“Not the same old Pine Barn Inn”
Review of Pine Barn Inn

Pine Barn Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Used to be owned by Arnold Palmer's in-laws, and was a charming place. Now has been bought out by Geisinger Medical Center next door. Per everyone's recommendations we booked into building #3. Don't get a room on the second floor that faces right into the parking light--headlights are at window level. Nice surprise to find microfrig and mini-microwave. Room a little small and a little dark, but my companion's room was much brighter. Bathroom is small but nicely appointed for the elderly. Service at main desk was poor. They didn't seem to know their property. Dining room has really gone downhill since change of owner. Wine list weak, much of food brought in by Sysco frozen. We went here from old memories, won't do that again.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nitt

Reviewed 19 April 2009

I stayed on the new building (300). The room was clean, quiet and spacious. It had a microwave and a small fridge. It supposed to have wifi, however I did not had my laptop with me so cannot evaluate. The staff was very attentive. Very convenient if you are visiting Geisinger. The food at the restaurant was good and the prices reasonable, however take in consideration that I am form NY and over here is quite expensive.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2008

I have stayed at the Pine Barn several times in the past 3 years
and have always had a good experience. I have stayed in the 300
building in the past but this time I had a room in the older building which was not a great experience.
The room smelled and needed a good cleaning. The bed needed
to be replaced but the major problem was the fact that there was
a garbage can left in the hallway that had not been cleaned and
smelled as if it had been there weeks. I
The next time I will request a room in the newer building and if that
is not available I will find another hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank bbeerbower
Reviewed 13 September 2008

This Pine Barn Inn is located in Danville, PA.

We stayed for one night while passing through going to Knoebels Amusement Park from Lancaster. We checked in around 5pm without any issues.

We stayed in one of the newly remodeled spacious two queen bed rooms. Overall, nice décor, very clean and quiet. No issues with the room………..except internet access….

Overall a very nice place to stay. HOWEVER, I did have a minor issue with the internet connection. Since the room was one of the newly remodeled rooms, the modem located in the room for wired hook up was not yet configured for use. The wireless connection was also not allowing any connections. After following the in room instructions, I called the third party tech support, (probably located nowhere near Danville PA). After explaining to “Ted” the tech boy that I too am a network engineer by trade and attempted to explain to him the modem status, he insisted on blaming my laptop that was running Windows Vista. I mentioned to him I could make a wireless connection to the local hospital (Geisinger Medical Center) next door as well as had a wireless connection at my previous hotel earlier in the week. Yet, he still insisted on placing blame on my system.

After “Ted”, I very politely took my conversation up to the front desk and explain to them the room offered no internet access either via wireless or wired. After explaining to them how long I was on the phone with their “tech support”, the young lady was nice enough to scratch down my information and stated they would look into it. Well I guess since I was only staying the one night, it most likely must have been corrected, (after I checked out the next day).

I’m still going to recommend the Inn. It is a very clean Inn and for the price of the room, a much better value than other local establishments.

Note to Inn: You are a local establishment, you no doubt can acquire local support for your business internet access. Outsourcing a third party company to manage services under your name will have a direct bottom line effect on your reputation if they cannot provide adequate support services. Trust me, I don’t think “Ted” the tech boy really cared if he fixed the internet access or not. You should of.

1  Thank Gary O
Reviewed 20 August 2008

After reading about bed bugs at the nearby Red Roof, a hotel I've frequented for almost a decade for my visits to Knoebels, I decided to give the Pine Barn a try based on recommendations from friends. Aside from the economy hotels in the area, Pine Barn had a great rate for the area.

We had a king room in the new building which I requested based on reviews here. The front desk staff is very friendly and accomodating. The hotel corridors and lobby are very nicely decorated keeping with the feel of the area. The room was very spacious and considerably clean. We had a little problem with some soap residue on a towel but a maid service supervisor quickly remedied that for us. The shower was nice but didn't have the recently common curved rods. Didn't really matter as the shower was spacious enough. My biggest complaint was the AC unit which was extremely noisy and didn't seem to be working all that well. Still, I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Danville area. A very nice surprise for sure!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2008

My husband, myself and our four children stayed here for one night, August 9, 2008 for a visit to Knoebels. The hotels in this area are few and not known for exceptional service and comfort. So, I tempered my expectations for our first stay here. This hotel exceeded all expectations.
The inn consists of three buildings that total 99 rooms, and a separate building for hotel registration and restaurant. We had a King Suite (room 346) and a regular King room (room 348). Rooms were spacious, very clean, and reasonably priced.
The restaurant on site is quite tasty and you can order room service up until the restaurant closes at 10 pm. I called at 9:54 with a complicated order and it was delivered piping hot and just a i ordered it, 25 minutes later. I was expecting a wait of at least 45 minutes to an hour, based on prior room service experiences at other hotels.Room Service menu is also reasonably priced (a hamburger and fries costs about $5.95, compared to other hotels charging upwards of $15 for the same item) and breakfast buffet is a bargain at $5.95 per person, children under 3 are free.

The staff is very accommodating and courteous. I did not meet one employee who appeared less than thrilled to work there and assist the guests in any way possible. My daughter pulled a muscle the morning we were set to depart and could not walk without extreme pain. I asked the front desk if I could have a late check-out so I could assess whether she needed further medical attention. Coincidentally, the inn is on a hospital campus, so that was an added first aid bonus. The staff was very understanding and allowed us to stay until 3 p.m. so my daughter could rest and recover from her injury.

I'm really excited we found this inn as we take an annual family trip to Knoebels and now I have a wonderful place to stay. Another bonus, complimentary coffee and fresh fruit are available to all guests. Our rooms were quiet and we never heard any hallway noise. Great place, great value!

1  Thank DC_snail
Reviewed 10 August 2008

The room was immaculate, comfortable, quiet and very tastefully decorated. We stayed 2 nights with our 2 children, and couldn't have been happier. We did request a room in the newer section, based on other reviews. The restaurant was very good and reasonably priced especially considering the quality, with several choices for all of us. Only about 20 minutes from Knobeles, an easy drive. My husband was reluctant to book at first because it's not a chain with know/expected quality, but later said "Thank you for finding this, it's so nice!"

1  Thank ScreenNameNorthernNJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
Best Western Danville Inn
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 6 in Danville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Super 8 Danville
Super 8 Danville
#5 of 6 in Danville

Been to Pine Barn Inn? Share your experiences!