“Great beer and food”

Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: FORGED BY HAND. CRAFTED WITH PRIDE. We opened our doors in 2008 with a few goals in mind: - to make the best beer and food possible - to utilize local business, artisans, farmers, and craftsmen whenever possible - to never sacrifice quality for growth Despite the challenges and obstacles along the way, we’ve done a pretty good job sticking to those principles. Going local isn’t always easy, but it’s worth the extra time, money, and effort. It’s better for the community, the local economy, and in the end, all of us. Doing things the right way, rather than the quick way, or cheaper way, is how we operate. It’s real. It’s authentic. It’s Old Forge Brewing Company. When you crack open a can of fresh Old Forge beer or sit at our locally made 500 year old oak bar top, be assured you are in the midst of an authentic American craft beer experience.
TWINSBURG
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great beer and food”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Whenever I go back to PA to visit family I make sure to visit this brewpub. I am more and more impressed with the beers on each visit. T Rail Pale Ale is a staple,but plenty of new offerings on each visit. Make sure to try whatever is currently being poured on nitro. The brewer has a real touch for this approach. The menu is widely varied. Specialty dips and hummus every day. Personally, I cant seem to turn down the chili. vegetarian offerings for those so inclined. Makes me happy that if I ever have to move back to that area at least I know one place where I can satisfy both of my hungers for good food and excellent beer.

1 Thank GREG R

Pennsylvania
“Great, larger location”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was our first visit to OFBC's new location (literally only a few doors down from their old location). The downstairs is much larger, offering a lot more seating and making the restaurant more handicap friendly. (There is a ramp off the back entrance) They also still have a large dining room upstairs, and a new private room. Their new location also provides a view of their brewing area. I loved their use of wagon wheels and wrought iron to decorate, without going over the top.

As usual, our visit was friendly and fun. The staff is very laid back, though I've been spoiled by exceptional waiters in the past, so tonight I thought our waiter was only so-so (still better service than we usually get at the big box chain restaurant) as he seemed to always be in a hurry. My pit beef sandwich was awesome, as was the soft pretzel with beer cheese I always get. My husband was a little disappointed in his Purist Burger, as he ordered it medium and it arrived well done. He gets this burger almost every time we go, so we're hoping tonight was just a glitch. We both left heavily full, and our total only came to $28 dollars, which we thought was pretty good for a beer, a soda, an appetizer and two meals. .

• Visited October 2013
Copley, Ohio
“Cool new restaurant”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Staying in Danville, this restaurant was recommended by our hotel clerk. Very good burgers, my husband had trouble picking his up because the bun got soggy, but t was tasty. We were disappointed that we were charged for a slice of onion, and an extra pickle, however. Beer was good, but we Loved the beer cheese dip that came with the chips.

San Diego, California
“Amazing food”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great Service, eclectic menu, Sweet Potato and chili pepper salad.
Wow specialized dips and humus, goat cheese burger yum

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dawn R
Flourtown, Pennsylvania
“Pub fare and fresh beer”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stopped in to the brand new Old Forge Brew Pub. Since it is new, it is fresh and clean. Wood plank floors and a wood bar both on the main floor and upstairs. We ate upstairs. We had the homemade fresh soft pretzels for an appetizer. We chose the 2 different mustards and the cheese sauce for dipping sauces. Wow were they great! A must have. You can order 5 oz glasses of beer for a sampling of the beers. All of which are made on premise and are fresh. We selected 6 from the menu to try then each bought a pint of our favorite. For entre we had a Rueben sandwich, the Pit Beef sandwich and the Fish Tacos. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The service is prompt and the prices are very reasonable.

1 Thank emgsoccer