“Charming”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have been here for after work drinks (amazing Limoncello martini- sunshine in a cup!) and dinner, but also out with the family. Both times the food was excellent; the staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the menu items. The food is fantastic and they are accommodating. My youngest daughter is a picky eater so all she wanted was pasta and sauce, and that is what she got! She loved it. Their tiramisu is out of this world. I highly recommend the Rhode Island Calamari.

2  Thank ktmamom
There are newer reviews for Basso's

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Quite honestly, in the first minutes of our time at Basso I had already crafted a poor review in my mind. Hostess ducked my question about what was really good on the menu, sat us next to the kitchen door in an awkwardly long table for two, waiter neglected to mention the specials that were on a dimly lit blackboard outside, and while the interior decorations were quite warm and inviting (loved the lighting and stone archways), the staff could use some training.

Then came the food. Having just spend 2 wonderful weeks in Italy, we were prepared for a letdown but instead received thoroughly enjoyable fare. The house salad with roasted veges and interesting dressing was a cut above most, as was the tomato/mozzarella salad drizzled with balsamic. The chicken florentine on a bed of pasta was just fantastic. Masterfully combined with eggplant, artichoke, tomato, cheese... making myself hungry again just thinking about it!

Before writing this, I noticed the "mushy pasta" review. I enjoy firmer (al dente) pasta, and can't say the noodles were as such, but they thankfully weren't to the point of mushy.

Pricing seemed on the high side (some entrees topping $35), but there are enough options towards 20-25 end for us to come back again sometime.

1  Thank Roadtripper111
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We loved Basso's. We dined there our last night in town as an upscale alternative to dining at the lodge again. Service, atmosphere, food, and value were among the things we appreciated most.

1  Thank HMJNJ
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I cannot believe anyone would give this place a good review for the food. I have had better pasta out of a can. Filthy bathrooms and rude waitstaff. They are serving overpriced overdone pasta. I ordered the gnocchi special appetizer with fresh tomato sauce with basil. It was not fresh and the pasta was so overdone it was mush on my plate. Absolutely disgusting. My husband's cesare salad smelled so bad he sent it back. For an entree I ordered the tilapia special in lemon sauce. It was also overdone and mushy. Smothered in sauce you just know they were trying to hide something.The spinach and beans served with it were also overdone and ice cold. The only nice thing I can say about this overpriced disaster is the ambiance was nice. The chairs are also so uncomfortable I could not wait to get out of there. Avoid this place like the plague!

8  Thank Colleen G
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We had to wait till Wed to eat here and it was well worth it. The spaghetti with clams was the best my husband has had in years. I had the pasta with prosioutto and peas in a cream sauce. Delicious. We were unable to take the leftovers with us as we were staying at Skytop Lodge but we thought about the flavors the next day on our way back home to western PA. A good reason to return to the Pocono's.