“Used to be better”

Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: FORGED BY HAND. CRAFTED WITH PRIDE. We opened our doors in 2008 with a few goals in mind: - to make the best beer and food possible - to utilize local business, artisans, farmers, and craftsmen whenever possible - to never sacrifice quality for growth Despite the challenges and obstacles along the way, we’ve done a pretty good job sticking to those principles. Going local isn’t always easy, but it’s worth the extra time, money, and effort. It’s better for the community, the local economy, and in the end, all of us. Doing things the right way, rather than the quick way, or cheaper way, is how we operate. It’s real. It’s authentic. It’s Old Forge Brewing Company. When you crack open a can of fresh Old Forge beer or sit at our locally made 500 year old oak bar top, be assured you are in the midst of an authentic American craft beer experience.
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I have come here three times and the first time I was here I was very impressed. This wAs when it was still small and cozy. After they moved, the first time I came it was still pretty good. I just came here again and I was pretty disappointed. They sat us at the worst possible table even though there were many more open. My friend's chicken sandwich was inedible. I think it may have been bad. I have never tasted worse chicken. Our waitress acted like she had much better things to do than wait on us. We may not be coming back.

Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

If you hit the right day, they have fresh root beer and white birch beer. We love the ginger ale. Their other food is great, but we plan outings just to swing by for their pretzels!

Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

If you answered yes, then this is your spot! I travel everywhere and I always look for breweries, and I have to tell you Old Forge is world class. Their chicken pretzel sandwich is to die for, and their selection of local beers is top notch. Danville is a quaint town that you could see in a day, but Old Forge is worth a trip back.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I am a fan of micro brews so it is always a treat to try one. Enjoyed my ale. Had a pulled pork on a local pretzel bun. Could have been a little more pork and a little less pretzel. Still pretty good though.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

'Twas the night before Thanksgiving and the cooks went on strike. Old Forge is one of our favorite places to eat when visiting Danville. This was the first time we had eaten in the new location, and were very impressed with the additional space and format. The noise level was also greatly increased, but not above the level of most other restaurants with high loft ceilings. There were 6 of us, and we had about a ten minute wait.

While waiting we enjoyed Paradise Pils and Resolution Rye Stout. Knowing that the portion sizes are substantial, my husband and I each got a small garden salad and split the Cuban sandwich with the excellent fries. In the past, we have enjoyed their pulled pork and Reuben sandwiches. The soups are also very good.

Service was excellent even with a packed house. As we were leaving, a band was setting up. We would have liked to have stayed, but there was still cooking to do at home.