“Sensory overload and sweets galore!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Village Farmer and Bakery

Village Farmer and Bakery
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ridgefield, CT
“Sensory overload and sweets galore!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is a small stand that sells a great variety of apples, fruit and vegatables from the area ...outdoors! Indoors there are cookies, cakes, pies, candy, nuts etc...everywhere you look!Since it is the fall there was an abundance of apple pies of all sorts.There is a full counter of pastries and take out food items.We bought some of the area honey but also considered the homemade jams, jellies and condiments. Beware of going here hungry as you may much more than you want!! Be prepared to wait in line to pay and finding assistance when it is busy can be frustrating as everyone in on the registers.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank larkenRidgefield_CT

Pennsylvania
“Lunch and Dessert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great specials, made to order. Very casual place with a great bakery. Pies of all kinds, pastry. Homemade pot pies. The best grilled cheese ! An all american lunch, hotdog..apple pie for a great price. Indoor and Outdoor seating! fresh produce in season!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank HokeWeiss
“PIE< PIE<PIE!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We saw this place while on the Water Gap Trolley Tour and decided to give it a try. Too bad we had already eaten a huge breakfast that morning because the bbq smelled great. We ended up with a fresh apple turnover that had still crisp apples and a great crust. We also bought a peach pie and some pb cookies. Everything was so good that we went back and ended up with the most delicious apple struedel hot out of the oven. We'll be back, no doubt.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CCW60
Freeport, Pennsylvania, United States
“Rudest Treatment Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stopped by for lunch after the trolley ride. Unfortunately the young lady waiting on us was aggravated by that. I asked for a pot pie which was "plopped down" in front of me. My wife asked for the hot dog and pie special which was presented in the same wonderful manner, I then had the audacity to ask for a fork and was told there "down there". When I found "down there" there was only one lying on a table. I don't think it had been used, at least I hope not. I don't know if the food was any good or not as by this time I had lost my appetite. I would not go back there if they paid me to eat there.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Milford, Pennsylvania
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

They have great desserts here. Also they cook outdoors and have a great variety to choose from. Love the greenery for sale and statues for the outdoors seems like a good value. Many jarred foods a little pricy depending on what it is. Their pot pies are the best chocked full of ingredients and more then two people can eat for the money a great value. While the apple pie was good the combo with the hot door was messy had chili all over my apple pie wouldn't do that again. This place has country type charm, Not happy that this place dosent have a bathroom though and for a woman an outhouse is not the best so that turned me off if you serve food then do the best for your customers and put in some indoor plumbing. The produce is fresh but can be a little on the high side didn't buy the tomatoes at almost 3.00 per pound. Over all a good experience and would recommend and of course have been a repeat customer.

Visited July 2013