“Long weekend getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Updated Enclosed Porch
View from house
fishing
View from house
Sitting area outside cottage
Chiminea for late night fires
Breakfast with a view of the river
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Long weekend getaway ”
Reviewed 11 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My husband and I spent a fantastic long weekend here for our 3rd anniversary. Pat and her husband were great hosts, very helpful. We had two small issues, with the bed and the shower drain, but I have faith they will be fixed immediately. Nice town and nice people. We'd book again for sure!

Management Response
12 Oct 2015
Both issues have been taken care of. We appreciate your letting us know. Sometimes in the country these drains are slow but it has been addressed. Otherwise we are pleased that you enjoyed our Cozy Cottage.
Pat
Steve R
Audubon
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 9 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Very nice place to stay at. The owners were really awesome people and went way above and beyond. I will definitely rent again from them if it's available. I asked my girlfriend to marry me on the bank of the river by the fire. You couldn't ask for a Better set up. Plenty of restaurants and bars in the near by town across the bridge.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Monica R
Houston, United States
“Calm and Beautiful”
Reviewed 2 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Our host could not have been more welcoming and helpful. Their cottage is small but relaxing and quiet. The river is beautiful and it was peaceful having coffee in the enclosed porch every morning. It isn't fancy if that is what you are after but it is clean and off the beaten path which is what we wanted. We had a small issue with a drain and the host had it corrected right away. I would add that the internet connectivity was great. I got 4G with my MIFI which is unusual for the area. I wasn't expecting good service.

Liked best: The enclosed porch
Liked least: The beds
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
maralat
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“The amazing and beautiful sweet cottage”
Reviewed 30 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

This was the perfect stay for my husband and I. We wanted a place where we can get away from "everyday life" and go somewhere peaceful and relaxing. This cottage did just that. We got the beautiful view of the lake, the trees, the amazing sun-room in the cottage where we spent hours playing games, and that outdoor patio that was to die for. I loved having our date nights outside, and on Saturday we did a little fire in the chimnea. The weather was perfect for kayaking which is included in the price and my husband and I definitely bonded through that scenic experience. It was the perfect stay for our anniversary getaway weekend and we recommend it to anyone that goes!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
debbiemG4...
Easton, Pennsylvania
“this is a great place to stay”
Reviewed 8 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

we just spent 2 nights at this wonderful place. first night there were 4 adults. the house has everything you could ask for. the owners are wonderful and will help with anything you request. great little place to stay. very quiet. short distance to callacoon new york. would definitely stay there again. spent my birthday there. it was great. be back next year for sure. beds were very comfortable and all slept soundly. thanks

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: peaseful. quiet .
Liked least: being on a hill.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Jersey City
Reviewed 5 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the owners love and support and the cottage has everything that we needed.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Reviewed 17 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Management Response
25 Jun 2015
Thanks for the positive review. It was a pleasure having you stay at our cottage. I truly love having people enjoy the tranquility of our place on the Delaware.
Pat
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing