“Sometimes You Get MORE Than What You Pay For”

Red Roof Inn Danville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Shoreline, CT
“Sometimes You Get MORE Than What You Pay For”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Checked in to this low-price motel after a day of hot day behind the wheel only to find that at least a dozen flies were already in the room. And this property has subscribed to the "Charge For A Safe And Promise A Rebate at Checkout" with the hope most customers will leave without asking. And the Wi-Fi worked (miserably) at first and then quit entirely. The front desk had the Internet provider call me, their customer, to give some sort of convoluted answer and then told the desk that all was well. The discount proffered was appreciated but this place has lost its appeal in any circumstances.

Room Tip: Select another area motel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Billsdaddy
i0010, Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. I am very sorry about the inconveniences that you encountered while you were at my inn. Our goal is to ensure each of our guests has an exceptional stay with us and in your case we failed. I am very sorry about the WI-FI and any other issues that you encountered during your stay. We take all of our guests comments very seriously. We read them, learn from them, and use them to better serve our guests. Once again thank you for sharing your comments with us, and I hope you will give us the opportunity to provide our usual high level of service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
South Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Nothing fancy about this hotel. We checked in late for a low rate - $59 for two double beds. The front desk was friendly and gave us directions to our room. Our room was clean, with no frills. TV worked fine. Water pressure was fantastic. We would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Two story hotel with no elevator. Keep that in mind.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy S
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor, regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Danville. We strive to provide each and every guest with a clean room, great service, and at a reasonable rate. We truly appreciate your feedback to help us to continue to improve and provide our guest with the best lodging needs that we can. I will be sure to tell the staff about your kind words. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future.
New York City
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The room was basic but certainly very clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a nice TV with good cable.. Free long distance calls was a nice plus. The internet was slow when I used it at 9:30 PM but I think that was a function of everyone being on it at once. When I used it at 6:15 AM, it was fast. I would stay again if I found myself there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tim90nyc
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Recent trip to PA for a family matter had to search for a place near by and this was the only thing affordable at $85 a night and it didn't even have a coffee pot in the room. I have paid less in other hotels in the area and at least a coffee pot or a mini fridge in the room. Will not choose this place again for any amount of money. Staff was friendly but really disappointed in the stay.

Room Tip: There are better hotels one exit up at Buckhorn.. try them for your money
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kerry T
Brunswick, Ohio
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed at the red roof inn in Danville for the past 23 years. Always a pleasant experience. Rooms are clean and although on the basic side, meet my needs. Coffee is available 24 hrs, and no breakfast but there are several choices nearby. Desk clerk Donna has been there every visit and is super helpful and friendly. Any of the minor issues I have had have been dealt with quickly and with courtesy. Love this place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn Danville. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with Donna, and the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope to see you again soon.
Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 May 2014

They advised on their website that all of the rooms were recently renovated. That's not completely true. They were renovated but very poorly. The rooms didn't appear to be very clean. There were stains on the carpets and hair on the bathroom floor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are very important to us. I am sorry that we let you down regarding the cleanliness of your room. Carpet cleaning is currently taking place in all of our rooms. We hope you will give us a second chance to better serve you in the future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I've stayed at this particular hotel with my 3 small children twice now. Once last week and once exactly two years ago. Both experiences were very pleasant. I'm always worried about safety at a hotel aside an interstate highway out in the middle of what feels like nowhere. I didn't get that feeling either time with this location. A great family restaurant (Friendly's) in the same parking lot as the hotel.....or a very clean and super-friendly McDonald's directly across the street.

This trip, I made an error and showed up at 10pm, a day earlier than I had made a reservation for. The desk attendant gave me no hassle whatsoever when he saw my mistake. It was clearly MY mistake. He adjusted the price to match what I thought I was going to pay, though he didn't have to....nor did I ask even ask. I was astonished and very grateful.

I will certainly stay there again if I have to pass through that area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pierwolf1
Thank you for staying with us again at the Red Roof Inn in Danville. I am happy to hear you enjoyed a safe and pleasant stay with us, and found our location to be conveniently located to several great restaurants. I am glad our staff was able to accommodate you a day earlier than your original reservation. We look forward to serving you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Danville
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
#4 of 8 in Bloomsburg

Been to Red Roof Inn Danville? Share your experiences!