“Great casual restaurant in Danville”

Old Forge Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Old Forge Brewing Company is a fun, casual, comfortable brewpub specializing in healthy pub fare and fresh brewed beer.Our country was built on the skills and labor of old-world artisanal craftsmen. Woodworkers, carpenters, stonemasons, ironworkers, blacksmiths, tileworkers, and many others came here and employed the knowledge and skills of their craft in building their farms, homes, and towns.Nowadays, it is so easy and convenient to purchase generic products from big-box stores, that we sometimes neglect to appreciate the uniqueness and quality of a hand-crafted product.At Old Forge Brewing Company, we strive to honor personal craftsmanship. Our hand-crafted beer is made in small batches to ensure quality and peak freshness, while the healthy and delicious menu has ingredients sourced from local farms and markets wherever possible. Take the time to notice our bar, furniture, and fixtures which were all handcrafted by local wood and metal worker Keith Kocher (Lightstreet Custom Woodworking). Check out our unique tap handles carved and forged by local artist/sculptor J. Mark Irwin (Irwin Sculpture Studio), and our plates, bowls, and beer mugs, all hand-made by local potter Mike Hart (M. Hart Pottery).We welcome you to stop by and visit us on Mill Street in downtown Danville. Have a bite to eat, sip a fresh pint of beer, and enjoy the friendly and comfortable atmosphere. Leave your troubles on the doorstep and let us take care of the rest.
“Great casual restaurant in Danville”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Went to the Old Forge Brewing Company for a fun lunch with three colleagues from work. Very pleasant atmosphere - very brick - very sleek and urban. Interesting menu - mostly pub food but with a twist that rises it above the average. I had the grilled spinach and roasted pepper sandwich. Great multigrain bread. And very flavorful. I have gotten used to vegetarian sandwiches tasting like cardboard - but this was well seasoned and the cheese melted in it was the perfect touch. My co-workers ordered the grilled ham and cheese - one with extra spicey mustard, the other plain. Another co-worker ordered a burger I believe the Texas burger. All of our plates were clean at the end. Service was prompt, professional, and helpful. As I indicated, my experience was so positive, that I would recommend the Old Forge Brewing Company to all my friends - and actually did today. Keep up the good work. Fun spot.

• Visited January 2014

Union, South Carolina
“Super Place!!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

After reading the reviews on here, I decided to give it a try while in town on vacation. The atmosphere is great being in an old building. It was very crowded, so you know it means the locals love it. I had the chimichanga which was so incredibly awesome!! My wife had the sloppy texan, which was very hot lol But the taste was very good. The service was great and quick. Overall it was a great experience. And I can't wait til I come back for another visit!!

Visited December 2013
“Used to be better”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I have come here three times and the first time I was here I was very impressed. This wAs when it was still small and cozy. After they moved, the first time I came it was still pretty good. I just came here again and I was pretty disappointed. They sat us at the worst possible table even though there were many more open. My friend's chicken sandwich was inedible. I think it may have been bad. I have never tasted worse chicken. Our waitress acted like she had much better things to do than wait on us. We may not be coming back.

• Visited January 2014
“Tasty”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

If you hit the right day, they have fresh root beer and white birch beer. We love the ginger ale. Their other food is great, but we plan outings just to swing by for their pretzels!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Do you like beer and food?”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

If you answered yes, then this is your spot! I travel everywhere and I always look for breweries, and I have to tell you Old Forge is world class. Their chicken pretzel sandwich is to die for, and their selection of local beers is top notch. Danville is a quaint town that you could see in a day, but Old Forge is worth a trip back.