“Weekend Away” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Cresco B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Weekend Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We needed a little Getaway from the craziness of NYC, so we booked reservations at Crescent Lodge & Country Inn in Cresco PA. Ruth was there to check us in, and always with a warm greeting and smile! We were so excited because it was the first time we were there in April! The
Devonshire-Private Jacuzzi Cottage is our favorite place to stay! The Restaurant's Waitresses and Managers welcomed us with such warm greetings we felt like family! The Food and drinks were amazing, we had dinner there for three evenings, with music of the piano. I have told many of our friends and family to visit the Crescent Lodge & Country Inn.

Room Tip: In the 10 years returning to Crescent Lodge, Our favorite Cottage is the Devonshire, it is so beauti...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Crescentlodgepa, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Lodge & Country Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. Ruth was so excited to hear your kind words about her excellent customer service skills. The entire staff was very happy to read your review. Everyone takes great pride in making your stay here at the Crescent Lodge a memorable one. See you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

My boyfriend and I booked the Lodge for a weekend getaway. We found the place on Groupon and were extremely pleased with our stay. We were in a cabin with a fireplace/jacuzzi and loved it. The room was a bit dated, but that's part of the charm. The room was very clean and plenty big. The jacuzzi did not run out of hot water halfway through filling it like another review stated. In fact, the water was extremely hot.
The grounds were gorgeous and it was so quiet. It was nice to sit on the deck and drink some wine. We ate at the Lodge restaurant one of the nights and it was amazing. Our waitress was delightful and the food was excellent. I got the Salmon special and it was cooked perfectly. My boyfriend got the ribeye and it came with a tasty horseradish sauce.
The only (slightly) negative I'd give this place was the breakfast. However, it was free and what you would expect for a continental breakfast. I would barely even consider this a negative considering the fact that the rest of the accommodations were excellent. I would definitely recommend this for a romantic weekend getaway.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Crescentlodgepa, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Lodge & Country Inn, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We are so happy that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again.
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed in Nearbrook cottage (Jacuzzi cottage) for two nights in late-April.

General observations:
1) A buffet breakfast is included - orange/grapefruit juice, tea/coffee, cereal, scrambled eggs/omelette, bacon, sausage, waffles/pancakes, toast, yoghurt, melon. I'm picky about my breakfasts and this one was reasonable, although waffles were pre-made and too dry.

2) Free Wifi is available in the lounge area but does not reach out into cottages. Reception is generally poor in the neighbourhood.

3) Free Parking.

4) Swimming pool was empty, and tennis court net had been removed. If you're hoping to use these facilities, check ahead!

5) There's a grassy area where children can play football etc.

6) Walmart, Bushkill falls, Taco Bell, Outlet mall within easy reach.

7) Dinner menu has no entree under $20.

Specific Observations regarding Nearbrook cottage:
1) Most attractive feature is the jacuzzi room. More than big enough for two, skylight, and plenty of hot water.

2) Bedroom and shower/toilet room is rather dated (as someone has already said, like visiting Grandma's!). TV needing upgrade. No DVD player. However, the fireplace is easy to use and logs are replaced everyday.

3) Queen-sized bed. Not particularly memorable.

Conclusion:
Decor is a bit tired, but if you're looking for a relaxing, and charming destination this place is definitely worth your consideration. Make sure you research the types of rooms available and specify the one you're after.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mqbd
Crescentlodgepa, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Lodge & Country Inn, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time post your review. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I have shared your comments with the owner on certain items that you have mentioned. Our outdoor features to the property are open Memorial Day weekend (pool, tennis courts)
We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Poconos.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I purchased the Groupon deal after looking through different places to stay in the area. We stayed in a cottage with fireplace only, but did not utilize the fireplace because of the warmer weather. They did provide a free log to use if we would have chosen to use it.
We arrived later than expected and met who I believe was the owner, who was very nice and gave us our key to the cottage. The cottage was dated, but very clean. I think some of the furnishings added to the charm of the location and area in which we stayed. The outdoor scenery was absolutely beautiful! There were a few small things that could have been changed, but we definitely enjoyed ourselves.
The front desk staff was very helpful and considerate and provided a sheet of directions to different points of interest in the area. We did hiking during the day and went to Mt Airy casino at dark (very close to lodge).
Overall, it was a pleasant stay. I gave 4/5 stars but a few minor things would have raised my rating. I thought breakfast could have been significantly improved, but I read that Sunday breakfast is much better than during the week (we did not stay Sunday). We were also provided an ice bucket but couldn't figure out where the ice was. Also, a king bed would have been better than a queen.
I would also like to suggest that the hotel add a deal for dinner to staying guests, maybe some type of coupon? We would have liked to try the restaurant, but weren't sure if we would enjoy it based on the menu. All of the reviews about the restaurant are really good, but some type of deal may attract those who stay in the hotel/cottages to try it.
Thank you for a nice stay! We hope to come back if we go to the Poconos again!:)

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank CoolCelloChick
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am very pleased that we were able to provide an enjoyable stay for you. I have informed the owner of your comments for possible improvements.
We look forward to seeing you again in the furture.
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I were just there for our 34th anniversary and loved it. We wanted to stay an extra night but our cottage room was booked so they upgraded us to a different cottage which we actually liked better for the same rate as the one we were in. They had the new one cleaned and ready for us in less then an hour

Everyone was very friendly. The first day we were there we ran out of hot water. I called the desk and in less then 5 minutes it was fixed.

The food at the restaurant was delicious too. I had the French onion soup. Loved it. My husband loved the London broil.

Yes phone service for Sprint is pitiful but then again you aren't in a major city. It's meant to be romantic.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a jacuzzi. Highly recommend it.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Crescentlodgepa, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Lodge & Country Inn, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. We are happy you had such a great Anniversary, and we hope to see you here for your 35th Anniversary.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

You won't be able to get signal if your phone career is sprint etc...there's no wifi in the cottages only in the lobby area ...the rooms are very small and very outdated.I was very disappointed never again.

Room Tip: The cottages are bigger but no wifi ...
1 Thank Allan l
Thank you for sharing your candid comments with us. Unfortunately we have no control over the signal your cell phone carrier provides. We are so sorry you were not happy with the internet that was provided.
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Crescent Lodge & Country Inn was light-years better than the awful (my experiences) hotel options in the Mount Pocono/Tannersville area. The entire place (lobby, restaurant, public areas, hotel room, bathrooms, gift shop and yes...the kitchen....I snooped) are immaculate. Although some areas may be dated, they are perfectly maintained. My impression of our hotel room (vs. the cottage option) reminded me of "visiting grandmom's house". Cozy and warm and decorated like a home not a commercial hotel. Heck.....they even had "Readers Digest" on the table!

Our room 12 on the 2nd floor was a great second floor perch. The nearby "Exit" sign was not lighted and not in compliance with fire code standards. The door to the room does not have an automatic closer. The mattress was new but hard as a rock. The pad for the bed covered the mattress surface and was very very thin. I love the room, but slept like absolute crap!

The breakfast was called "Continental" but WOW......Quiche, Bacon, all sorts of breads, fruit? Outstanding and a tranquil dining room. The dinner menu looked incredible, creative and very reasonably priced. Wish we weren't committed for dinner or I would have loved to dine there. The staff is fabulous and very genuine.

Honestly, I can't wait to return, but I will bring a pillow top cushion for the bed (I'm very serious). The desk clerk said the mattresses were the same in the cottages too (:-( Crescent Lodge is sooooooo much better than the horrible accommodations in the area. Next time, we may try the cottages for a couples getaway with friends. I HATE shopping but they do have a very nice gift shop to shed my hard earned money.

Room Tip: 12 on the 2nd floor for the hotel area.....not sure about the cottages
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoadTripper516
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The entire staff was very excited to hear your kind words about them. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us as well. I have brought these comments to the attention of the owner. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cresco
The Inn at Pocono Manor
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,207 reviews

Been to Crescent Lodge & Country Inn? Share your experiences!