“Talk about a Welcome Matt”

Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranberry Woods
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
“Talk about a Welcome Matt”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I checked in to the Courtyard yesterday and I had thought I had been crowned King. From the very beginning with Caitlyns courteous and professionalism and throughout with Bill the sales manager and of course Ray the food and beverage manager who delivered personally a token of their appreciation. needless to say, I was overwhelmed.
I would like to thank Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranberry Woods Very Much!!!
Friendliness makes everyone feel at home;-)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed one night on our way back from Florida. We always stay in a Marriott Courtyard because we find them to be reliable to a good standard. This location was the best we have stayed in. The staff was so friendly and welcoming, the facilities superb, the room very comfortable and elegant. We had a dinner at the bistro - excellent.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mars, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We spent our anniversary night there while dining and shopping in the area. The front desk staff were outstanding in making our anniversary special and enjoyable. Considerate amenities were an unexpected pleasure and the morning breakfast was much nicer than expected. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
East Lyme, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I visited this hotel while in Pittsburgh for a bridal shower. It was an amazing oasis with every amenity I could want. The bar was open until 2 am so the girls and I could stay in the hotel instead of going to bars and the lobby was a great spot to catch the hockey game and the couches were very comfortable. Of course, the most important part was that the room was fantastic. There was a spacious walk-in shower with Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner and a very comfortable bed. There was an in-room coffee maker and a fridge for left-overs. I just have nothing bad to say about this place. On our final morning we just wanted to get-up and out and not have to worry about going out to breakfast so we ordered breakfast at the restaurant in the lobby and it was incredibly fast and they had everything anyone could ever want at decent prices-and Starbucks coffee! Joye, the cashier, and Brian, the cook, were really excellent and polite. Everyone at the hotel was so nice - what a positive experience.

Room Tip: 4th floor is the best!
Green Features: This hotel does the "towel on the rung I'll use again, towel on floor please wash" thing which is great. Would be interested to know if they recycle. I did not notice and recycle bin in my room so I just brought mine home with me.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My business 3 night stay was made much more enjoyable thanks to the welcoming front desk staff and particularly, Joye & Brian in the lobby restaurant. Joye greeting me every morning with a big smile and a pleasant welcome. She and Brian in the kitchen made a nice start to a long day. I seem to live in Marriott properties, but these Joye was exceptional.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms are fine but I always ask to keep away from elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Toronto
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel in mid March, 2014 and we had a fantastic stay. The rooms were immaculate and the front desk staff was very friendly. The massive lobby area served as a great meeting spot where we could relax, have a drink and catch up on the days events. I highly recommend this hotel! If you like pizza you have to try Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza across the street. You will be in for a real treat!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have stayed here several times since my last review, and my experiences just get better each time. Everything about the hotel and the rooms are perfect.
Here are some of the wonderful touches I've experienced lately-

-I previously mentioned that the local sports channel wasn't on their satellite TV lineup. Well, sure enough by popular demand, its now available. Awesome to be able to watch the Pens or Pirates at the hotel. (Can you get Root Sports in HD. though?)
-Other reviews have mentioned this...but I experienced it too. After an overnight snowfall, staff cleans off the cars of ALL guests. Can't put a price on going out to a cleaned off car on a frigid morning.
-There is a beautiful patio with comfy chairs and a gas firepit. I wanted to go out there in the evening, but the firepit wasn't on. All I had to do was ask, and literally within 2 minutes someone turned it on(wish I knew his name). He even opened a curtain and pointed out to me that I can now see the big screen TV and watch the hockey game from out there.
-This most recent stay, I was the Rewards Customer of the Day. My name was posted behind the front desk, I received a personalized card good for a free drink at the Bistro, and thanked me for my loyalty.
- The service at the Bistro was top notch. Quick service, good food. Joye at breakfast was wonderful and so friendly. She has been every time. At least this time I remembered her name.

All in all, this may be the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. I live less than an hour away, and its perfect for a relaxing night away from home for me. Weekend rates are generally a great deal since the hotel is located in a business park area. Its close to major highways, but very quiet. I will be back.....soon.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face the highway, but are still very quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo