“Just the best.”

Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cranberry
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Cranberry Township
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The staff at this hotel could not have been kinder. When we could not check in early, Rick offered us the conference room to work on a project that was going to take many hours. All of the staff were helpful and friendly, and on that alone, I would highly recommend this hotel. The rooms were large, clean and with new furnishings. It was just a very pleasant stay, and will gladly return on our next visit to Pennsylvania.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our stay. Our room was spacious and our bed was so comfortable. We reserved our king bed room online and had a quick, hassle-free check in. Plenty of parking and amenities. Free wifi and a store downstairs just in case we forgot something.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed here two nights, have stayed in another candlewood suite in Massachusetts that wasnt as nice as this one. This one was clean and the front staff was very friendly. We arrived early to meet my son and his wife who were already staying there to look for a new home. When we arrived it was about noon and our daughter in law came to the lobby to meet us, when the front desk heard we had reservations for that night she let us check in early, our son was in a meeting and it was very nice to have a room to relax in while waiting on him to get back! The room was very clean and we loved having the pantry available to us as we were coming and going! It's located in the midst of lots of restaurants and my only complaint would be that the entrance from the road wasnt very visible, a bit hard to find if you dont know the area, other than that we had a great stay and would stay there again when we are in the area!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My streak of positive reviews comes to an end. This property is currently rated 9 out of 12 in the Cranberry/Wexford area. I should have learned my lesson - there are 8 hotels that are clearly a better choice in the area.
This is an example of an very average property is mixed with indifferent customer service. I should not have to ask the hotel staff 3 times for a SIMPLE request. It actually seems like they do not want you to be there - like an uninvited guest.
The hotel is nestled between two major highways - so that is convenient for travellers who just want to spend a night and get on the road. I could only imagine using this property if I had points for a free night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Kevin B,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have been staying at Candlewood Cranberry Township for eight nights on an extended stay status for my job. It isn't as luxurious as some of the other options in the area but it suits my needs well. You walk in the lobby and immediately you can tell the place is no frills, but everything is clean and new. The workout area/pool are well maintained but small-ish. The room is on the small side but it's so clean you could eat off the floor. The kitchenette works well and everything is up to date (no ancient appliances or gross looking things). My only complaint with the kitchen is it would be nice if they provided more pans/pots to cook with, and they only give you two forks, two spoons, etc. Dishwasher is super loud so don't make the mistake of running it before you go to bed. Bathroom is good, water pressure/temps are great. Bed is average in comfort. The temp can be hard to control. Seems like it's either stuffy or blasting cold air. The AC unit is a bit loud but I've gotten used to it. I rarely will walk barefoot on hotel carpet but this is so clean I don't think twice about it. Above average tv channel selection. One complaint-- I do not like having maid service only once a week. It's annoying to have to haul your trash downstairs or go get towels. Two or three times a week would be a huge improvement. Location is very convenient to highway and places to eat. The walls must be well insulated because you can't hear a peep from the other rooms. So far the staff have been very friendly, but when I initially called to inquire about the best available rate, the guy was unhelpful and dumped me into someone's voicemail. I almost didn't stay here because of that, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. I am satisfied with my stay and would return.

Room Tip: High floor is quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2013

After a long day of driving, we pulled off the road and asked at a gas station for any hotel with a pool. They recommended Candlewood Suites and I could not be happier they did. The desk staff has been nothing but friendly and outgoing. Actually, everyone on staff has been helpful and outgoing.

The rooms are spacious, clean, and quiet. The beds are wonderful to sleep in. There is even a recliner for watching the free DVD's that you can borrow from the front desk. Yes, there is a DVD player! Each room has a full sized fridge, stove top, fully stocked cupboards, and a microwave with a complementary pack of microwave popcorn.

The amenities don't stop there though! You can relax in the pool and hot tub. Work out in the exercise room that is always open. You can even do a load of laundry in the FREE washer and dryer - all you need to do is provide detergent, which you can purchase if you didn't think to bring any (like me). There is also a little "corner store" that has food, snacks, drinks, and other miscellaneous items at a pretty reasonable price.

I can't say enough about this place. If I ever see another one, it will be my first choice for a place to stay. Thanks folks!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I lived in the Candlewood for the better part of 9 months while working in Western Pennsylvania. The staff are fantastic and did everything they could to make my stay away from home pleasant. With just a little encouragement one can get suggestions on the sightseeing choices in Pittsburgh or adjacent areas.
Rooms were clean and I felt very secure. Several good restaurants in close proximity.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business