“Great Meals, Time after Time”

Old Forge Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: FORGED BY HAND. CRAFTED WITH PRIDE. We opened our doors in 2008 with a few goals in mind: - to make the best beer and food possible - to utilize local business, artisans, farmers, and craftsmen whenever possible - to never sacrifice quality for growth Despite the challenges and obstacles along the way, we’ve done a pretty good job sticking to those principles. Going local isn’t always easy, but it’s worth the extra time, money, and effort. It’s better for the community, the local economy, and in the end, all of us. Doing things the right way, rather than the quick way, or cheaper way, is how we operate. It’s real. It’s authentic. It’s Old Forge Brewing Company. When you crack open a can of fresh Old Forge beer or sit at our locally made 500 year old oak bar top, be assured you are in the midst of an authentic American craft beer experience.
Pennsylvania
“Great Meals, Time after Time”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This restaurant in consistently excellent, making it one of my husband and my favorites. On this visit, we stopped for dinner on our way home from a meeting in Selinsgrove. I always get a soft pretzel with beer cheese for an appetizer. They have the best soft pretzels. I don't know if they are frozen or not, but they always taste fresh made. My husband loves their beer. I don't drink alcohol, but their hand forged sodas are delicious. Like drinking a soda from a soda shop in the 1950s. The wait staff are always excellent, despite the fact that this place is usually crazy busy and are very knowledgeable about the beer and menu. It's also refreshing to be served tortillas and beer cheese instead of french fries with your meal. Every restaurant serves french fries. It's nice to come here and get something different but equally as tasty. I've never eaten anything here that I didn't like, and the prices are very reasonable.

• Visited February 2013

Jupiter, Florida
“Awesome Place”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Unreal food, service, and staff. Wish we could have gone for second night. Crazy yummy! Staff was busy but smiling and willing to go beyond necessary to make guests happy!

Visited March 2013
PA
“Quaint with good pub food”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is a great casual bar/restaurant in historic Danville. The wait staff was friendly and prompt, excellent Bleu Jerk burger with rosemary bacon and parsley mayo ~ really fresh and tasty. Homemade soft pretzels were amazing for appetizers. Beer was so-so, but I am not a real fan of craft beer. The atomsphere is really warm and relaxing with a great view from the second floor to the street. Good value for the price, but I would add french fries to the menu ~ burgers served with tortilla chips and a cheese sauce. I'm guessing it's healthier?? Would certainly come back again.

• Visited February 2013
Abington, Pennsylvania
“A Good Choice”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My husband and I had a fun and tasty meal here. My ribeye steak was among the best I have had at a restaurant. Of course, at a Brew Pub the focus is on Beer. We partook of several 5 oz samplers – all great, our favorite is the Petey Porter.

One caution, most tables require customers to climb a long and steep staircase. There are only two tables on the ground floor, the rest is bar seating. Downstairs, while not the most comfortable seating, there is a great room divider / sculpture made up of old tools that I could have stared at for hours. The bar-tender/ waitress was great at her job, friendly, buoyant and efficient, and the overall atmosphere was festive.

While at first glance in the door it seems like a typical neighborhood bar, there is no need to worry that fellow patrons will be the local drunks. Not being stair-friendly myself I didn’t get an opportunity to see what upstairs was like, but all the patrons going up and down were well-dressed, well-groomed, well-coifed, well-mannered, and appeared happy and well-fed.

• Visited October 2012
Bloomsburg
“Great pub food with a gourmet twist!”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Love the Cuban sandwich! Their soft pretzels are to die for! Good dark beers! I am a big fan of their Slack Tub Stout and Alt Bier!

Visited November 2012