Quality Inn & Suites
US$130
US$114
US$95
Hotels.com
Red Roof Inn Danville(Danville)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$147
HIExpress.com
Econo Lodge(Bloomsburg)
US$65
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg(Bloomsburg)(Great Value!)
US$106
ComfortSuites
US$152
Hampton.com
US$120
All reviewsroom was cleanfree breakfastking suitevery comfortable stayovernight stayon site restaurantdanville areaoff the highwaygreat place to staymicrowaveohio
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I leave at 9 am and ask cleaning clerk to service my room. At 7 pm after arriving back in the hotel, found room still unserviced and called front desk for room to be cleaned. Front desk clerk said it was Sunday and nothing could be done. I asked for Manager and she hung up on me three times.
I went personally to demand something be done and she threatened to call Police which I asked her to PLEASE do. She realized her mistake and finally a maintenance clerk did come and clean the room. Next day when I discussed issue with the Manager, her first words were I can´t reimburse you because you booked on line.......SHE TOTALLY missed the point..all I wanted was a simple apology which never came.. ... She never got it..... All I can say is NEVER AGAIN QUALITY INN.....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Francisco D
Carlonnie H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Mr. Francisco,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your recent stay at our hotel.
I am sorry about your room not being serviced in a timely manner. I have talked to the housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I have also talked to the front desk clerk who was there that evening on the situation as well.
I am sorry if you were not satisfied with our conversation the following morning. In case I did not apologize correctly, let me express my sincerest apologies to you now. I did understand you were unhappy with the service of both the housekeeping staff and the front desk staff as well. Feel free to contact me directly at gm.pa303@choicehotels.com for further discussion on this matter.
Thank you for submitting the review. Again, I am sorry about your experience at the hotel.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

At the last minute we decided to go to the Bloomsburg Fair so a lot of the hotels in the area were booked. Luckily, we were able to get a great rate for the Quality Inn on Priceline. We pulled up, the outside looks pretty rundown - but the lobby was surprisingly nice and the front desk clerk was very friendly. We had to drive around the building and go into a back entrance to get to our room, we were disappointed to see that the back door had a key scanner but it was off, so anyone could walk into the hotel - not secure at all. We got to our room, it smelled like stale cigarettes - also disappointing as we traveled with our 3 month old baby and we called ahead to let them know this (so we could get a fridge and microwave in room for formula) and I cross checked that we were in a non-smoking area. We went out, came back for the night - the beds are terribly uncomfortable and the pillows are even worse. My husband and I both woke up a few times because we were so uncomfortable. In the morning, I had a number of red bumps on my skin, as did my son, and my husband and right away I knew it was bedbugs (I previously lived in NYC for 5 years and dealt with bedbugs twice before so I know the signs well). My husband went to the desk, told them about it and asked for plastic bags for us to put our belongings in them. They didn't seem concerned at all and told him they've never had a bedbug problem there (which is false - there are a number of reviews that mention bedbugs). At this point, I have an appointment for the pediatrician for my son, a doctors appointment for myself to confirm bedbug bites, and a trip to the laundromat to clean our clothes in the plastic bags as I refuse to bring them in our house to wash here. We've also had to dispose of our sons travel bassinet, so we're $50 out for that. Save yourself the headache and avoid this place like the plague. I am hoping that nothing followed us back to our house as I really don't want to incur the cost of removing bedbugs from our home.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel - if you can't - avoid room 216 and the bedbugs that live there.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Chiristine,
Thank you for submitting a review about your recent stay at our hotel.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues reported about your room. I had room 216 investigated for bedbugs; however, there was no evidence of bedbugs in the room. There have been no similar reports of this issue from other guests who have stayed in that room, either. I am addressing the issue with the outside doors for security and appreciate the information you provided. I am sorry that there was an unpleasant odor in your room upon check in and that you did not enjoy our mattresses or our pillows.
Once again thank you for submitting your review. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I booked this last minute via Expedia after a job interview came up at Geisinger and I elected to do it face to face instead of over the phone. For the life of me, I do not understand the negative reviews. I was greeted by a very friendly desk clerk that explained in great detail how to get to my room, the hours of breakfast and quoted almost the complete menu for the lounge. Room was AMAZING. Comfortable furniture, clean bathroom (with plenty of clean towels), extremely comfortable bed and fast wireless internet. No clue where the complaints came about the noise either. Was able to relax with a nice pot of coffee after dinner and study some protocols for my interview. Heard no road noise either. Perfectly acceptable breakfast in a spacious seating area that still had ample internet signal. A note for my fellow Geocachers, there is one within walking distance of the hotel, just watch out for "dog bombs". LOL!

Room Tip: Opted for a king size bed for comfort. Was given a suite. Not sure if that was automatic, or if I would have to request it specifically in the future. There was a windowed door and partial wall/partial glass divider between the sitting area and the "bedroom" area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Carlonnie H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Fireelfneremtp,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with our hotel.

I just want to say that we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff tries to make sure our guests are comfortable with their room.

Again thank you for completing this review and we hope next time you are in the area, you stay with us.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Got our room had a fantastic rate via Priceline. The reception desk mentioned that you can call the hotel directly to match the best online price...good to know for the future.

Yes, the outside is rather in disrepair, but do not let the exterior scare you away!
The reception desk was very friendly and helpful for all your needs and requests.
Our room was very clean! Quiet air-conditioning, comfortable beds. Perfect night of rest after a day a Knoebels.

We used the pool the next day, the kids had it to themselves.

The interior hallways, are rather smelly and musty BUT your room will not smell.
I would recommend this hotel for families and overnight travelers.

The breakfast was okay, lots of things to choose from. But fine for a free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Carlonnie H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Glassdesign44,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay at our hotel.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also glad to hear that the staff here was pleasant to you. Please know that we are currently working on plans to update the hotel.

Again, thank you for completing this review and we do hope that you stay with us again next time you are in the area. Have a great day!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

The service was pleasant, the rooms were large, quiet and very comfortable.

Second room had small TV, microwave, refrigerator and nice door that could be closed so someone could sleep while you worked or watched TV.

Breakfast was a very well stock Continental Breakfast, with plenty of good food.

The grounds were well keep, and even though it was just off the highway, it was just far enough away, as to not be loud.

Close to everything we wanted during our stay, and Very reasonable priced.

Room Tip: Stay, you'll be glad you did. There doesn't seem to be a bad room in the house.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Carlonnie H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt comfortable while you were here. I am also pleased to hear that the staff here at the hotel was pleasant. I know that they do everything they can to make our guests stay enjoyable.

Again, thank you for completing this review. We truly appreciate your feedback. Have a great day.