We stayed over 4th of July weekend at this hotel primarily because they allowed pets. We went to Knoebel's amusement park and on a tour of a coal mine. Those will be separate reviews.
This hotel was okay but like others have mentioned, the smell of smoke, can be very overpowering. We were given a room on the top floor which was supposed to be a non-smoking room. In my experience, smoke rises so I don't understand why they have the "non-smoking" rooms on the top floors.
Since we were bringing our dog with us (there is no weght limit by the way, our dog is 60 pounds) we weren't expecting a first class room or hotel. The room, however, was quite large and had a decent bed and a nice television. The bathroom was quite large and the only complaint would be that it was a bit worn. Again, we didn't expect too much since we know other dogs have been there but you really knew that other dogs were in this room! It wreaked of dog and smoke. There were stains all over the carpets and the housekeeping was not up to par at all. There was dirt and debris (food wrappers) behind the couch and lamps and when we pulled back the sheets on the bed, a dirty cover to a soft drink container popped out.
We had a room with a king-sized bed and a pull-out couch. They gave us two flat pillows that were already on the bed but when my husband called the front desk to ask for an additional pillow, he was told "we don't keep any extra pillows in the hotel", which I found quite odd. He asked "you mean just today?" and was told "No, never". There were no pillows inside the pull-out couch so I had to wonder what we would have done if we needed to utilize the pull-out couch. So, if you are going here, be sure to bring pillows from home if you like extra pillows. Very strange.
The breakfast was decent and what you would expect from a continental breakfast. The location was pretty good considering that it was just a short drive to places like Walmart and many nice restaurants in Bloomsberg.
If we had to travel again to this area and bring our dog, I'd stay again for that reason alone but otherwise, I'd look for a better place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great property right off of I-80. Quick on and off the interstate ramp. Heated in-door pool! express check-in & Check-out available. Try our new Deluxe continental breakfast. (6:00am to 9:00am) Close to Geisinger ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Danville Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Danville Hotel Danville
- Best Western Danville Hotel
- Danville Best Western