“Ignore The Negative Reviews”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Danville
West Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“Ignore The Negative Reviews”
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

Ignore the negative reviews.

I stayed here because my daughter had an early morning appt at Geisinger. It was free as I used my Choice points!

The guy at the desk was friendly and smiling. Once he checked me in he showed me where my room was, told me about the bar in the lobby and breakfast.

The room was clean, smelling much like orange armor all wipes, which I don't mind. Large room with windows that open, which is nice.

Old CRT TVs, but not the end of the world. Decent Internet speed. A good value for what you get.

• Stayed April 2013
Carlonnie H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
I am so happy that you decided to stay with us and that it was a pleasant stay as well. I am glad that everything was to your satisfaction. The TVs are in the process of getting updated; hopefully within the two months or so. Please come back to visit us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Stayed there one night while father-in-law at Geisinger. Clean and reasonably priced. Decent discount for families at Geisinger. Stayed previous night at Red Roof which we would not recommend.
Good continental breakfast each morning.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for giving us a try. I am glad that your stay was pleasant. Please come back and visit us again.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

I stay in hotels 250+ nights yearly and this hotel rates my top 10%. The buildings are old, but everything is clean and fresh. The check in was fast, my room was perfect in every way. The breakfast was great and the check out was fast and efficient. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Carlonnie H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for this wonderful review. I appreciate that you took the time to fill out this review. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay and that your room was up to your satisfaction.
Spring Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is an older inn, but it's been revamped. I stayed in a king suite which was very nice, very spacious, clean. It even had a La-Z-Boy recliner! The front desk staff is helpful and nice. I can't yet rate the breakfast, as I wanted to write this before bed and an early morning tomorrow, but I expect it will be the standard fare for an inn of this type. The HVAC system has a constant fan, which I appreciate and will make for a great night of sleeping tonight. It only has an outdoor pool, which doesn't work for me in the freezing weather. Still, it's a decent property and not to be overlooked for a convenient, comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
I am glad that you had a pleasant experience this stay. The king suites are rather nice with the chair and even a sitting room with a pull out sofa bed. We hope that you come back to see us soon.
Pottsville
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Due to traffic accidents as a result of idiots driving too fast during ICY conditions on I-80, we decided to stay over night rather than continuing our trip on 1/21/13. We ended up getting off at the Danville exit and had a choice of Quality Inn, Red Roof and another chain motel. Not sure about the others but found the Quality Inn to be comfortable and spacious. Room was clean and warm. Heater VERY effective. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Configuration of motel a little strange and breakfast stopped at 9:00 so can't comment on that. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Georgetown, Kentucky
Reviewed 15 November 2012

After reading the bad reviews I was expecting the worst. My company booked my room, When I arrived the front desk clerk was very nice. The hallway does have an odor like something has been sprayed to cover a smell.looks like it needs some upkeep but seems clean enough. Much better than the reviews. Ate at the restaurant one night and the only waitress went out to smoke 3 times in less than 45 mins. Since she was the only employee except the kitchen that left nobody in the restaurant. Hours are very limited so this seemed very excessive.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Connecticut Yankee
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Stayed here one night for an event at nearby Knoebels Amusement Park. The room was clean and decent and prepaid rate was a real bargain! Located near many food options and easy access to highways and towns. Staff was friendly, and free breakfast was surprisingly varied and good--a real bargain. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Red Roof Inn Danville
#2 of 6 in Danville
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
#3 of 8 in Bloomsburg

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!