“Beware - They are crooks”

Pocono Inn At Water Gap
Alburtis, Pennsylvania
“Beware - They are crooks”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I booked a room through priceline with this hotel. They charged my credit card upfront even though they were not supposed to. I had to cancel the trip due to a change in plans and I did so a week in advance . They have refused to issue me a credit for the charge and they have even refused to acknowledge that they owe me the money. I can only guess what would happen if I actually stayed there. They have basically stolen my money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Washingtonville, pa
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Worst hotel I stayed in! The room we reserved was ok, except the heat didn't work, was turned on and all the way up and still blew cold air. They put us in another room with with smaller beds. The remote for the TV did not work so we had to sit in front of the TV to change channels. The phone worked, but made a ringing noise the whole time, when a call wasn't coming thru! When we talked to the manager about these issues, he asked us what he was supposed to do about it. I don't recommend this place!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Douglaston
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

This place is horrible...
Let's see, where do I start...
1) The non-smoking room reeked of cigarettes.
2) The sliding glass door doesn't close... It stops half an inch short of closing.
3) The toilet bowl had more stains than I've ever seen in a toilet.
4) The need sheet had holes on it.
5) The 22" tube TV has distorted image, plus the remote didn't work.
6) The green carpeting was filthy and crumpled.
7) The wall paper had stains in a few spots, plus there were several corners that were peeling off the wall.

The room I stayed in is #206.
My friends were in 3 other rooms that were in similar conditions.
I will upload photos on Google Maps.
I can only give it 1 start.... Because I can't give them a negative score.
They should pay "me" to stay here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Hoggie52Sam

Travellers are raving about these Delaware Water Gap hotels

Nebo, Illinois
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here during my AT hike last summer. From the outside this place looked okay. Once I got inside, it was another matter. The first room I was assigned was totally trashed, house keeping had not straightened up after the prior guest left. Went to desk and got another room. This one too was trashed and went back to the desk for a third time. Told the clerk that if this one was a strike, I was going down the street to the lodge. Third time was a charm, but still, for the price I paid, there was a lot to be desired. This place apparently was a Ramada Inn at one time but now independent. It is rundown, dirty, staff is incompetent, and house keeping had the gall to place an envelope asking for tips. No way. Strongly recommend that unless this place is the only room in town, go someplace else.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SlingshotGA
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2013

During our stay Friday 7-19-13 to Sat 7-20, we experienced the following: Saturday 12 noon 2 strangers opened door of our room with a key and asked us what we were doing in their room. They said the room was BOOKED to them for that day. My wife & kids were in the midst of getting dressed and were totally upset.

We went to the desk and complained. They gave us another room which offered us less than what we already had. No TV, microwave or shower curtains. We also felt that we might have another experience what we already had with the key situation and therefore we told them we were leaving. The pictures on the internet were not the true ones offered for this hotel. What is advertised is not given.

Also watch your valuables in your room. Obviously there are other keys available for the rooms besides the ones you already have.

We had asked for at least 1/2 refund for the Sat. nite reservation. We have been refused. WARNING STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL. BAD NEWS.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you ordered. We ordered 2 queen size beds but got only double.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeffrey R
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Do yourself a favor and stay someplace else. I was on a mystery ride and did not know where our destination was so someone else selected the hotel. If I had the chance to check reviews I would not have staid here. This place is a dump! It is very outdated and falling apart. The rooms smell like old tobacco smoke, the pillows were old enough to vote, an outlet was hanging from the wall, the shower looked like it should have been in a condemed building and there was black mold behind the toilet. Ironically, there was a tip envelope in the room that was colored like a elementary school project. Staff told us the place flooded two years ago and they still need to renovate. Honestly the place is borderline being condemed. Go someplace else to stay!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank AdventureMythsJon
Chesterton
Reviewed 29 May 2013

DO NOT stay here!!! There are plenty of hotels in Stroudsburg in the same price range!! First bad thing, it was obvious that they use the same room keys over and over, first no, no. On entering the building you are blasted with the musty smell of mold! The first floor was inaccessible which we found odd. The room is moderately sized. Carpet is extremely old. Old school TV, unlike most hotels which have gone to flat screens. The bathroom was absolutely filthy!!! I would not make my worse enemy shower there. I took pictures of the tub! I wanted to leave but was afraid I would lose my money, but it may have been worth it. The sample toiletries were laid out on the vanity top and some of them were half used!!! Gross!The bed was as hard as a rock! When leaving the next day we saw why the first floor was cut off (We had arrived when it was already dark). The whole lower level was all boarded up and it was obvious that there had been a very major flood there and they lost the first floor! You could see the mold on the painted over walls. I do not know how this place is not condemned! Such a poor decision to stay there. Please do not make that mistake!

Room Tip: Stay in Stroudsburg instead!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank tr1n1ty01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delaware Water Gap
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Days Inn East Stroudsburg
#6 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos

Been to Pocono Inn At Water Gap? Share your experiences!