“First Rate” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“First Rate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

I had to visit Cranberry, PA for a funeral, and so made plans quickly, relying on my Hilton Honors status to find a good place to stay. The hotel is too new for the address to be found by my GPS, so I copied down the directions from "the hotel staff" on the website. Those directions took me to the Marriott! The hotel is not .02 miles from exit 78 off I-79, but rather about a mile away through the obligatory perpetual Pennsylvania construction, up on a hill - as I discovered by calling the hotel. I'm not sure why someone doesn't correct the directions, as I imagine the Marriott is enjoying the unexpected business.
Anyway, once I got to the hotel, check-in was lightning fast. My room was clean, spacious, and quiet. The bed was perfect. I had to call to find out where the hair dryer was - hanging in a bag in the closet (?) - but the rest of my 2 night experience was totally first rate. The staff could not have been nicer. Kourtney, in the dining area for breakfast, got me French toast and juice in about 4 minutes. Thanks, Hilton. If I ever get back to Cranberry, I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TJassel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Good afternoon!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response about our hotel! I'm so sorry the directions were giving you any sort of trouble. We've been having a world of trouble getting those situated being that our street does not exist on Google Maps, Mapquest, or GPS directions yet. Thank you for being patient enough to call the hotel. I found the written direction error you were referring to on Hilton.com. I'll contact someone to see if that can be adjusted- this is my mistake for never noticing the discrepancy in the past.

THANK YOU for recognizing our team. Our staff is superb (even though in many ways they are still learning), and it means the world whenever someone acknowledges their consideration. We love Kourtney! I'm glad you did too. She is truly the rock of our restaurant service, and we are so happy to have her. I'll certainly pass along your kudos.

Very Sincerely,

Tiffany Jassel, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent week long stay at this hotel. I was in the area to visit family so my 7 year old granddaughter was with me most of the week. The entire hotel is tastefully decorated and comfortable. We used the pool several times and enjoyed it very much. The in-room mini-refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot helped to make it a home away from home. All the staff were very friendly and helpful with maps and directions to local attractions. The hotel is VERY convenient to great shopping and restaurants, as well as I-79 and Route 19. We ate several meals at the restaurant which were delicious. The salmon and scallops dishes I ordered were 5 star restaurant quality. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Pittsburgh area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Good afternoon Ms. Karen,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this response. I'm so happy the precious time with your granddaughter was made all the more special by being here with us. I hope she loved the pool- which was always my favorite part about traveling as a little girl. I'm so happy to hear you loved the Great American Grill! You know... we have an equisite executive chef who I am very thankful to have here with us.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to discover a nice new hotel in Cranberry Township. Specific points:
- Room: Looked as if it had never been used. Rooms and bathrooms were clean, well-decorated, and comfortable. Nice, large, flat-plat televisions. Wireless internet access, business room with computers and printers. Comfortable chairs, and mostly comfortable beds (mine seemed to lean toward the center...could have been my imagination).
- Staff: Helpful and friendly. Explained where everything was at check-in.
- Restaurant/bar: Has potential. Recipes seem good, but execution could use some work (food served luke-warm, some items a bit overcooked, etc.). Will probably be good in future as adjustments are made.
- Lobby: Free coffee, sleek waterfall, and a "power bar" (a large oval bar where you can "plug-in" for business users). Nice outside seating.
- Workout/weight room and small, but nice, indoor pool
- Good value for the price - not a 5 star hotel, but it was not meant to be. For its hotel class, it is top-notch.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TJassel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Good morning!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our beautiful hotel. Being that we are brand new, we need to hear all feedback, positive-negative-indifferent. Your words mean the world. Thank you for everything. Please come back and visit us again soon! Please let me invite you to come back and dine with us on your next trip so you can see our dining room's improvement! I'll buy your appetizer :). Please just bring this review or ask for me directly. I hope I'm available to meet you.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

I recently stayed over at the Hilton Garden Inn over the August long weekend. Me and my fiancée decided to travel to grove city outlet mall for some shopping and we were looking for a nice place to sleep. Everything about the hotel is excellent, the entrance looked very nice with some couches to lounge, there was a nice patio outside where I saw a number of people chose to stay and hang out. The rooms were clean, the shower was very big and my fiancée absolutely loved it.

The fitness centre is great, I love the free weights and the treadmills. It was a very big room compared to other hotels with a TV to keep you entertained. I was able to use the Fitness room when I got there Saturday night and then again when I work up Sunday morning.

Beds were comfortable and the TVs are all new and very nice. There is a coffee maker in the room but we elected to help ourselves to the free coffee across from the reception desk in the morning.

Like others said no free breakfast but going in I expected none because I read the reviews on Trip Advisor. If you care about that I guess its a big deal. Me, I would rather have a good room with a great gym so I was satisfied with the hotel.

Another bonus was that it was very close to Target and Kohls so we were able to do some shopping before we left Cranberry.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rvanness, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Greetings,

We are so excited that you enjoyed your visit at our location. There are great locations to shop in and around the surrounding areas. We are happy that you found our location on your shopping weekend! There are many choices of Hotels in the area and we are happy that you chose us. We would love to have you as our guest the next time you would want to just get away.

Thanks,

Ronald Van Ness
Assistant General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

This hotel is beautiful. I stayed here during a road trip to pittsburgh and would recommend it to everyone! The lobby is beautifully decorated and the front desk staff were amazing during my stay! Upon check-in i was notified that i had been upgraded to a suite for free! I enjoyed every minute of this stay! The room was spotless and had everything we needed to feel at home. Despite what everyone is saying about the breakfast- i enjoyed my complimentary breakfast that consisted of eggs, mini potatoes, pastries, muffins, yogurt, cereal and waffels. The staff was fantastic and even made the waffel for me while i sat down and started the rest of my breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and i would deffinately be back! Thanks Hilton!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank NicP3
Good morning!

OH MY GOSH! How super fabulous are you? Thank you... truly and sincerely. It means a lot that you took the time to write about us. Our staff has been focusing so hard on providing excellent service to all of our guests and improving in all areas that improvement is needed.

This meant the world to see, and I can't wait to share it with my team.

Monessen PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

Very new hotel, nice room with very comfortable beds. Not easy to find since none of the highway signs point out this hotel(actually it is conveniently located off of I 79 ), There are several restaurants (sit down and fast food) that are near by and can be reached using a side access road next to the hotel, For us the only down side was the lack of a complimentary breakfast bar like Hampton /HI Express offers. Since we did not want a full breakfast we skipped the in-house restaurant and used MickyD after we check out- still I would not consider that a deal breaker in the future

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TJassel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Good morning!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and THANK YOU for taking the time to write about our hotel. We all truly appreciate it- your words mean everything.

We just began offering a continental breakfast buffet as well for $4.95 a person. So if you're on the go, or you only want a small quick breakfast, you can purchase a smaller option. There are also individually priced items in the Pavillion Pantry- just to give you another choice rather than heading down the road.

Hope to see you on your next visit to Cranberry Township!

Thank you. Sincerely,

tiffany.jassel@hilton.com
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

This new hotel is beautiful. I was highly impressed with the staff at the front desk and the restaurant. Everyone went out of their way to ensure that my family and I were comfortable and satisfied. There are a lot of choices in this area but this hotel is my first choice.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Good morning!

Thank you thank you thank you for your kind words. I truly appreciate you taking the time you write about our property. We're working hard every day to keep improving and keep having fun.

Have an awesome day!