“Love this place!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Ga
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We stayed here in early September 2012 and we are here again in November 2012 and have been very satisfied with the hotel. Our 2 year old loves the waterfall when you first walk in. When we told her we were going back to Pittsburgh she said "go see waterfall!" The hotel has a very comfortable feel and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We have eaten multiple meals at the hotel and overall it's been a positive experience. However, I do think the breakfast could be improved. It's overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
rvanness, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Greetings,

I am so happy that your family keep coming back to our location when visiting the Pittsburgh/Cranberry area. Our staff were just as excited as your 2 year old daughter when they built the waterfall in the entrance. It really makes the Hotel very inviting when entering the front doors. Thank you for telling your story on this website. We look forward to your continue loyalty to our property.

Thanks,

Ronald Van Ness
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Port Dover, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2012

this is a new hotel in Cranberry and all the staff will tell you...we are new that why things are happening. I check in on Monday night when it was raining very bad out, our first room, we unpacked and found out the water was coming in our window, we called the front deck and they changed out room, the front desk person said, this hotel is new and we still don't know what works and does not, you would think a builder would have checked all windows for leaks. We moved to the second room, unpacked and after 15mins found out that window was leaking also, but now the hotel was sold out and we could not move to another room. They sent in more towel for the water coming in from the window. Then 30mins letter a staff person opens the door to move someone else into the room we just got moved to, they did not knock because the front desk told them to move this person who was not happy with his room to the one they just move us to. I dont understand if its good customer service to keep telling people "oh this hotel is new that why things dont work".

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
rvanness, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, 17 November 2012
Greetings,

I want to thank you for your comments on trip advisor and your comments to me personally at the Hotel. I understand your frustrations with the first room having a leak in the window. I do know that the staff accomodated your request on the move and checked that window before moving you into the new room. I also understand that the staff thought that the new luggage in the old room was luggage that you left behind and delivered it to your room. I do apologize for the confusion on the luggage. I had a meeting with my staff that when there is an issue with any part of the building to not say that the building is new. That is a training issue on my part and I am very sorry that it upset you in any way. We really appreciate your business and hope that you will try our hotel once more on your next visit. I understand that you were going to ask your Company to call and have a local corporate negotiated rate set up with us. I hope that you were able to speak with your manager about that. We hope to see you soon!!!

Thanks,

Ronald Van Ness
Assistant General Manager
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I'd originally booked the nearby Hampton Inn but changed to the Garden Inn as the Hampton Inn's fitness center was closed for renovations. I was not disappointed. The room was a very good value for the price paid -- minifridge and microwave in the room so that I could have heated something up if I wanted to. The bath had only a shower; fine for me as I prefer showers but you might ask if there are rooms with tubs if you prefer baths. Free in-room WiFi is a nice plus as well. I'm not a small person and can rarely get hotel towels to go all the way around me (so I can tuck them in) but I can do so with these towels. There were plenty of them too, which I also appreciated. Rooms and common areas were spotless.

The pool was very nice and spotless as well. The hot tub is small, but big enough for a few people. It's deep enough that I could sit on the bench and have the bubbles come up to my shoulders without hunching down.

I ate dinner in the hotel restaurant because I didn't feel like driving even the few hundred yards to the closest restaurant. There was a good variety of offerings on the menu -- appetizers to full meals -- and all were fairly priced. Service was very good. The hotel breakfast was a good deal for the full cooked breakfast, and the server made a special effort to find hot chocolate for me. As another reviewer mentioned, the hotel has complimentary coffee/tea out in the lobby, and cookies in the afternoon/evening.

The only recommendation I'd have is that the hotel add directions from the Pennsylvania Turnpike to its webpage. I tried to extrapolate from the I-79 directions but realized quickly that there was an "extra" road in-between the Turnpike and I-79 (I took a guess and made the correct turn). Call the hotel before you leave if you aren't sure of directions.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
TJassel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Good morning!

Thank you for your response and your kind words! I truly appreciate the time you took to say such nice things about our hotel. I'm glad you made your way here, and hope that on your next journey I have the chance to meet you.

Best Regards!

tjassel@vistahost.net
direct: 724-779-8640
PA
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We traveled to Pittsburgh to see the Steelers play and chose this hotel because it was new ... It was a lovely hotel with beautiful lobby and the rooms were nicely set up with all the amenities you could need. The beds were out of this world comfortable!!!!!!
My only complaint and the reason it didn't get a 5 was that you could hear the room next door conversations the walls were soo thin. The women next to my room made a phone call at 6 am which woke me up and I could almost hear it word for word...if you are going to build a hotel that is so nice why wouldn't you soundproof it better..it is a puzzle to me???? I am sure we weren't the best neighbors the night before as we ( a group of 7) partied in one room...sorry if you were our neighbors.
All in all a very nice hotel, just hope you get quiet neighbors :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Good afternoon!

I'm so glad you found us and had such a great stay. We'd love to be your newhome in Cranberry Township. I'm sorry you had noise issues, but I can promise that we will address them. Should anything disrupt your next stay, call or e-mail me directly to take care of the problem for you.

direct: 724-779-8640
Dundas, Ontario.
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Open only a few months, this is a very attractive hotel, with a water wall feature in the lobby, and welcoming public spaces. The refreshment table is very welcome after exiting the interstate, to which it is handy. The desk staff are professional, super-helpful, and attentive.
Room was attractive, spotless, and with stylish bathroom with walk-in shower. We dined in, and enjoyed fresh, well-prepared dishes. Bar and serving staff were friendly, relaxed and attentive to any request. Breakfast is either full-serve or 'continental', but the latter offers very few choices, and for guests needing to hit the road, this can be a challenge. The servers are so friendly, however, that taking your time would be a good choice! We will definitely make this our 'go-to' in PA.

Room Tip: If you prefer a room with no adjoining door, specify that at check-in.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
TJassel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Good evening!

I'm so happy that we are your new Hot Spot in Cranberry Township! I LOVE our showers, and good tip for anyone else reading, keep your bathroom door closed so the shower stays super hot because it is ultra modern and does not have a door.

I think I'm most thrilled that you had such wonderful things to say about our food and beverage team! They continue to grow and develop, and every week I'm watching service and quality improve.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. I will most certainly pass along to my team!

tiffany.jassel@hilton.com
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

The staff were really incredibly pleasant and attentive. We found the hotel to be very comfortable, clean and conveniently located. I'm always worried about getting a good night sleep, but the bed was great. It was our first time staying at this hotel chain, but sought them out on the rest of our trip.

• Stayed October 2012
Good evening!

Thank you so much for writing about our hotel! Our team is phenomenal, and I am thankful for them everyday. Thank you for identifying how great they were. It means the world to all of us.

Tiffany Jassel
tiffany.jassel@hilton.com
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Kinda hard to find this place as it is not listed in the Garmin maps yet by address or name. You can see it once off the Interstate and I just drove around til finding the right road leading up to it. The hotel itself is very nice, and if facing the right way some nice views.

We had little interaction with the hotel staff outside of check in, but they seemed very nice. Getting up to our floor, we were greeted with two large cleaning carts taking up most of the hallway and two large piles of dirty linens/towels laying on a pile right on the hallway carpet. That was pretty nasty smelling and I would have thought they would use a bin or bag to store vs just throwing on the hallway carpet.

The room itself was comfortable, beds/linens very comfortable. Bathroom was very clean and towels in there nice and soft and large.

Late in the evening the people in the rooms next to us must have come back in as we could hear there conversations almost as if they were in our room with us. Luckily they quieted down by a decent time and we had a good nite sleep.

We did not partake of the breakfast, and also did not get the newspaper which Hilton is typically known for. The bar downstairs look nice but we did not visit there or the restaurant during this visit.

I am happy with this hotel as they allowed us to use a combination of Hilton points and cash to pay vs all points or full price. This is one of the few Hilton hotels that offered this special. Also the hotel has dozens of good restaurants and variety of foods available within minutes. There is also a lot of shopping close by. If we are traveling in the area again, I would check availability here first.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
TJassel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Good afternoon,

Thank you SO much for taking the time to write a review about our property. I'm sorry you had trouble locating us, but very appreciative that you did! We're crossing our fingers that the map and satellite issues are addressed quickly, but in the meantime have added notations saying "Please call the hotel for directions" on our Hilton website and our management company's website. Hopefully that helps anyone at least booking online.

Next time you're here, you must try the restaurant! I know you said you did not partake on your last trip, but on your next trip a dining experience at the Garden Grill and Bar will be on us! My e-mail address is tjassel@vistahost.net, and my direct line is 724-779-8640.