“Just and Addition........”

Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
More attraction details
Owner description: This 70,000-acre park is named for the point at which the Delaware River cuts through Kittatinny Mountain.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Try to make out our indian chief head, top of mountain, facing right. Most can; make sure you look very top, & to right.

Rent Kayaks & canoes, form Shawnee, PA. side

"easy walk"
"beautiful scenery"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I've been going here every year for the past 20 years its beautiful clean free its my favorite place I go every year easy hikes nice nooks.. just pick up after yourself please

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The PA side of the Delaware Water Gap is known as Mt Minsi and features some cool hikes. The Mt Minsi trail is part of the Appalachian Trail which then crosses a traffic bridge to the Jersey side. There is an old-growth Hemlock stand near the base of the mountain behind Lake Lenape. There is a nice vista at the top of the trail. You will encounter some rocky terrain so wear good shoes. This is Rocksylvania after all. Moderate hike that takes about 3 hours if your moving at a good pace. 4 if your just strolling. About 5 miles to complete the whole thing.

2  Thank ElectExile
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I am not a hiker but one day my boyfriend convinced me to join him on a hike to the top of mount Tammany at the Delaware Water Gap. I absolutely loved it. I was scared of seeing wildlife, such as bears, on the trip but we ended up seeing nothing but little insects. The hike up to Mount Tammany is broken up into two trails, the red dot and the blue dot trail. I researched both trails prior to going and my information told me that the red dot trail was hard. I didn't believe it.

If you are not an experienced hiker I do not recommend the red dot trail!! I suffer from knee problems which made the hard trail even worse for me (my boyfriend didn't have a problem with it). The red dot trail starts off easy but eventually you reach a section where it is ALL rocks that you have to climb up for the rest of the trail. However, the view at the top is totally worth all the hard work.

We took the blue dot trail down which was a lot easier and more child and dog friendly. The blue dot trail was a little longer but very relaxing and a lot easier on the legs. It also went past a pond which we saw a bunch of people swimming in. Overall, I loved this hike and I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

3  Thank Kara G