“Old but revamped”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is an older inn, but it's been revamped. I stayed in a king suite which was very nice, very spacious, clean. It even had a La-Z-Boy recliner! The front desk staff is helpful and nice. I can't yet rate the breakfast, as I wanted to write this before bed and an early morning tomorrow, but I expect it will be the standard fare for an inn of this type. The HVAC system has a constant fan, which I appreciate and will make for a great night of sleeping tonight. It only has an outdoor pool, which doesn't work for me in the freezing weather. Still, it's a decent property and not to be overlooked for a convenient, comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Carlonnie H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

I am glad that you had a pleasant experience this stay. The king suites are rather nice with the chair and even a sitting room with a pull out sofa bed. We hope that you come back to see us soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Due to traffic accidents as a result of idiots driving too fast during ICY conditions on I-80, we decided to stay over night rather than continuing our trip on 1/21/13. We ended up getting off at the Danville exit and had a choice of Quality Inn, Red Roof and another chain motel. Not sure about the others but found the Quality Inn to be comfortable and spacious. Room was clean and warm. Heater VERY effective. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Configuration of motel a little strange and breakfast stopped at 9:00 so can't comment on that. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2012

After reading the bad reviews I was expecting the worst. My company booked my room, When I arrived the front desk clerk was very nice. The hallway does have an odor like something has been sprayed to cover a smell.looks like it needs some upkeep but seems clean enough. Much better than the reviews. Ate at the restaurant one night and the only waitress went out to smoke 3 times in less than 45 mins. Since she was the only employee except the kitchen that left nobody in the restaurant. Hours are very limited so this seemed very excessive.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Stayed here one night for an event at nearby Knoebels Amusement Park. The room was clean and decent and prepaid rate was a real bargain! Located near many food options and easy access to highways and towns. Staff was friendly, and free breakfast was surprisingly varied and good--a real bargain. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We decided to try a quick family trip to Knoebels if we could get a good hotel deal. We tried priceline and landed this place but once we looked at the reviews we became concerned and decided to drive the 3 hours home if it was a bad room. We checked in at around 5PM after a day at the park and the room looked clean and fine for a 2 star hotel. Our stay was great - everything clean and comfortable - hotel staff was good and our dinner server in the restaurant was funny and absolutely perfect (we tried eating out in Bloomsburg but after waiting for 40 minutes the waiter told us they were backed up in the kitchen and hadnt even started cooking our dinner). Anyone with 2 toddlers knows that this means impending disaster, so it was back to the hotel just to eat anything, and as it turned out our food came quickly and was good.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dynaport
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I live in the Danville area and recently paid to have some of my family stay at this hotel while here for a family reunion. The hotel was a big surprise. First let me say we choose this hotel because nothing else was available and we needed rooms. We were sceptical of the hotel because of the reviews. However when my family arrived they found the hotel to be going through renovations, painting, landscaping, updating etc... All the staff we encountered from the time of making the reservation with Tammy to checking in with Destiny(trainee Daniel), to breakfast person Tom, were extremely helpful to my family, friendly, and went out of their way to make sure the stay was pleasant. We utilized the pool, which we found no problems with, and enjoyed the time to relax. They even allowed me to use it as well. The rooms were a little date (I believe they will be working on them as well), but clean. I will definte

Room Tip: give them a try
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Grammy5Danville
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I made the very bad mistake of booking this hotel via Booking.com. This was listed as Danville Hotel and Conference Center....false advertising. The policy was cancellations required 48 hours in advance of the reservation! Let me say that this is a red flag policy and don't be as stupid as I was to book a hotel with this policy. It means they are not a quality hotel and want to earn their money dishonestly because if you get there and find out that they have a sign Quality Inn sign and if you'd known that you would not have booked with them, so you find another room elsewhere and go where you feel safe....they will not do the right thing and refund your money! I was in the room a half hour and decided that this hotel felt unsafe because there was hardly no one staying there, it is run down, has a bad odor and someone else who stayed there ended up with bed bug bites. So beware and don't book at this hotel or any hotel that will not allow you to cancel the reservation up to 6 pm. Don't buy the line that this 48 hour cancellation policy is in line with other facilities in the area. Be smarter than I was so that bad managers like Tammy Heebner can't refuse to refund money when you did not use their facility for any significant period of time. I was also warned against using the pool by the guy at the front desk. DO NOT GO NEAR THIS PLACE.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank NeuroWorksLLC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Red Roof Inn Danville
#2 of 2 in New Columbia
Pine Barn Inn
Pine Barn Inn
#2 of 6 in Danville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!