“Okay hotel for an overnight stay traveling”

Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Cranberry Township
Gr8day4sun
“Okay hotel for an overnight stay traveling”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

All the ads along the way on our trip west did the trick. My son insisted on a Red Roof and I obliged, even though I wanted something else. The room was basic and the rate was too high for what it was. I got a better rate coming back the other direction at a better hotel that served breakfast. The room seemed clean and I liked the fact that there was only carpet around the beds. The service was okay but I wouldn't stay here again. Something in the room made me start sneezing and get a stuffy nose all night - it cleared up as soon as we left.

Room Tip: Right off of the interstate. Seemed loud - not sure there is a quiet room but I'd ask for the s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for reviewing my hotel. You mentioned that you thought our rate was too high. We set our rates based on demand and competition. Compared to what others are charging for a room in this area, we are a great value. I am glad you like or new décor package. The new flooring has been well received by all of my guests. You also mentioned that you started sneezing while in the room. We use the same cleaning products in all of our rooms. I have had no other issues. I am glad you liked our cleanliness. We provide the same clean, comfortable and affordable rooms to all of our guests. Thank you again for choosing Red Roof Inns.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Lambertville, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

On our way to Philadelphia, we needed a place to stay overnight. The price was good, the beds and bathroom were clean. Next to the turnpike, so we kept the fan on all night which blocked the sound. Perkins restaurant next door.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding my property. You mentioned the cleanliness of the Inn. We take pride in providing clean and comfortable lodging to all of our guests. Our rates also offer tremendous value when compared to the other hotels in the area. Perkins is within walking distance and it is one of the many good restaurants in the area that offer discounts to my guests. Thank you again and we'll see you on your next trip through this area.
Washington, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

upon checking in the girl at the front desk informed me that I didn't have a reservation so I checked my emails she then looked up my information and informed me that i had made the reservation for the day before. which is an honest mistake when doing this online and possibly hitting the back button She informed me to contact the manager to see if he would be willing to not charge me for that stay from the day before. I obviously was planning on staying there I just made a mistake with the arrival day. i left several messages for Mitch and he never even bothered calling me back. Needless to say I was charged for both nights so for what I paid it definitely was not worth the stay. We have never been back since. We stay in hotels quite frequently and I have never had such poor customer service.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my Inn. I apologize for any communication issues concerning your last stay at my location. I have sent you a separate e mail to discuss the issue and attempt to resolve it. Thank you again.
Orangeville, On
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here enroute to Florida and it served the purpose of a clean bed for the night. It's close to the highway at a reasonable price. I booked through a third party site, as usual, but was told at check in that, had I needed a different room, they would not have been able to give it to me as they are 'locked out' of the system. This was the first time I have ever encountered this and other hotels have always been able to accommodate my requests when I book through this site. Luckily, I was already booked in a suitable room so it was OK.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
mlutton, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your comments on my Inn. We always do whatever we can to provide exceptional service to all of our guests. You had booked on a third party website. When a third party is involved we do loose some control over the reservation. I always suggest to all of my guests to use the hotel's own website. There is only the guest and lodging operator involved, cancellation policies are much more lenient and usually you will receive a much better room rate. Thank you again and I look forward to your next visit to this area.
Lusby, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Having never stayed in a RRI before I was a bit nervous...we came into town late on a Saturday for our family reunion on Sunday with our large dog and 2 teenage sons in tow. I can't tell you how pleased we were with the service and the room! The accommodations are basic but extremely nice and well-cared for...quiet and accommodating! Pet friendly and convenient to everything! Our only negative was lack of wifi access in our room but if you are in the building with the office I think it works better. All in all a great little motel for when we're visiting family in PA!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Ufamily95
It is very nice of you to take the time to post a review of my property. Red Roof Inns has always maintained clean, comfortable and affordable lodging for our guests. We have always been pet friendly and never require a deposit. I am glad you tried our product and I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to this area. Thank you.
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

So yeah, staff was courteous at the desk, check in was speedy and simple (thank you miss Amanda). Checkout equally incident-free. Got a single-bed room which was clean and a practical size.

And best of all the environment was quiet all night. That may sound like a silly thing to talk about but I've run the gambit on hotels and a lack of awful noise is a big deal.

Would stay here again, no hesitation.

Room Tip: Book in advance. Also there is no pool or gym, fair warning.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review. I will share it with Amanda. She does an excellent job with all of her guests. You mentioned the quiet environment of this property. Our location, although convenient to all major routes is far enough away to provide a quiet park like setting. Thank you again and we will see you on your next visit.
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We needed a clean place to sleep while on a trip. We came in at 11:00 pm and left at 8:00 am. This Red Roof Inn fit our needs perfectly. The rooms were clean, the tub faucet looked brand new. I liked the laminate "hardwood" floors in the room. My only complaint with the room was how small the bathroom was. You can not open or close the bathroom door while seated on the toilet. (I only say this as a frame of reference to size.) The young man working the desk when we arrived was polite and professional despite being very busy at 11PM. I came back to request additional towels and pillow. He was helpful and delivered the pillow within minutes as promised. In the morning, the young lady at the office was equally as pleasant. I would stay at this motel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Your comments are greatly appreciated. I will share them with Andy and Kelly. They both do a great job with all of their guests. We have recently remodeled this location and the result has been well received by all of our guests. The décor is very clean and functional. We feel that it is a much higher quality than offered by most of our competition. Thank you again and we will see you on your next visit.