“An enchanted stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crescent Lodge & Country Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crescent Lodge & Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Cresco B&B and Inns
Marlboro, New Jersey
“An enchanted stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed overnight in one of the cabins as our first getaway together. It was extremely romantic and beautiful. The fire crackling in the fireplace and the hot tub room with its nice, comfy chairs were lovely. The only time we left our cabin was to take a walk through the picturesque snowfall to the restaurant in the lodge. My only slight issues with the place was, as someone else said, the decor in the cabins was quite '80s-ish, which was not a big deal, but for the price, I would expect better. The robes were a nice touch.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

My husband, adult son, and I were in the area to attend a funeral - and the Paradise I room was a welcome retreat for us. Our room was clean, comfortable, and the extra cot we had requested for our son was already set up when we arrived. The fireplace was easy to light and everything we needed (including instructions) was ready for use. Breakfast the following morning was excellent! (Which featured a perfectly cooked Egg-Bacon-Potato Casserole which was delicious!) Our only quibble was that the cot for my son was the kind that collapses in the middle a bit when one lies on it, and made for a stiff back in the morning.) The queen sized bed however, was nicely firm and comfortable. It's really a lovely room, and we hope to stay another time under happier circumstances!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StephSell
St. Marys, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

I can't say how much my husband and I love this place.....It's everything the website says....exactly!! Friendly staff - they'll go out of their way to help you and see that you're satisfied.....kinda "back in time" (70's 80's) but hey, it was very clean and relaxing.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2010

I've been to countless hotels around the world and for this review I'm trying to base it on the ideal of what I was looking for on this short getaway. I wanted something classy, quaint and cozy combined with the comforts of home minus the noise. After a failed attempt at planning something for the Lake Placid region in the Adirondacks I turned my focus to something a bit closer. Based on my research through TripAdvisor and the property's website I took the plunge. In desperate need to get some R&R I booked a 2 night weekend stay at the Crescent lodge for the Edgewood Suite. I believe this is their second nicest offering in terms of jacuzzi cottages. Had no problems with the booking process as it went very smoothly. Checking in / customer service was great; welcoming and helpful with any questions. Our cottage was all the way in the back of the property with a beautiful view of an open grassy field and woodland. Private and back towards the corner of the property which was wonderful for us. The cottage itself was very cozy, clean and well maintained but definitely showing its age. I found the older style fridge and stove added to its charm. However for a $400 dollars a night there are a few things I would have liked to see different. For instance I would recommend to change out the bed mattress/box spring to a more updated bed. The wall paper with flowers were also very tacky and dated. The florescent bulb for the bathroom sink is horrible and looked very cheap. Lastly the TV could seriously go for an update to a flat screen. For one reason or another I could never get all the lamps to work in the cottage- some would work and others simply refused to, this was the same for some of the outlets which got very frustrating. I would have liked to see a welcome kit, maybe a bottle of wine / champagne or even a note etc considering this was one of the best rooms. Last and biggest gripe I would have would be a pet peeve of mine. Upon check in I was asked to leave a 5 dollar deposit for the room key in case it was lost. To me this just cheapened my experience BIG TIME. This made no sense to me at all- and gave me the feeling of checking into a motel 6. We could've been simply told that if the key was lost, a 5 dollar lost key fee would be incurred etc. I'm sure this has been a long standing procedure of the property but it was utterly pointless and avoidable. I feel that Crescent lodge has a lot of potential however needs to figure out the rough edges in what it wants to be. During my stay I couldn't figure out if I were staying at a rustic B&B, a posh motel or a countryside Inn. I believe the perfect example of this is the lobby / receptionist area. Very quaint and cozy upon entering but once you look past the receptionist desk you see this huge tacky motel style glass window. Kind of reminded me of some car service dispatch room or some 70's shag pad sex motel. Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Crescent Lodge but probably will not return for a repeat visit.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Hillsborough, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

After a hot summer in the Southeast, some friends suggested we join them for a long weekend getaway at their favorite lodge in the Poconos. We shared a cottage that had two 1 bedroom units each with a large jacuzzi. The Cottage was very clean, well maintained & charming. Staff was very friendly and had been working at the resort for many years. Breakfast is an expanded continental daily, with an expanded omelette menu on Sundays which is included in the rate. No lunch service, but the dinners in the restaurant were excellant and they had an excellent pianist. Very popular with locals and vacation home owners for dinner, which is always a good sign. The owners were very visable, Bob around the Lodge & Restaurant & Carol runs the antique furnishings & jewelry shop. The selection and prices in the shop were great and we got a great deal of holiday shopping done. We also played golf & did a little gaming at the Mt. Airy Casino just down the road. Alot of activities in the area with easy access.
The only regret that we had is that we were to early to see the fall colors, maybre next year!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

We just got back from a 2-day stay at Crescent Lodge. There are positives and negatives here. We took a room in the main Lodge b/c our stay was short. The cottages have jaccuzi and fireplace(we didnt check them out)
Positive: Clean, breakfast is included and had a good variety ( we dont like to pig out early in the morning). Close to most restaurants and Shopping Outlet. Clean and staff is friendly and ready to answer your questions and recommend any activities you might be interested in. Clean pool.
Negatives:
Room smells, has an old TV and the AC in the window very loud, we could not sleep very well because of that. Even though the property is well-kept and very green, the pool area by the ping pong table could have been cleaner. They close their doors at 10pm and open at 7am, nobody at the front desk at night-I like the feeling that we are not alone, so to speak.
Overall, for one or 2 nights ok, would not stay there longer than that.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Klorina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

I spent the July 4th Weekend at the Crescent Lodge and overall I enjoyed my stay. This place is much different than the type of places I usually stay at. The Crecent Lodge is very old school and has a lot of character that most newer place lack. If you're looking for brand new type of place, this isn't the place for you. This is an older property but it's very well maintained. There are a few things I would change to update it, like instead of having VCR's in the room, switch them out for DVD's. Not many people use VCR's anymore. Also I would include a few more choices in the free breakfast. It was good enough but small things like offering a low fat milk option would be nice for those of us who don't like whole milk.

I really enjoyed the old time bar at the Crescent Lodge. It was just a nice place to relax with a drink. The pool area is nice but it was a little too hot during my stay to take advantage of it.

I did enjoy my stay at the Crescent Lodge and I'm sure I will return again.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cresco
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,529 reviews

Been to Crescent Lodge & Country Inn? Share your experiences!