“Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed for one week night in September. This hotel has been completely upgraded and is beautiful and clean. Our room turned out to be a two-queen unit with a separate room with a pull out couch and TV. It was spacious and well laid out with lots of room for storage and room for a family of four to spread out. It was a nice surprise to find a REAL hair dryer (not the standard attached-to-the-wall-shuts-off-after-3-minutes hotel version).

Service by the front desk was excellent and welcoming.

The only downsides - this hotel allows smoking which leaves it with that faint odour that takes away from the lovely decor. The bathroom was not equipped with a fan either, unless they have one of those "silent" fans some hotels claim they have (which NEVER work). Pillows were a bit too soft for my liking but that is a preference issue of course.

Danville itself is a bit of a sketchy town and the hotel is far more upscale than its community. However a great place to stop and rest while travelling. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: The rooms that feature two queens and a pullout couch offer an extra room (with the couch, a dresser...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Again.. Hampton Inn did a wonderful job. We got a two room suite with two queen size beds & a queen size pull out for a standard room price. Room was clean and well maintained. Front desk was cheerful and very helpful in suggesting nearby places for dinner. Their dinner recommendation was terrific. Breakfast was a bit slow, but that was probably due to a large number of people coming down at once.
Checkout was simple & fast.. We will definitely stay there again..

Room Tip: Definitely reserve the two room suite.. Great value...
Mineola, Long Island, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We loved it here! The staff was overwhelmingly accomodating and friendly. This should be classified as a five star hotel.The place was immaculate. There is no other place we would stay. My kids loved making their own waffles and the pool was just perfect! The staff deserve a lot of credit, they really go above and beyond in making sure everything was perfect. The hotel also has lovely signs and pictures all over the place, even in the elevator! It was just a warm experience. Wouldn't stay anywhere else when going to Knoebels!

guys mills, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

they were very nice helping me get my family in the hotel and getting a room quickly. we were very tired and went to the hotel behind them and they were way over priced compared to the hampton inn. also the hampton inn had better service, looked nicer and newer, and it looked and smelled clean. i will be going there again.

Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Arrived early and the staff was very accomdating in changing our room and allowing us to check in early. Hotel was very clean, staff very nice, breakfast was included with our room and was very nice and convenient. Was very pleased with our stay and would stay at Hampton during all our future travels. Thank you Hampton-Danville.

Califon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Our family really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We spent a long, fun day at Knoebles Amusement Park. The ride from the park was about 20 minutes, which was great late at night. The hotel was clean and served hot coffee and hot chocolate right in the lobby. The room was modern, clean and very comfortable for a family of five. We also enjoyed the pool, fitness center and hot, complimentary breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful. We most likely will return again next year and will book our stay at the Hampton Inn in Danville.

NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I spent a lot of time researching hotels close to Knoebels amusement park. We had gone to Knoebels before but stayed at a friend's house, however, now that we have our own kids, thought it would be best to stay on our own. I read A LOT of review of this property and the Hampton Inn and Comfort Suites in Bloomsburg and was still unsure about this hotel. I couldn't get into my first choice in Bloomsburg and was settling down on this hotel but found myself emailing 2 trip advisor reviewers to get more information before booking and was assured by one that it was a good place to stay with young children.

Pros:
1. I was pleasantly surprised at the updated presence of the hotel as I learned it was recently updated. The rooms were extremely clean and even included a note regarding the duvet being cleaned for our stay, which was a nice bonus as I never touch the exterior comforters at any hotel.
2. The staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating on changes we had throughout our planning phase and even during our stay.
3. The included breakfast was sufficient enough to get us going in the morning. It wasn't grand by any means (cereal, breads, muffins and an egg option and 1 meat) but OK.

Cons:
1. I read from another travelor review about the air conditioner having a wet dog odor while running it. Well, my husband (who I had not told about that review) tried running our airconditioning unit and had to immediately shut it off, he started to explain to me that it had a weird odor. When I asked him if it smelled like wet dog and he said Yes, I immediately knew that the experience of the other traveler was not isolated. Hence, this is my main reason for a reduced rating point.

I am not sure why it stinks so bad or if it fixable but I would suggest not staying here on an extremely hot day. Luckily, the day we stayed was not that hot so was ok to keep air off but I feel bad for the person who is dying of heat and has to choose between the heat or the stench. I could not believe it.

2. Location - although a nice 15 miniute drive to Knoebels, the actual location of the hotel is not nice. You drive through an abandoned gas station and then the surroundings of the hotel are also abandoned looking and outright ugly and apparently, stinky. This is something I would caveat to any traveler. We did not care so much as we were just passing through one night and just sleeping, however, for the price that they charge, it should be a bit more desirable on the exterior. The town of Danville however is charming.
3. Toitets are kids sized height. My 6 foot husband almost fell trying to get on it as it was just so close to the ground.

Overall, I would recommend if staying in the area and could not get into the Comfort Inn & Suites in Bloomsburg which I was told is the better place to stay when visiting Knoebels (by various friends). This hotel is clean and staff friendly so other than the stench and location, it is recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
BEST WESTERN Danville Inn
#1 of 7 in Bloomsburg
Super 8 Danville
Super 8 Danville
#4 of 6 in Danville

Been to Hampton Inn Danville? Share your experiences!