“different but good”

Primanti Bros. (Cranberry)
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Home of the Almost Famous Sandwich! Half Priced Happy Hour Every Day!
Michigan
“different but good”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This was a bit different as your coleslaw and fries are on the sandwich but it was good. My son had seen this on tv and wanted to try it. It was very tasty and the prices were not too high. In fact, the sandwiches we got were in the $7 price range.

Visited June 2013

clang18
“Saturday Lunch”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Went to Primanti Brothers for lunch on Saturday afternoon. The parking lot looked packed, but we were seated right away. Our server was MJ and she was okay. Food was very good. No complaints.

Visited June 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Great place if you're a fan of everything Pittsburgh”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

While visiting some family in PA I was told to check this place out. They have a very unique sandwich that is stuffed with fries and their own version of coleslaw on your choice of meat. Unique is the best way I can describe it. I guess this thing is an acquired taste. I had to disassemble mine just because it was too big to bite into and I found that the fries on the sandwich sort of dried it out. With that being said, it was pretty good. I went with the pastrami, which is always a good choice. It's pretty hard to mess that up. The waitress was really friendly and good about explaining their specialty. The atmosphere is that of a family friendly sports bar. Definitely the place to go to watch any Pittsburgh sports team.

• Visited June 2013
Harmony
“A 'Burgh Treasure”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

...and original too. If anything essentially similar to a Primanti Bros. sandwich exists in some other city, we would have heard about it by now. Tastes 800 per cent better than fast food.

Visited May 2013
South Carolina
“Go for the experience”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I went one night during a Penguins playoff game, and the place was packed. The magical atmosphere made up for the lackluster food and service.

I waited about 10 minutes for a server, and finally ended up with one of the managers. She seemed... surprised no one had waited on me, but took my order. A minute later someone else came to take my order. Fair enough, it was busy. I noticed that there were a lot of servers, but there was not a lot of organization in waiting tables. It was almost as if a full house threw them off their game.

I got one of the famous big sandwiches and an Iron City Amber (dollar beer night is always a plus). The sandwich was decent, but the meat (roast beef) had no flavor. The bread, slaw, and fries on it were very good, but those aren't the meat (ha ha) of the sandwich. The beer wasn't bad either.

Overall, I can now state that I've eaten a Primanti Bros. sandwich, but if I were to go again, I'd probably try something else off their substantial menu. They also have pizza, wings, and various other plates.

• Visited May 2013