put away whenever housekeeping shows up. At this hotel, it was never a concern. It felt more like home where I'm more in control of what needs done and I really like that. I couldn't have had a better stay here!! If I get back to the area, I would definitely stay here again!! I travel a lot and after my stay here, I'll be searching for Candlewood hotels in my future trips!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I was a bit disappointed in this hotel. The property is fine, there are a number of restaurants within a short walking distance (a sushi place, two fast food- Chipotle and Five Guys), plus Max and Erma's, Bob Evans and Lone Star. And there are a few more just across the street. The rooms are fine, the hotel is pretty new so the faciities are still in good shape but the experience fell a bit flat.

Very little service from the front desk, housekeeping only once a week (which also means you don't get any additional coffee in your room). This also means that you have to find somewhere to put your garbage and your dirty towels between the weekly visits. I also had no dishwasher powder in the room for the first part of my stay so I washed dishes by hand for the first week.

The biggest drawback for me was although they say they have "full kitchens", none of the rooms have ovens. So, generally ok for a shorter term stay if you want to be able to make a breakfast in your room or a light lunch but I wouldn't choose a place like this for a longer term stay or if you want to be able to make a supper in your room.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. The building is not well soundproofed so the rooms on the lower floors can be...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Colleen98_Sudbury
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cranberry, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear Colleen98_Sudbury,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I certainly apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
North Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

Not sure when, or if, I have had a better extended stay experience. Candlewood Suites in Cranberry Township, PA is fairly new, well maintained, well run by a very attentive staff, and located in the heart of the west Pittsburgh, PA market area. Taking a holiday break and will then be back there after the first of the year. My home away from home.

Room Tip: Can't tell you because I don't want you requesting my room! :-)
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

We had a King Studio Suite that was very large...full kitchenette, micro/mini stove, refrig, dishwasher, coffee-maker...this property only about 1 yr old so everything looks/feels new...our only surprise was there was no housekeeping service except once/week...it is an extended-stay concept, where you do bed-making, fresh towel exchange, replace used coffee packets, wash used cups/etc...just different from other places...we'd stay there again, but now know what to expect (or not to)...good location with many restaurants near by...we've stayed at several other Cranberry hotels & this is the best!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stay in hotels 90% of the year and often at Candlewood Suites. This hotel is one of the best.
The rooms are very spacious and the kitchen was top notch as well as the bath room. This was the first Candlewood Suites that offered me a king size bed and it was fit for a king. Nice lobby and indoor pool. Only advise is it's standard at this chain to turn off the ice maker in the fridge when guests leave. Call ahead and ask for the ice maker to be turned on before you arrive. It take a day or so to make ice and they have none on site.

Room Tip: I always choose top floors. This chain is very popular with construction workers and you can tell w...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Bloomington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed here for 30 days. Stay is very friendly, although the day I checked out.... I witnessed the manager, whom I rarely dealt with, treat a potential guest (who appeared to be homeless or walking) very rudely.
The hotel is very new and you can still smell fresh paint.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Excellent accommodations! Very Clean!! Spacious Bathroom, fantastic shower!! Well equipped kitchen. Comfortable beds!! Reclining chair for my husband....all the comfort of home!!
My husband forgot my 24oz Tervis Tumbler in the refrigerator when packing to leave....& the management was very kind & understanding & mailed it to me COD, but I received it in 2 days. I appreciate the promptness!! Highly recommend Candlewood Suites!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple