“Simple Value”

Red Roof Inn Danville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were looking for a hotel within 15 minutes from Knoebel's that was pet friendly. Decided on the RR because it was the best value in comparison to the surrounding hotels, they were more money. I figured if I was going to stay in a dive, why not spend the least amount of money doing it. I must say, for the rate we paid, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel manager, Kevin, was friendly, pleasant and accommodating. I requested a second floor in the back, with microwave - not a problem at all. If you are looking to crash for a night or two, this hotel is simple and gives you all the necessities you need. Clean bathroom, bedding and quiet. Well done Roof!

Room Tip: Request a top room on the back side, the highway is in the front.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor, regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Danville. We strive to provide each and every guest with a clean room, great service, and at a reasonable rate. We truly appreciate your feedback to help us to continue to improve and provide our guest with the best lodging needs that we can. I will be sure to tell the staff about your kind words. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Checked in to this low-price motel after a day of hot day behind the wheel only to find that at least a dozen flies were already in the room. And this property has subscribed to the "Charge For A Safe And Promise A Rebate at Checkout" with the hope most customers will leave without asking. And the Wi-Fi worked (miserably) at first and then quit entirely. The front desk had the Internet provider call me, their customer, to give some sort of convoluted answer and then told the desk that all was well. The discount proffered was appreciated but this place has lost its appeal in any circumstances.

Room Tip: Select another area motel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Billsdaddy
i0010, Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. I am very sorry about the inconveniences that you encountered while you were at my inn. Our goal is to ensure each of our guests has an exceptional stay with us and in your case we failed. I am very sorry about the WI-FI and any other issues that you encountered during your stay. We take all of our guests comments very seriously. We read them, learn from them, and use them to better serve our guests. Once again thank you for sharing your comments with us, and I hope you will give us the opportunity to provide our usual high level of service.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Nothing fancy about this hotel. We checked in late for a low rate - $59 for two double beds. The front desk was friendly and gave us directions to our room. Our room was clean, with no frills. TV worked fine. Water pressure was fantastic. We would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Two story hotel with no elevator. Keep that in mind.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy S
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The room was basic but certainly very clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a nice TV with good cable.. Free long distance calls was a nice plus. The internet was slow when I used it at 9:30 PM but I think that was a function of everyone being on it at once. When I used it at 6:15 AM, it was fast. I would stay again if I found myself there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tim90nyc
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Recent trip to PA for a family matter had to search for a place near by and this was the only thing affordable at $85 a night and it didn't even have a coffee pot in the room. I have paid less in other hotels in the area and at least a coffee pot or a mini fridge in the room. Will not choose this place again for any amount of money. Staff was friendly but really disappointed in the stay.

Room Tip: There are better hotels one exit up at Buckhorn.. try them for your money
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kerry T
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed at the red roof inn in Danville for the past 23 years. Always a pleasant experience. Rooms are clean and although on the basic side, meet my needs. Coffee is available 24 hrs, and no breakfast but there are several choices nearby. Desk clerk Donna has been there every visit and is super helpful and friendly. Any of the minor issues I have had have been dealt with quickly and with courtesy. Love this place!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn Danville. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with Donna, and the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

They advised on their website that all of the rooms were recently renovated. That's not completely true. They were renovated but very poorly. The rooms didn't appear to be very clean. There were stains on the carpets and hair on the bathroom floor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
i0010, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are very important to us. I am sorry that we let you down regarding the cleanliness of your room. Carpet cleaning is currently taking place in all of our rooms. We hope you will give us a second chance to better serve you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Best Western Danville Inn
#2 of 6 in Danville
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
#5 of 8 in Bloomsburg

Been to Red Roof Inn Danville? Share your experiences!