“"What a gem"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cresson
Cresson House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Cresson B&B and Inns
Clayton, Nonth Carolina
“"What a gem"”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Cresson House. The visit was too short but the accommodations far exceeded our expectations. Our gang occupied 3 immaculate and beautifully decorated bedrooms containing anything we might need. We all found the beds extremely comfortable. The breakfast exceeded that of many 5 star hotels. Thank you for your amazing hospitality Marti and Steve.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

A lovely historic home converted into a B&B with heart and character. Book in the shared living room traces the renovations. Most rooms with private bathroom. Very comfortable with cable and internet. Gourmet breakfast with all guests. Locally owned and willing to help suggest sights to see.

• Stayed October 2012
Kenton, Ohio
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We spent a weekend in Cresson visiting family. We arrived late, but our son had gotten the key for us ahead of our arrival. We found the house inviting and very convenient. The room was very comfortable, bathroom very pleasant. Marti and Steve are great hosts and very easy to talk with. Breakfast was more than enough and absolutely delicious. If you need a place to stay in Cresson, call them ahead to book your stay, I know we will again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Burke, Virginia
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at Cresson House while we were traveling through PA going to the Groundhog festival. The location is ideal for photographers and rail-fans alike who are looking to be close to train tracks, but not directly on top of them. My boyfriend is a photographer and enjoyed the town of Cresson for it's numerous outlook points of rail traffic. The inn-keepers, Marti and Steve were so accommodating with our travel schedule, whether it was an arrival time or when to serve breakfast, in light of a very snowy weekend. They kept the property clean and tidy inside and out. We stayed in the Prince Gallitzin Room and highly recommend it. We also had the opportunity to see a majority of the other rooms available and would have enjoyed any of the options!! It was an additional pleasure to have Marti sit with us during breakfast and share stories of how the business started and also get to know us as well. My boyfriend and I have been to several other B&B's and this has to be our favorite experience yet!! Will definitely stay here again when we come back to PA.

Room Tip: Prince Gallitzin Room was an excellent spacious room with a private bath. The shower might be a bit...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer O
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Beautiful house, comfortable bedroom with a private bath and all of the amenities. Breakfast in the morning was just...perfect. Marti and Steve go the extra mile to make you feel at home! If you are traveling to this area and need accommodations, The Cresson House should be #1 on your list!!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Shello513
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Cresson House for 3 nights recently and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The hosts, Marti and Steve are so friendly and welcoming and they make every effort to be sure their guests are comfortable. The house was beautifully decorated for the Holidays and everything was spotlessly clean. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer D
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I’ve stayed at many B&B’s up and down the east coast over the last 25 years and this is by far the very best establishment. I am a very picky and clean-freakish person and I can honestly say that I have no problem walking around in my bare feet… which is something I would never dream of doing anywhere except in my own home. Everything… food, beds, furnishings, parking, everything was top quality. The owners are terrific. After talking to Marti on the phone arranging my stay and meeting her, I felt like I’ve known her all my life. She is so pleasant, full of personality, professional and humble… quite the beauty in many ways.
We’ve met some wonderful guest at the breakfast table that have left an imprint on my heart forever. Last August, 2011, Marti was able to accommodate my brother and his wife from California, my sister from Georgia, and my other two sisters from Virginia (I traveled from Tennessee) in the B&B. It was truly a family reunion since it had been 5 years since we last saw our CA brother and sister-in-law. I slept in a room with my wonderful sister, Carol, who died just 5 months later. It was a very special bonding for us and I am grateful for the comfortable surrounding that afforded us that time together. I happen to be driving tomorrow to stay at Marti’s and my sister and her husband are there from Georgia. The house is so centrally located that we can be in Altoona, Loretto, Ashville, Ebensburg, Patton and many other small towns in just 15 minutes.
Long story short, I can’t recommend a better place to stay than Cresson House Bed and Breakfast. It is 100% better than any hotel or motel in the entire area, guaranteed. They shall always have my business.

Room Tip: Every room is great and I've stayed in three of them.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Donna V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cresson
Quality Inn
Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown
Quality Inn and Suites
Quality Inn and Suites
#6 of 7 in Johnstown

Been to Cresson House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!