“Excellent Sushi and Hibachi”
Review of Ichiban Steakhouse

Ichiban Steakhouse
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have not been back to Benihana since the Ichiban opened up so close by.

The shrimp sauce is heavenly, the service is spot on, and the food is predictably good each and every time I have been in there (30-50 times).

Tip: Even for you NON-Sushi eaters: Order the tuna tataki appetizer ($8) as it is pepper seared tuna covered in 3 sauces you will literally want to take a long swim in (yeah, that good). In is one of my five favorite appetizers in any restaurant, in any genre, in any country.

Benihana (Pittsburgh), in my opinion, appears to get a better quality of beef and seafood, however, it is not enough of a difference for me to drive 40 minutes further. However, if I know I'll be heading to the Pittsburgh and want Hibachi it will absolutely be Benihana. Eff Nakama.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

They put on a show making dinner- Hibachi style steak house pretty tasty too. no wait with reservations. table is for 8. We had 3 so we shared space but not food with others.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This place rocks! always have wonderful service, CC the bartender is great, Roger the manager always makes sure your visit is a great experience, and a very nice guy. Great food and Great staff!!

Reviewed 12 May 2013

On several times my husband & i have had small items missing from our take out order like rice, extra shrimp sauce that was paid for ect. This order was placed on 10 May 2013, for take out, and the lobster was not in the meal. The Mgr. "Roger" was extremely unprofessional and made no attempt to resolve the problem. Will never eat here again. Poor service on take out!!! I place the same order every Friday at 5:30PM. Please beware of this restaurant.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

There was no option to review the robinson location, which is where we went. It was a last minute Friday night dinner. We got there about 6:45pm, were seated in the dining section right away, but it took at least 10 min before a waiter came by to greet us. When he finally did, he took our drink and food order at the same time. I had wine, 2 vegetable sushi rolls and the Valentine Roll. My husband ordered chicken teriyaki and a yeungling. It was rather busy when we got there, but our food came out in about 20 min. My sushi was delicious and totally hit the spot. The husband's meal was ok, nothing special, just average. Presentation was very nice

1  Thank Beachpuppies

Been to Ichiban Steakhouse? Share your experiences!