“Very Disappointed!”

Pocono Inn At Water Gap
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here during my AT hike last summer. From the outside this place looked okay. Once I got inside, it was another matter. The first room I was assigned was totally trashed, house keeping had not straightened up after the prior guest left. Went to desk and got another room. This one too was trashed and went back to the desk for a third time. Told the clerk that if this one was a strike, I was going down the street to the lodge. Third time was a charm, but still, for the price I paid, there was a lot to be desired. This place apparently was a Ramada Inn at one time but now independent. It is rundown, dirty, staff is incompetent, and house keeping had the gall to place an envelope asking for tips. No way. Strongly recommend that unless this place is the only room in town, go someplace else.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank SlingshotGA

Reviewed 4 August 2013

During our stay Friday 7-19-13 to Sat 7-20, we experienced the following: Saturday 12 noon 2 strangers opened door of our room with a key and asked us what we were doing in their room. They said the room was BOOKED to them for that day. My wife & kids were in the midst of getting dressed and were totally upset.

We went to the desk and complained. They gave us another room which offered us less than what we already had. No TV, microwave or shower curtains. We also felt that we might have another experience what we already had with the key situation and therefore we told them we were leaving. The pictures on the internet were not the true ones offered for this hotel. What is advertised is not given.

Also watch your valuables in your room. Obviously there are other keys available for the rooms besides the ones you already have.

We had asked for at least 1/2 refund for the Sat. nite reservation. We have been refused. WARNING STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL. BAD NEWS.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you ordered. We ordered 2 queen size beds but got only double.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeffrey R
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Do yourself a favor and stay someplace else. I was on a mystery ride and did not know where our destination was so someone else selected the hotel. If I had the chance to check reviews I would not have staid here. This place is a dump! It is very outdated and falling apart. The rooms smell like old tobacco smoke, the pillows were old enough to vote, an outlet was hanging from the wall, the shower looked like it should have been in a condemed building and there was black mold behind the toilet. Ironically, there was a tip envelope in the room that was colored like a elementary school project. Staff told us the place flooded two years ago and they still need to renovate. Honestly the place is borderline being condemed. Go someplace else to stay!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank AdventureMythsJon
Reviewed 29 May 2013

DO NOT stay here!!! There are plenty of hotels in Stroudsburg in the same price range!! First bad thing, it was obvious that they use the same room keys over and over, first no, no. On entering the building you are blasted with the musty smell of mold! The first floor was inaccessible which we found odd. The room is moderately sized. Carpet is extremely old. Old school TV, unlike most hotels which have gone to flat screens. The bathroom was absolutely filthy!!! I would not make my worse enemy shower there. I took pictures of the tub! I wanted to leave but was afraid I would lose my money, but it may have been worth it. The sample toiletries were laid out on the vanity top and some of them were half used!!! Gross!The bed was as hard as a rock! When leaving the next day we saw why the first floor was cut off (We had arrived when it was already dark). The whole lower level was all boarded up and it was obvious that there had been a very major flood there and they lost the first floor! You could see the mold on the painted over walls. I do not know how this place is not condemned! Such a poor decision to stay there. Please do not make that mistake!

Room Tip: Stay in Stroudsburg instead!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank tr1n1ty01
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Some places you leave and know you will never return. In this case it's probably also because we won't be able to. After checking in, we noticed the motel bar had an eviction notice on the door so all hopes of $1 beers went out the window. We weren't expecting luxury, but we were also hoping the online reviews we read were exaggerated. They were not. In addition to a smoky, moldy aroma, there were stains on the carpet, mold on the ceiling, plastic covering the hanging smoke detector, creepy abandoned hallways, and a view of a very shady parking lot. I'm thankful for the sign that stated, "not responsible for theft or damage to vehicles" because we were initially debating on leaving our golf bags in the car.

Needless to say, we checked out the next morning. After we requested a refund for the next two prepaid nights, the man at the front desk had the nerve to argue with us about what type of bug it was that crawled onto my hand in the bed the night before. We have yet to see a refund.

A memorable experience for sure!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Alexandra J
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel this past week. Before I went I read the reviews and was quite concerned. Well I must say for the price I paid it was an excellent choice. The place was clean and comfortable. It is not a 5 star but for the price that should not be expected. I would highly recommend it for a short stay. We went with a group of school children and they were all impressed. In the morning there was a continental breakfast with the freshest bagels I have had in a long time. For $48.00 a night I got a clean and comfortable room and even a great continental breakfast in the morning. Can't ask for more!!!!!HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bbratwurst
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We just drove through and needed a place to stay the night. We were informed that the ground floor had been flooded and is being renovated. So we could only stay on the second floor and there is no elevator we could find.

The room was fine, the beds are comfortable and it was acceptably clean. Old TV with noisy picture. There were no tissues in any tissue container. The room door was open when we got to the room. The bath tub's paint was peeling off.

The wifi drops out every once in a while, but when it's on it's fairly speedy. No fridge or microwave in the room.

Overall this is an acceptable motel for a one night stay. But given the location and the inconvenience of only staying on the second floor, I believe the price of $62.13 incl tax is too high.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tim T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delaware Water Gap
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor

Been to Pocono Inn At Water Gap? Share your experiences!