“Positive Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Danville
Bensalem
“Positive Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I would like to compliment the staff at this hotel for making my weekend at the Bucknell University commencement a great time. The front desk staff were very helpful, adjusting my room rate for the "senior" discount and the romm staff did an outstanding job in preparing the room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carlonnie H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on your stay with us. We are pleased to hear about the high level of satisfaction with our hotel. I have shared your comments with my entire staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We hope to see you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Goffstown, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was a great hotel compared to other Quality Inns I've stayed in. The rooms are very nice, and there is NO PET FEE. A full breakfast was included for free. There is a restaurant in the hotel, but it was closed. There was a cook there, and you could get a meal in the bar. There was plenty of parking for my truck and cargo trailer. There was a washer and dryer on the premises, but the washer was in need of repair. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean, and up to date. This is a keeper. We paid $106.93 for one night.

Room Tip: The hotel is quite big. We got stuck in the "back forty". It was a hike to the front desk...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carlonnie H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
I am glad you were happy with your discussion to stay with us during your recent visit. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and rating. We look forward to our next opportunity to provide you with pleasant and comfortable accommodations and service on future visits.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

One TV had a defective picture

Rooms had been wired so a single wall switch controlled the entryway light, sitting room wall sconce and the outlet behind the sofa into which the end table light was plugged. I would have expected to be able to turn on the end table lamp without going to the entry door wall switch.

I was the first one let in for breakfast, yet the eggs, potatoes and sausage had already been picked over, presumably by the staff...unless they were yesterday's leftovers.

The breakfast danish were fresh from the fridge, much too cold to be palatable and there was no microwave to warm them...and I don't think they'd do well in the toaster.

The butter I attempted to spread on my muffin must've come directly from the freezer, it was rock hard...and again no microwave to alleviate the situation.

Internet access was terribly slow...I'd have done better with a dial-up modem. And you have to sign in using your e-mail address for a 12 hour window of service. First of all, anywhere else I've stayed has given me a code good for the length of my stay, not 1/4 of it. Second, there's hardly anything close enough to pirate the signal and the service is so slow, who'd want to?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carlonnie H, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for the feedback regarding the lighting situation with the switch in the room, and apologize if you were not completely satisfied with your stay here. I am also sorry to hear about the apparent presentation and condiments with breakfast in the morning. I will discuss this with our breakfast attendant and we will make changes as needed (such as getting items to room temperature and/or the use of the microwave in the kitchen area). We are currently working on the internet to increase the speed. Please feel free to contact me directly @ gm.pa303@choicehotels.com if you would like to discuss this further.

Travellers are raving about these Danville hotels

Morton Grove, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We booked though Choice a room with a king bed and chair that became a bed. I asked for a room on main floor or near elevator. They have no elevator. I was offer that room on the second floor.

My wife cannot do the stairs, so we where given a handicapped room on main floor.. I did not ask for it or want it. The room only had a queen. I am Choice Platinum member and was charged the same. The heater was noisy, the windows needs replacement.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience, and I sincerely apologize for the oversight with your reservation. The next time you make a reservation, please feel free to call the hotel personally so that we can make sure that a note is put in about needing a first floor room. The king bed rooms go very quickly here so this will ensure that you are taken care of properly. I will inform maintenance about the issues within the room. We do appreciate you staying with us and hope you will give us another try to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you for taking time to express your thoughts; and feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if there is anything I can further help or clarify. (gm.pa303@choicehotels.com)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I visit Danville every so often for the nearby Knoebels amusement park. I've stayed at three other places in this area but not this one. I got a deal for 80 dollars after the taxes and such from Priceline. This is the furthest hotel from center Danville but it's still only three miles away. You pull in and you notice nobody is really here and that's perfectly fine for me. It was quite a trek to the room from where we parked. For some reason the back lot where our room was closest to had a non functioning door card mechanism. Got to the room and was fully satisfied noticing the space and two tv sets. Room also had micro and fridge....very key. Comfortable bed. Pretty quit property. Checked out the lounge Curley's for no other reason than the fact it's adorable a place like this even has a lounge. Bartender Koop seemed a little confused, staring into his infogenesis screen and POS page for extended periods but his service was fine. Ordered wings which were ok. The hot weren't all that hot but we all agreed the teriyaki were excellent. Not sure if we are going to stick around for the breakfast buffet but the place is recommended with or without it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank tsar81165 .
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for submitting a review for us. We do encourage our guest to park out back where it is closer to the rooms. I will have maintenance check the outside door locks to make sure they are functioning correctly. I am also happy to hear that you stayed and tried our Curly's Sports Bar. I will let the cook know about the wings. I do hope that if you are in the area that you will consider to stay with us again.
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

The hotel is right of Intersate 81. The area seems a little depressed. Even though the hotel room seem to show its age, I found it to be clean and acceptable. The hotel staff was very pleasant and accommodating to deal with when I had to rearrange my reservation. If I were in the area again, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carlonnie H, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased to hear that the staff was pleasant and accommodating. All of the staff here does everything in their power to make each and every guest stay an enjoyable one. I will make sure to pass along your compliments to the staff here at the hotel. We are working on improvements to the property and rooms to help with the appearance.
Again, thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area. Have a great day!
Loudon, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Sad, sad, sad. No wonder I never find this facility completely booked. I learned the hard way. We'd be surprised if they even put carpet pads under the carpets. It is really run down. Our plastic toilet seat moved whenever one sat on it. How much fun is that? No elevator. The steps in the stairwell we used had black electricians tape holding down part of the step covering. The one redeeming amenity: Good hot buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Were were warned by a previous Trip Advisor traveler to avoid room 216. Bedbugs. I know some people...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 37774ron
Carlonnie H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear 30043ron2,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a reveiw about your recent stay at our hotel.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems you experienced with our hotel. I had the maintenance check the room and address all the problems. We are in the planning stages of renovations to our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed out hot breakfast. We did have room 216 inspected for bedbugs and found no evidence of them; nor has any other guest that stayed in room 216 since accusation reported a similar problem.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to complete a reveiw. I do hope the next time you are in the area that you consider staying with us again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
BEST WESTERN Danville Inn
#2 of 6 in Danville
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
#3 of 7 in Bloomsburg

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!