“A hidden gem!”

Crescent Lodge & Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Cresco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2014

First I want to qualify this review: This is not a 5 Star Resort with a $500/night price tag.
I felt the need to start with that after reading some of the other reviews, as it is my opinion that these folks simply had unreasonable expectations.

We are a 40-something couple who has stayed virtually everywhere in the Poconos over our 20+ year marriage, and this one stacks up as one of the overall best values of the bunch!

At our late check-in, they were fast and friendly and told us everything we needed to know about the property/restaurant/etc including a map to our cabin and a menu for their onsite restaurant.

We stayed in Paradise #2.

The room was a bit stuffy when we first went in, but we turned on the a/c and opened the sliding door and it aired out in minutes. Two TVs, a fireplace (with duraflame log ready to go!), 2 sinks and mirrors, a very nice seating area by a bay window and a loveseat across from the fireplace itself. A very nice sized one room cabin with bath, never felt crowded even for a second.

Private sundeck off the back with two very nice deck chairs with covers. Please note, the deck is private as in only for your use... Not private as in it allows for privacy.

The lodge and the cabin were perfectly clean, neat and well maintained.

Is the furniture new and modern? No, and I was glad for it. A real country cabin feel without being overly rustic. No hokey Champagne Whirlpool or other cheesy appliances either!

The bathtub/shower surround were new and nice. The formica in the bathroom was probably new before I had my first kid, but nevertheless was whistle clean and very well maintained.

Two nights in a private cabin, with awesome breakfast each morning, for @$400 including all taxes and fees is one heck of a deal for a super property within a few miles drive of everything from Camelback/Camelbeach, the Crossings and Mt Airy Casino??

Again, other than staying in one of the cookie cutter motels/hotels on 611 next to an all-night Taco Bell, you really couldn't pay less or get more.

Kudos to the folks at Crescent Lodge for maintaining the traditional Pocono Resort atmosphere without the ridiculous rip-off pricing or the cheesy decor and environment!

As long as your last name is not TRUMP, and you are not seeking to spend the night at the Taj Mahal, you will be thrilled with this property.

Room Tip: Go for a cabin! More than worth the price of admission and the privacy provided. They also have...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Just_Steve_35
Crescentlodgepa, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Lodge & Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this incredible review with us. The sense of pride and joy that showed on the staff and owners faces when I shared this review, was beyond what words can describe. We have been here for 65 years now, and our commitment to our guests and property is what separates us from everyone else. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The food and the service were excellent! I had the pork osso bucco. Meat fell off the bone and the seasonings were outstanding. My husband had the pappardelle with bolognese. He raved about it. Great place for fine dining in the Poconos.

• Stayed: June 2014
Crescentlodgepa, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Lodge & Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us. The staff was very excited to hear your kind words about your experience at the restaurant. Please stop by again very soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed in the inn our room was very small and only one access to an outlet not even close to a mirror for hair blow dryer. Room smelled musty, no elevator to room, no info on lodge given at check in no hours given for breakfast went down at 7:30 nothing ready. Very disappointed!! Friends stayed in cabin there and it also had same must smell as we were looking to make sure we had everything found someone's slippers under the bed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christy S
Crescentlodgepa, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Lodge & Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your candid comments with us. We are so sorry that you were not happy with your stay. The issues that you brought to our attention, will be used for training tools for the staff. I hope that you will give us another chance when you are in the area again.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in February on a ski trip with my boyfriend. We had a regular room with one bed. Room was nice, a little outdated. The place was very quiet, barely saw any other guests. We were definitely the youngest people there by far. Had dinner at the bar one night, food was great! So was breakfast.

There's really nothing bad I can say about the place, but I wouldn't recommend for young couples looking for a fun getaway. I would most likely go back though.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Crescent Lodge. From myself and the entire staff we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My Wife and I were looking for a nice place to get married in the Poconos. I did a search and this place was one of the first places to pop up, We went there with a list of ideas for our wedding. The accommodated all of them? The staff is so incredibly nice, and the food was amazing. We had our ceremony at the chapel down the road, which they recommended, and it was perfect. Our reception took place in their dining room. It was a small wedding (50 people) but our food was all served hot, and it didn't take a long time from start to finish. The room we stayed in was beautiful, and so comfortable. The Edgewood cabin was where we stayed. It is on the edge of the field, and very privet. They let us hold our rehearsal dinner at our room, since it is so open. This was a dream wedding for both my wife and I. We had planned on staying an extra day after the wedding to decompress, and we really didn't want to leave. We are most definitely planning on returning for anniversaries.

Room Tip: The cabins are worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Crescentlodgepa, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Lodge & Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your review with. From the entire staff we are so proud that you chose us for your wedding and that we were able to meet all of your expectations. We enjoyed getting to know everyone in the wedding party, and look forward to your stay with us for many wedding anniversaries.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was our second stay here and I felt the need to write a review. My husband and i like to get into the car and "get lost" and the first time we "got lost" we called the Crescent Lodge and they had a room available and was also willing to give us 15% off same day booking. That stay was about 9 months ago. My husband I and I decided to "get lost" this past Saturday and basically we already knew where we wanted to "get lost" to. We started driving to PA and then called the Crescent to see if they had any availability. They did and we were very happy! The Crescent Lodge not only has wonderful Jacuzzi and Fireplace cabins, but their bar and restaurant are wonderful! I would recommend this place to everyone. And we can't wait to bring the kids to swim in the pool!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are so happy you love getting lost here at the Crescent Lodge :-)
We hope to see you again very soon and we thank you for becoming a part of our family.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Wow!!
After carefully checking out reviews for our anniversary weekend, Crescent Lodge kept standing out as the best place to go. We have been visiting the Pocono area for the last fifteen years and we have stayed at some places that were a complete let down. Crescent Lodge had some very nice pictures on their website and I was not sure if the Inn would actually look like this. Well, the pictures on their site are just as they are in person. We stayed at the Mountain Jacuzzi cottage.
BEAUTIFUL!!! Cabin was immaculate. The Jacuzzi had plenty of hot water. Deck in the back was an added bonus! Quiet. I do not have one negative thing to say about the cabin.
Ruth at the front desk was great. She took time out of her day to advise me on the many new and exciting changes that were happening in the area.
We had no problem with our cell phone coverage, and yes we have Sprint. I was able to keep in contact with our daughter the entire weekend.
Yes, the Mountain Jacuzzi cabin is pricey, but for the price and for what I know is out there in the area, this establishment is number 1 in my book. I will certainly be coming back to the Crescent Lodge!! Thank you Crescent Lodge for a wonderful anniversary!

2  Thank Cindy M
Crescentlodgepa, Guest Relations Manager at Crescent Lodge & Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us. We are so happy that you spent and shared your Anniversary with us, and that we were able to provide a memorable experience. Ruth was thrilled to hear the great comments you shared about her excellent customer service skills. We hope to see you again in the future and for many more Anniversary celebrations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cresco
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Skytop
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Crescent Lodge & Country Inn? Share your experiences!