“Find someplae else to stay.”

Pocono Inn At Water Gap
Stoystown, Pennsylvania
“Find someplae else to stay.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I went home for a family reunion. This place seemed good because it's only about 3 miles from my Dad's house. It was also a race weekend so prices were jacked up at other hotels. I booked this place on booking.com. I booked a double room because it had fridge in room. Got a call the day before I was to stay there asking me to switch to a king room. I said fine as long as they could provide me with a fridge. Girl got nasty on phone and told me I was being switched to king room and she would make a note of fridge but could not guarantee. The end. I am by no means picky about one night accomodations. I am more concerned with price but this place is a dump! The lobby ceiling tiles were disgusting, check in was ridiculously slow, parking lot has potholes everywhere and junk stacked up behind building in some places, one part of building is boarded up, no outside lights in back parking lot, exterior doors to building no longer lock, so anyone can walk in. The room (251) had wallpaper peeling off walls, alarm clock did not work because plug was ripped out of it, but it still sits on nightstand ?, tub needs to be resurfaced, toilet did not want to flush, long black hair hanging off of clean towel on rack, floor did not look clean and sliding glass door did not lock. I would not recommend this place.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jennreep

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. We booked it through hotwire and paid it in full before we got there but when we got there the receptionist had a problem checking us in, she didn't know what she was doing and the manager was not there, after waiting 30 minutes for her she finally just took our information and said she will tell her manager when he got in. The room was so dirty, there are stains on the carpet, the bathtub was peeling off, the bathroom light was not working, the sheets and towels were stained and so rough to the touch. OHHHH the bed was so horrible, we woke up with sore muscles all over.I mean everything that can be wrong with a hotel room was in this one. Furniture is so old, they even had the ancient tvs. They only serve free breakfast on the weekends, they said it's continental breakfast but I don't think cereal and cold bagels (the toaster was not working) can be considered "continental breakfast", those were the only 2 choices you get, your best bet is to go to the diner down the street. If our booking was non-refundable, we would have packed our bags and ran out of there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Khadija T

Travellers are raving about these Delaware Water Gap hotels

Reviewed 26 April 2014

As soon as we walked ain the front door to the motel there was a bad odor then as we got into the room it got even worse bathroom was dirty there was hair on the bed sheets just filthy and dumpy. We had to get our room switched after being here just a few hrs it s5

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank heatherhays
Alburtis, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I booked a room through priceline with this hotel. They charged my credit card upfront even though they were not supposed to. I had to cancel the trip due to a change in plans and I did so a week in advance . They have refused to issue me a credit for the charge and they have even refused to acknowledge that they owe me the money. I can only guess what would happen if I actually stayed there. They have basically stolen my money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Washingtonville, pa
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Worst hotel I stayed in! The room we reserved was ok, except the heat didn't work, was turned on and all the way up and still blew cold air. They put us in another room with with smaller beds. The remote for the TV did not work so we had to sit in front of the TV to change channels. The phone worked, but made a ringing noise the whole time, when a call wasn't coming thru! When we talked to the manager about these issues, he asked us what he was supposed to do about it. I don't recommend this place!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Douglaston
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

This place is horrible...
Let's see, where do I start...
1) The non-smoking room reeked of cigarettes.
2) The sliding glass door doesn't close... It stops half an inch short of closing.
3) The toilet bowl had more stains than I've ever seen in a toilet.
4) The need sheet had holes on it.
5) The 22" tube TV has distorted image, plus the remote didn't work.
6) The green carpeting was filthy and crumpled.
7) The wall paper had stains in a few spots, plus there were several corners that were peeling off the wall.

The room I stayed in is #206.
My friends were in 3 other rooms that were in similar conditions.
I will upload photos on Google Maps.
I can only give it 1 start.... Because I can't give them a negative score.
They should pay "me" to stay here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Hoggie52Sam
Nebo, Illinois
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here during my AT hike last summer. From the outside this place looked okay. Once I got inside, it was another matter. The first room I was assigned was totally trashed, house keeping had not straightened up after the prior guest left. Went to desk and got another room. This one too was trashed and went back to the desk for a third time. Told the clerk that if this one was a strike, I was going down the street to the lodge. Third time was a charm, but still, for the price I paid, there was a lot to be desired. This place apparently was a Ramada Inn at one time but now independent. It is rundown, dirty, staff is incompetent, and house keeping had the gall to place an envelope asking for tips. No way. Strongly recommend that unless this place is the only room in town, go someplace else.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SlingshotGA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delaware Water Gap
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Days Inn East Stroudsburg
Days Inn East Stroudsburg
#6 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos

Been to Pocono Inn At Water Gap? Share your experiences!