First I want to qualify this review: This is not a 5 Star Resort with a $500/night price tag.
I felt the need to start with that after reading some of the other reviews, as it is my opinion that these folks simply had unreasonable expectations.
We are a 40-something couple who has stayed virtually everywhere in the Poconos over our 20+ year marriage, and this one stacks up as one of the overall best values of the bunch!
At our late check-in, they were fast and friendly and told us everything we needed to know about the property/restaurant/etc including a map to our cabin and a menu for their onsite restaurant.
We stayed in Paradise #2.
The room was a bit stuffy when we first went in, but we turned on the a/c and opened the sliding door and it aired out in minutes. Two TVs, a fireplace (with duraflame log ready to go!), 2 sinks and mirrors, a very nice seating area by a bay window and a loveseat across from the fireplace itself. A very nice sized one room cabin with bath, never felt crowded even for a second.
Private sundeck off the back with two very nice deck chairs with covers. Please note, the deck is private as in only for your use... Not private as in it allows for privacy.
The lodge and the cabin were perfectly clean, neat and well maintained.
Is the furniture new and modern? No, and I was glad for it. A real country cabin feel without being overly rustic. No hokey Champagne Whirlpool or other cheesy appliances either!
The bathtub/shower surround were new and nice. The formica in the bathroom was probably new before I had my first kid, but nevertheless was whistle clean and very well maintained.
Two nights in a private cabin, with awesome breakfast each morning, for @$400 including all taxes and fees is one heck of a deal for a super property within a few miles drive of everything from Camelback/Camelbeach, the Crossings and Mt Airy Casino??
Again, other than staying in one of the cookie cutter motels/hotels on 611 next to an all-night Taco Bell, you really couldn't pay less or get more.
Kudos to the folks at Crescent Lodge for maintaining the traditional Pocono Resort atmosphere without the ridiculous rip-off pricing or the cheesy decor and environment!
As long as your last name is not TRUMP, and you are not seeking to spend the night at the Taj Mahal, you will be thrilled with this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “A Romantic Country Inn”At Crescent Lodge and Country Inn your will experience immaculate accommodations, fireplaces, whirlpool tubs and canopy beds with plush thick comforters. Select from a standard room in the main lodge or a cottage located on our 10 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds. Free Wifi is included in the main lodge.Our guests can enjoy continental breakfast every morning from 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.The Crescent Lodge Restaurant and Bar:Our renowned on-site restaurant is open year round serving American cuisine. The Crescent Lodge restaurant has been nominated several times by the Pocono Record as one of the most romantic restaurants in the Pocono Mountain region.Antique Gift Shop:The Inn's popular gift shop is stocked with handmade jewelry, antiques and other items.We are conveniently located in the heart of Pocono Mountains. Within an arm reach to Camelback Ski Resort and Camelback Beach, Mount Airy Casino, Pocono Raceway and The Crossing Premium Outlets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crescent Lodge & Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crescent Lodge & Country Hotel Cresco
- Crescent Lodge And Country Inn
- Country Inn Cresco
- Cresco Country Inn