“Couldn't be more helpful!”

Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cranberry
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Cranberry Township
Reviewed 23 April 2014

After a long day on the road, we called Candlewood Suites. We have 3 teenagers and a dog so it is difficult to find a place, big enough and at a good rate. Rick, the guy on the phone was very helpful, cooperative and when we arrived they couldn't have been nicer. They answered all our questions, gave us suggestions for a restaurant, extra bedding. All good.
Thanks for all your help.
We will definitely be back.
Room is great, should have taken food and wine for the real full kitchen, next time. Very clean, comfortable and the pool was open for the kids until 11:00. The suite has a separate room with a king bed.

Room Tip: For a large family the separate room is so nice. They didn't have a cot but were very helpful w...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here for several days and I was not that impressed from the lack of housekeeping to the lack of just about every part of service you can expect from a hotel! I will stay at my old reliable down the street from now on.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank George B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear George B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. In an attempt offer a more home like environment for their extended stay guests, housekeeping is on a varied schedule from that of traditional hotels. It is unfortunate this policy prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I Do Not Like This Staff! The Hotel itself is acceptable, but the staff is my problem. And I would rather have somebody care about me and make me feel valued when I travel. They must have a ton of business and don't need me. Good luck!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Chappman1213
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Chappman1213,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you liked our convenient location. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you received service which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 July 2013

The staff at this hotel could not have been kinder. When we could not check in early, Rick offered us the conference room to work on a project that was going to take many hours. All of the staff were helpful and friendly, and on that alone, I would highly recommend this hotel. The rooms were large, clean and with new furnishings. It was just a very pleasant stay, and will gladly return on our next visit to Pennsylvania.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our stay. Our room was spacious and our bed was so comfortable. We reserved our king bed room online and had a quick, hassle-free check in. Plenty of parking and amenities. Free wifi and a store downstairs just in case we forgot something.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed here two nights, have stayed in another candlewood suite in Massachusetts that wasnt as nice as this one. This one was clean and the front staff was very friendly. We arrived early to meet my son and his wife who were already staying there to look for a new home. When we arrived it was about noon and our daughter in law came to the lobby to meet us, when the front desk heard we had reservations for that night she let us check in early, our son was in a meeting and it was very nice to have a room to relax in while waiting on him to get back! The room was very clean and we loved having the pantry available to us as we were coming and going! It's located in the midst of lots of restaurants and my only complaint would be that the entrance from the road wasnt very visible, a bit hard to find if you dont know the area, other than that we had a great stay and would stay there again when we are in the area!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My streak of positive reviews comes to an end. This property is currently rated 9 out of 12 in the Cranberry/Wexford area. I should have learned my lesson - there are 8 hotels that are clearly a better choice in the area.
This is an example of an very average property is mixed with indifferent customer service. I should not have to ask the hotel staff 3 times for a SIMPLE request. It actually seems like they do not want you to be there - like an uninvited guest.
The hotel is nestled between two major highways - so that is convenient for travellers who just want to spend a night and get on the road. I could only imagine using this property if I had points for a free night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cranberry, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Kevin B,